Amazon Tavern

Yes, should be very nice weather.. 80 up top max & that is a nice cool breeze w/ 10-20% humidity usually....... (70's top starting first week of sept)

I can hang w/ both & usually do most of the way but if it short I get out in front. Some times like a pent up puppy.:)

A few times I do it if some is trying to show off-I don't like that.. I'll take lots of picts

Please post some! I would love to see your viewpoint from up there!

Yeah 80F with that low of humidity isn't bad at all. Your descriptions of your area make me want to plan another trip out West. Last time I was there was 50 years ago last month! Is Sequoia Natl Park still there, still nice and still less-crowded than Yosemite?

Our b.i.l. who visited last week has been spending several weeks each summer staying in various western parts of the country. Last year it was NM/AZ. This year it was OR/WA/Northern CA/WY. Next year he wants to go to Yosemite, but said that the waiting list to get lodging inside the park is over a year wait. He did go to Yellowstone this year but stayed outside the park, and spent hours each day just driving or sitting in traffic. What time of year would you recommend to visit the western national parks, esp. those in California?

Please post some! I would love to see your viewpoint from up there!

Yeah 80F with that low of humidity isn't bad at all. Your descriptions of your area make me want to plan another trip out West. Last time I was there was 50 years ago last month! Is Sequoia Natl Park still there, still nice and still less-crowded than Yosemite?

Our b.i.l. who visited last week has been spending several weeks each summer staying in various western parts of the country. Last year it was NM/AZ. This year it was OR/WA/Northern CA/WY. Next year he wants to go to Yosemite, but said that the waiting list to get lodging inside the park is over a year wait. He did go to Yellowstone this year but stayed outside the park, and spent hours each day just driving or sitting in traffic. What time of year would you recommend to visit the western national parks, esp. those in California?
Yosemite valley is always very crowded but it you go to other spots is not bad @ all.. I don't go there often though.. I did clouds rest last Sept & hardly anyone on the trail for a weekend.. Prob less that 50 ppl, most of those were on the trail up to the trail..

I might go camping in Sequoia w/ a friend if we can work it out as she has not been real well lately..

Yes, it is terrible waiting times, mostly because some are scalping them... Sad the way they do it.. As lots of those lottery winners to do limited hikes don't show up.. (You can do the same in Yosemite & just drive in daily-about an hour.. There are hotel & camping facilities on all ends of the park..

Off season, after labor day weekend most places lose 80% of their traffic, awesome.. Yosemite valley will always be crowded, but less so after summer..

Yosemite valley is always very crowded but it you go to other spots is not bad @ all.. I don't go there often though.. I did clouds rest last Sept & hardly anyone on the trail for a weekend.. Prob less that 50 ppl, most of those were on the trail up to the trail..

I might go camping in Sequoia w/ a friend if we can work it out as she has not been real well lately..

I hope you get to go, and that she will be well enough. What a wonderful experience!

Yes, it is terrible waiting times, mostly because some are scalping them... Sad the way they do it.. As lots of those lottery winners to do limited hikes don't show up.. (You can do the same in Yosemite & just drive in daily-about an hour.. There are hotel & camping facilities on all ends of the park..
Off season, after labor day weekend most places lose 80% of their traffic, awesome.. Yosemite valley will always be crowded, but less so after summer..

Thanks, I'll pass this on to him. I told him that our own experience (as adults, not when I was a kid) with national and state parks is that tourism drops off drastically after Labor Day. In fact, if you want to really experience Alaska's wonders in your own or a rented RV, that is THE time to go. Would you be interested in getting in touch with him via email or the like to offer more of your wisdom?

I hope you get to go, and that she will be well enough. What a wonderful experience!

Thanks, I'll pass this on to him. I told him that our own experience (as adults, not when I was a kid) with national and state parks is that tourism drops off drastically after Labor Day. In fact, if you want to really experience Alaska's wonders in your own or a rented RV, that is THE time to go. Would you be interested in getting in touch with him via email or the like to offer more of your wisdom?

You have about the extent of my knowledge about the big parks.. If I could be of help on something sure..

Getting there on fasting too.
You will be getting so skinny and feeling so much better. Sugar is the real poison, I'm convinced.

Anytime you need moral support, I will give it. I have made this a way of life. I lost weight after quitting smoking and have maintained it for years. I am so weaned from sugar, a small half packet of the pink stuff or stevia makes tea taste really sweet to me.

You will be getting so skinny and feeling so much better. Sugar is the real poison, I'm convinced.

Anytime you need moral support, I will give it. I have made this a way of life. I lost weight after quitting smoking and have maintained it for years. I am so weaned from sugar, a small half packet of the pink stuff or stevia makes tea taste really sweet to me.

Amazing!! Good for you. If you were to break it down, what percentage of your diet would you say is protein/fat/carb?

The longer I'm on this,the better I feel,sugar is like a drug!I can't wait to get rid of the rest of this belly.

Well, here's some mixed feelings. We heard a month or so ago that the DNR had put out a trap for our black bear friend. Just talked to them; they caught the rascal and moved him far, far away. So guess it's safe to put out the bird feeders again. But kind of sad knowing we won't be seeing him again.

NFQII6v.jpg

Back