Amazon Tavern

It was a madhouse around in town today. Everyone out and about, especially to the beaches. Traffic was crazy, but that's what you get in the small tourist trap cities. The place gets like Aspen and other similar places. I had to get to that doctor's appointment though.

Heh, it was like that here too. There's a big music festival going on this weekend plus some bike races and running races and other summer stuff plus the usual July hordes of tourists. The giant snow piles on Wally World's parking lot have been replaced by RVs. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't going on vacation in your RV and camping out on Walmart's parking lot NOT sound like fun?

Heh, it was like that here too. There's a big music festival going on this weekend plus some bike races and running races and other summer stuff plus the usual July hordes of tourists. The giant snow piles on Wally World's parking lot have been replaced by RVs. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't going on vacation in your RV and camping out on Walmart's parking lot NOT sound like fun?

Sounds like a shit load of money wasted on a camper.

Sounds like a shit load of money wasted on a camper.

For sure. We saw that a lot in Alaska too. I guess ppl don't plan ahead and get camp sites reserved, then show up and there's no place to set up but Wally World. Or maybe they just like the convenience of being between a noisy parking lot and a noisy highway and lots of fast food joints. lol

Happy 50th Anniversary, humans, for achieving the moon landing and returning safely home.

BVhsL5U.jpg

gvVQBOc.jpg

I looked @ getting one, but given the costs I could stay @ great hotels & rent cars & save money..

I would guess the ppl sleeping in walmart are living permanently in their mobile singlewides..

I looked @ getting one, but given the costs I could stay @ great hotels & rent cars & save money..

I would guess the ppl sleeping in walmart are living permanently in their mobile singlewides..

When we first got married it was sleeping under the stars in sleeping bags. Then in Germany we moved up to tents (European tents are really nice they have sleeping rooms, a potty room easy to setup and tear down.). Then our second tour to Germany we moved up to a travel trailer. Today our idea of camping out is Holiday Inn.

No, don't think so. They're not there in the winter, for sure. They just either couldn't find a campsite, or they didn't want to pay for one.

When we first got married it was sleeping under the stars in sleeping bags. Then in Germany we moved up to tents (European tents are really nice they have sleeping rooms, a potty room easy to setup and tear down.). Then our second tour to Germany we moved up to a travel trailer. Today our idea of camping out is Holiday Inn.

I'm with you, pretty much over sleeping on the ground in tents. We rent an RV when we go to Alaska. They're just like a little house on wheels. I like that you can stop wherever you like. You don't have to camp in campgrounds there; there are pull-offs along the highways to camp at if you want. You got your little fridge and food and can fix something quick, and then relax and enjoy the amazing beauty around you. This was our campsite on the Denali Hwy, between Paxson and Cantwell. Imagine waking up to this!

1V0090q.jpg

I'm with you, pretty much over sleeping on the ground in tents. We rent an RV when we go to Alaska. They're just like a little house on wheels. I like that you can stop wherever you like. You don't have to camp in campgrounds there; there are pull-offs along the highways to camp at if you want. You got your little fridge and food and can fix something quick, and then relax and enjoy the amazing beauty around you. This was our campsite on the Denali Hwy, between Paxson and Cantwell. Imagine waking up to this!

6tUoLeX.jpg
I can’t wait, only a few more days till I go back! I’m going to pick blueberries at Powerline Pass!

Oh man, I'm so envious. I miss Alaska so much. I hope you enjoy your trip back home. Are you staying mostly around the ANC area?
Yes, the grands want to go to Alyeska, and we may go fishing on the Kenai, but mostly plan to visit friends in Anchorage.
I might fly to Juneau to surprise a friend, have t decided, she may to Anchorage, instead. She runs the radio station in Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan.

Yes, the grands want to go to Alyeska, and we may go fishing on the Kenai, but mostly plan to visit friends in Anchorage.
I might fly to Juneau to surprise a friend, have t decided, she may to Anchorage, instead. She runs the radio station in Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan.

How long do you plan to be there? Bet you can't wait to see everyone again.

Don't let anyone in on your politics or they may run you out of state on a rail. Just kidding have fun.

You might be very surprised to find out that the non-military Alaskans are pretty independent ppl who don't swill down the latest (R) Koolaid being offered. See Murkowski, Lisa (R).

You might be very surprised to find out that the non-military Alaskans are pretty independent ppl who don't swill down the latest (R) Koolaid being offered. See Murkowski, Lisa (R).

All I know is the state has voted solidly red since 1960. Looks like the average Alaskan doesn't buy in to the liberal BS. Just saying.

Back