Abortion: wrong or just sort of wrong?

You claimed that supporting the legality of an act was the same as promoting it.

sayings killing unborn children is a constitutional right....fighting any attempt to limit it......teaching children as they grow up that being able to kill your unborn children is a good thing and should be protected.....and you don't think that's promoting it?.......

If we are only supposed to talk about the majority of abortions then we should stay in the first 8 weeks of pregnancy. But you guys constantly bring up aborting a fetus a day before it is due, which has probably never happened. Of course, I am sure you will rationalize your hypocrisy again.

???...I oppose abortion in the first 8 weeks of pregnancy......and in the last 8 weeks of pregnancy.....and the middle 8 weeks of pregnancy.....and in any random days in between......how does that make me hypocritical......

sayings killing unborn children is a constitutional right....fighting any attempt to limit it......teaching children as they grow up that being able to kill your unborn children is a good thing and should be protected.....and you don't think that's promoting it?.......

You are moving the goalposts.

Can you understand that if I believe Marijuana should be legal...

that does not necessarily mean that I am promoting people use marijuana?

???....actually no.....do you think of it that way?....

If you believe that promoting the legalization of something is the same thing as promoting that action, you are incredibly fucked up...

I'm puzzled why you can't see that it is.....

You claimed that supporting the legality of an act was the same as promoting it. You added in these other conditions only after you realized how untenable and stupid the position you had stake out was.

Nobody has argued that it is a good thing or that we should teach children that it is. Your claims are absurd.

Isn't it our constitutional right to reject religion? Would you not fight any attempts to limit this right? Are you promoting that others should do that by acknowledging that such a right exists?

???...I oppose abortion in the first 8 weeks of pregnancy......and in the last 8 weeks of pregnancy.....and the middle 8 weeks of pregnancy.....and in any random days in between......how does that make me hypocritical......

I already stated that very clearly, little ditzy. Again, you are a hypocrite because you will cite the rare cases of late term abortions to make an emotional appeal but then claim that it is somehow invalid to cite rape or ectopic pregnancies because they are rare. You only consider the data you like and search for any rationalization you can to ignore the cases that highlight the obvious problems of your weak premises.

You are moving the goalposts.

You claimed that supporting the legality of an act was the same as promoting it. You added in these other conditions only after you realized how untenable and stupid the position you had stake out was.

Nobody has argued that it is a good thing or that we should teach children that it is. Your claims are absurd.

Isn't it our constitutional right to reject religion? Would you not fight any attempts to limit this right? Are you promoting that others should do that by acknowledging that such a right exists?

actually, I see from the above quotes that I was saying promoting then and I am saying promoting now......

you did strike one parallel.....I say we have a constitutional right to exercise our religion......there is no way to express that without saying it is a good thing.....it is also something I would teach children.......are you saying that when you claim a constitutional right to kill unborn children you're saying its a bad thing?......are there other constitutional rights that you think are bad things?.....do you teach children that constitutional rights are bad things or good things?.....

so you would equate killing children with the free exercise of religion?......is killing children also on a par with the freedom of the press?......how about being on a par with the right to be free from discrimination because of race?......

I already stated that very clearly, little ditzy. Again, you are a hypocrite because you will cite the rare cases of late term abortions to make an emotional appeal but then claim that it is somehow invalid to cite rape or ectopic pregnancies because they are rare. You only consider the data you like and search for any rationalization you can to ignore the cases that highlight the obvious problems of your weak premises.

again, I am willing to make the same emotional appeal relating to the first eight weeks of pregnancy.....I consider you a baby killer if its the first week or the last week......

again, I am willing to make the same emotional appeal relating to the first eight weeks of pregnancy.....I consider you a baby killer if its the first week or the last week......

If you consider them all baby killers, then why are you so defensive about answering questions about rape victims and those with an ectopic pregnancies?

It's because you can't justify your premise in a way that is relevant to the real world.

actually, I see from the above quotes that I was saying promoting then and I am saying promoting now......

you did strike one parallel.....I say we have a constitutional right to exercise our religion......there is no way to express that without saying it is a good thing.....it is also something I would teach children.......are you saying that when you claim a constitutional right to kill unborn children you're saying its a bad thing?......are there other constitutional rights that you think are bad things?.....do you teach children that constitutional rights are bad things or good things?.....

so you would equate killing children with the free exercise of religion?......is killing children also on a par with the freedom of the press?......how about being on a par with the right to be free from discrimination because of race?......

So you promote atheism and other rejections of the Christian faith? You would teach that and promote it to children?

I don't suffer from your problems, since I am perfectly able to separate a right from the act. There are many things one has a right to do that are not good things. Smoke cigarettes, drink excessively, eat unhealthy foods, be careless about pollution and waste of resources, ignore your children, verbally abuse others, be a dickhead conservative, teach your children to believe in fairy tales and/or to reject science.... really I could go on forever.

No one is talking about killing "unborn children."

If you consider them all baby killers, then why are you so defensive about answering questions about rape victims and those with an ectopic pregnancies?

It's because you can't justify your premise in a way that is relevant to the real world.
...no....its because they have no bearing on my objections to abortion.....before Roe v Wade the law already made exceptions for those cases......what's changed is legalizing abortion for any reason whatsoever.....

Back