Amazon Tavern

To cold,to long!I can only handle cold and snow so long!

Mr. Owl isn't all that pleased with the shorter summers here either. For instance, right now it is 70F inside. I'm happy in t-shirt and shorts and nothing else. He's wearing a flannel shirt, wool socks, and sweat pants. Wimp. lol

Our brother-in-law is coming tomorrow to visit for a few days. He spent his summer so far out West in the Pacific NW mountains and seacoast -- Washington, Oregon, N. Calif. But he's from the Midwest like we are, and lives in MO. Should be interesting to see if he's "freezing" like Mr. Owl is when it's 70F(ucking) degrees. lol

Mr. Owl isn't all that pleased with the shorter summers here either. For instance, right now it is 70F inside. I'm happy in t-shirt and shorts and nothing else. He's wearing a flannel shirt, wool socks, and sweat pants. Wimp. lol

Our brother-in-law is coming tomorrow to visit for a few days. He spent his summer so far out West in the Pacific NW mountains and seacoast -- Washington, Oregon, N. Calif. But he's from the Midwest like we are, and lives in MO. Should be interesting to see if he's "freezing" like Mr. Owl is when it's 70F(ucking) degrees. lol

70, in flannel?? Sounds like he needs a check up......... 105 here now.:(

I am use to it, the A/C rate drops to that lowest level in a half hour & I will crank er down..

81 inside now, no fan...

Not doing anything to cause heat

Wears on you as the time goes by.
For me,and our winner is more 3 an a half months.
After awhile my body doesn't want to be cold anymore!

Coldest I lived was in NYC... It snowed but because of the ocean/water all around it wasn't harsh, beautiful when it came down, but horrible the next day having to go to work..

Coldest I lived was in NYC... It snowed but because of the ocean/water all around it wasn't harsh, beautiful when it came down, but horrible the next day having to go to work..

That's why I don't mind winter anymore,I don't have to drive to work,now that I'm retired.

Sounds like here. The big lake really moderates our temps both summer and winter. We're a mile and a half from the highway that takes us into town. I've seen the outside temp here at 5F when I leave. By the time I got up to the highway, away from the lake, it dropped to -5F. The reverse is true in the summer; it can be 80F when we turn off to come home, and a comfortable 72F at the house. It's more humid by the lake though, for sure.

Sounds like here. The big lake really moderates our temps both summer and winter. We're a mile and a half from the highway that takes us into town. I've seen the outside temp here at 5F when I leave. By the time I got up to the highway, away from the lake, it dropped to -5F. The reverse is true in the summer; it can be 80F when we turn off to come home, and a comfortable 72F at the house. It's more humid by the lake though, for sure.

SF is really a good example as well.......

Yes, it is beautiful then, especially peaceful when it is gently falling..

I abhor winter time since I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I spent a few hundred on a special light for it and all it did was make me feel hyper with nothing to do.

Awesome, beautiful, hope you have a great time & don't get burnt....lol

I know the power of the Sun in the tropics well. I have fair Celtic skin so need to be careful. Anyway it's the rainy season now so most days are cloudy and rainy albeit the rain is mostly showers.

Back