Amazon Tavern

I know it. Today is absolutely picture perfect here, then it gets hot for a few days. Like maybe even up to 90F. Ugh.

Spent a few hours out in the woods looking for shrooms and berries. Picked enough blueberries just in the meadow to make Mr. Owl some blueberry muffins. I figure he deserves them because he spent weeks last summer cutting down all the pin cherries down there to open it up. The blueberries thanked him with their fruits.... they're bountiful this summer! Plus they've spread everywhere now that they have full sun.

We are having high 90's,low 100's,insane humidity!thru Sunday!

We are having high 90's,low 100's,insane humidity!thru Sunday!

Hope you guys can stay cool and indoors. I'll give it a couple more weeks, then I'm officially done with summer. Works out pretty well, actually. The leaves start turning in late August. lol

Oh geeze. Are you able to tolerate that? Can you bring a canopy?

There should be at least 5 of us that will travel together, at least 2 have canopies. They are in different classes though, so I'll have to put my chair wherever they are parked.
If the heat doesn't keep them away, there should be upwards of 200 cars there. On the 4th, there was a guy next to me that had one, hopefully there will be one at this one.
Last year, it poured and I got soaked driving home, and I'll probably get soaked this year because the "A/C" only blows hot air.

There should be at least 5 of us that will travel together, at least 2 have canopies. They are in different classes though, so I'll have to put my chair wherever they are parked.
If the heat doesn't keep them away, there should be upwards of 200 cars there. On the 4th, there was a guy next to me that had one, hopefully there will be one at this one.
Last year, it poured and I got soaked driving home, and I'll probably get soaked this year because the "A/C" only blows hot air.

Hope it goes okay.

We went to the pool a few hours then lunch,then back to the AC!

Today hasn't been too bad. Pretty humid, but that's because we got some more much-needed rain. Tomorrow it's supposed to be close to 90F and that's here by the lakeshore; interior will be even warmer, possibly.

Back