Amazon Tavern

I know the power of the Sun in the tropics well. I have fair Celtic skin so need to be careful. Anyway it's the rainy season now so most days are cloudy and rainy albeit the rain is mostly showers.

You staying for several weeks??

You can really get fried on those cloudy days as well.......

What are you doing?? Any tourist stuff?? Snorkeling?? Hiking??

What a wonderful weekend so far! Our brother-in-law/brother-of-my-heart came to visit for a few days. We've been enjoying the superb U.P. summer weather, grilling some great steaks (last night) and salmon (tonight). Good company, lots of story-sharing and of course some gossip, an afternoon target-shooting event with our bang-bangs (I hit 10/10!). (I went inside when the boys brought out the loud guns. lol) So grateful and blessed with this life.

Hope you all are enjoying yours as well!

Sounds like you found paradise......:)

I'm pretty sure that it is. Just before sunset yesterday this huge two-mast sailboat went cruising by. Not the best picture, didn't have time to get out the good camera. Nice to dream of what it would be like to sail on it.

xImg224.jpg

I'm pretty sure that it is. Just before sunset yesterday this huge two-mast sailboat went cruising by. Not the best picture, didn't have time to get out the good camera. Nice to dream of what it would be like to sail on it.

xImg224.jpg
27A3FA0B-391F-447F-B35C-8BE58926F47D.jpg
Here’s one for you, my friend, Whittier, AK, it was a perfect day with the grands, my daughter, son in law and hubby. We saw Beluga whales on the drive down and back.

View attachment 11361
Here’s one for you, my friend, Whittier, AK, it was a perfect day with the grands, my daughter, son in law and hubby. We saw Beluga whales on the drive down and back.

OMG, how gorgeous! We were just talking about Whittier last night! Our b.i.l. is in the planning stages of a trip to Alaska and was asking about places we've seen. Do they live there?

:) :thinking: Beautiful view..

We went to the beach this afternoon and hung out for a while. Absolutely beautiful summer day -- clear skies, about 80F, low humidity, nice breeze. The tourists were out in force! But we found a quiet little pocket of goodness by one of the islands, so it was all good.

AQNwojW.jpg

We went to the beach this afternoon and hung out for a while. Absolutely beautiful summer day -- clear skies, about 80F, low humidity, nice breeze. The tourists were out in force! But we found a quiet little pocket of goodness by one of the islands, so it was all good.

AQNwojW.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :)

:cool: Beautiful...… You must get up early every day?

Pretty much! I'm usually up by sunrise if not before. Mr. Owl likes to sleep in. He did get up early the other day to see our b.i.l. off. He quoth: "Wow, look how red that is out there. So *that's* what a sunrise looks like around here." :laugh:

WOW!!!!!! That's impressive! How do you feel? Do you crave carbs? Do you feel more or less energetic?

Feel about the same.No don't crave carbs.
Still learning about what to eat and not eat.
I don't get crazy hungry,like on a carb diet.
For years all the exercise I didn't lose a lb.
When I started this,it was to get my high sugar back to normal,so I wouldn't drift into diabetes.
Then I stepped on the scale about a week ago and saw I lost 12 lbs and lost 3 more since.

Pretty much! I'm usually up by sunrise if not before. Mr. Owl likes to sleep in. He did get up early the other day to see our b.i.l. off. He quoth: "Wow, look how red that is out there. So *that's* what a sunrise looks like around here." :laugh:

The deep rich red is usually a sunset here...... Unless there is a fire of course.

You must have some pretty long days in June..

Back