Amazon Tavern

The deep rich red is usually a sunset here...... Unless there is a fire of course.

You must have some pretty long days in June..

We do, as well as long twilights. Sunrise at summer solstice is ~5:50am (EDT) and sunset ~9:50pm. You can add about 45 minutes to each one of good light!

Hope you guys are staying fire-free this summer. There's enough of that going around between the Amazon, Alaska, and Siberia.

Feel about the same.No don't crave carbs.
Still learning about what to eat and not eat.
I don't get crazy hungry,like on a carb diet.
For years all the exercise I didn't lose a lb.
When I started this,it was to get my high sugar back to normal,so I wouldn't drift into diabetes.
Then I stepped on the scale about a week ago and saw I lost 12 lbs and lost 3 more since.

Great job!!! Have you increased your physical activity too, or is this solely due to diet changes?

My oldest use to say she would crave carbs but that seems alien to me, I have no idea what that is like.......

I eat w/ my eyes I guess.:dunno:

You're lucky then! My Waterloo is salt; I love salty/savory foods way more than I should. Like those blueberry muffins the other day.... I ate only one of them; the boys finished the rest of them off.

We do, as well as long twilights. Sunrise at summer solstice is ~5:50am (EDT) and sunset ~9:50pm. You can add about 45 minutes to each one of good light!

Hope you guys are staying fire-free this summer. There's enough of that going around between the Amazon, Alaska, and Siberia.

Yes, very good so far.:)

This year I was up early many times & noticed how much sooner the ambient light makes things very visible long before the actual sunrise.

I usually use weather underground as it is the most localized & you get worthless ti-bits like that.:thinking:...lol

You're lucky then! My Waterloo is salt; I love salty/savory foods way more than I should. Like those blueberry muffins the other day.... I ate only one of them; the boys finished the rest of them off.

I use to eat lots of salty snacks :thinking: Was all I ever knew......lol My daughter (the dietitian) asks in 7th grade "why are all of our snacks salty"..... I was kinda dumbfounded, aren't all snack salty....:dunno: :thinking:

Yes, very good so far.:)
This year I was up early many times & noticed how much sooner the ambient light makes things very visible long before the actual sunrise.
I usually use weather underground as it is the most localized & you get worthless ti-bits like that.:thinking:...lol

I love WU! Had a blog on there for years, and also posted photos when they allowed that. Then they got bought out by Weather Channel and all that fun interactive stuff went away.

I use to eat lots of salty snacks :thinking: Was all I ever knew......lol My daughter (the dietitian) asks in 7th grade "why are all of our snacks salty"..... I was kinda dumbfounded, aren't all snack salty....:dunno: :thinking:

You mean there are unsalty salts? Who knew? lol Does she nag you about diet at all?

I love WU! Had a blog on there for years, and also posted photos when they allowed that. Then they got bought out by Weather Channel and all that fun interactive stuff went away.

Wow, didn't know they even had a blog....

What did ppl fight about there?? Clouds??

That republican tornado destroyed my farm, the democrat hurricane wiped out half the town....:laugh:

Wow, didn't know they even had a blog....
What did ppl fight about there?? Clouds??
That republican tornado destroyed my farm, the democrat hurricane wiped out half the town....:laugh:

LOL @ fighting about clouds. Hahahaha! No, the blogs were personal blogs. Now they only have the admin guys' blogs. You could post comments though on other members' blogs. They were pretty well-moderated so didn't allow a lot of bickering. Mine was about space weather -- aurora, meteor showers, space exploration, eclipses, astrophotography, etc. The photography thing was excellent. You could upload your own photos (had to be at least sort of weather-related, of course), and a group of admin ppl could choose to appoint one of your photos with the coveted "Approvers Choice" which put your photo up at the top when users visited WU.

But alas, all that is gone now. I was a member since 2001. Still have a number of cyber friends from the old site... we've migrated to FB, Instagram, and Twitter. I've even met a couple of ppl from there IRL!

No, not since she doesn't live w/ me but I hear a sigh sometimes when she opens the pantry......lmao..

LMAO! Kids. I love it when my middle daughter comes to visit. She's the only one of my 3 girls who loves cooking, and growing, as much as I do. Get the same huffs and sighs. Then when she's gone home again, I notice that all my boxed goods are alphabetically organized, all the utensils in the cooking stuff utensil drawers are perfectly aligned with handles to the right and space between, and my spice jars on their rack are all straight again. I love that chick. :loveu:

A couple days ago it was 82F both inside and out. Today not so much. In fact, we have our first fire-of-autumn in the woodstove. And a bit of pinot grigio in the wine glasses, and some gourmet cheese n sausage that Mr. Owl brought home today. Harvested and hung up to dry the onions today, along with basil, dill, and St. Johns wort. The last of the wax beans are in the freezer, but a new crop has sprouted and hopefully will make it before frost. Smoked chicken pot pie on tap for supper. Outside, sun-lit cloud ships are sailing over the lake. Life is very good! I hope your day and life is as well.

Lrnkclp.jpg

LOL @ fighting about clouds. Hahahaha! No, the blogs were personal blogs. Now they only have the admin guys' blogs. You could post comments though on other members' blogs. They were pretty well-moderated so didn't allow a lot of bickering. Mine was about space weather -- aurora, meteor showers, space exploration, eclipses, astrophotography, etc. The photography thing was excellent. You could upload your own photos (had to be at least sort of weather-related, of course), and a group of admin ppl could choose to appoint one of your photos with the coveted "Approvers Choice" which put your photo up at the top when users visited WU.

But alas, all that is gone now. I was a member since 2001. Still have a number of cyber friends from the old site... we've migrated to FB, Instagram, and Twitter. I've even met a couple of ppl from there IRL!

Sounds interesting & fun.....

If you like posting pict & stuff you should check out ViewBug.... They have rank amateurs up to professionals & you can enter your photo in varies categories, sub categories & even win stuff + ribbons etc....

LMAO! Kids. I love it when my middle daughter comes to visit. She's the only one of my 3 girls who loves cooking, and growing, as much as I do. Get the same huffs and sighs. Then when she's gone home again, I notice that all my boxed goods are alphabetically organized, all the utensils in the cooking stuff utensil drawers are perfectly aligned with handles to the right and space between, and my spice jars on their rack are all straight again. I love that chick. :loveu:

:cool::cool: lol

A couple days ago it was 82F both inside and out. Today not so much. In fact, we have our first fire-of-autumn in the woodstove. And a bit of pinot grigio in the wine glasses, and some gourmet cheese n sausage that Mr. Owl brought home today. Harvested and hung up to dry the onions today, along with basil, dill, and St. Johns wort. The last of the wax beans are in the freezer, but a new crop has sprouted and hopefully will make it before frost. Smoked chicken pot pie on tap for supper. Outside, sun-lit cloud ships are sailing over the lake. Life is very good! I hope your day and life is as well.

Lrnkclp.jpg

Beautiful, can almost see Canada??? lol

Sounds interesting & fun.....

If you like posting pict & stuff you should check out ViewBug.... They have rank amateurs up to professionals & you can enter your photo in varies categories, sub categories & even win stuff + ribbons etc....

Thanks for the tip! Never heard of it, will check it out. Do you post there?

Good morning! Another chilly one -- 49F when I got up at 6am. Shut the hoop house door last evening for the first time all summer. It's amazing how far the Sun appears to have traveled southward across the horizon since Solstice in June. The arrow marks where he rises on Summer Solstice.

gRpsibt.jpg

Back