Amazon Tavern

I think we are eating to much protein,how much is to much,yesterday we had steaks,pretty sure that was to much.
Today we had 2 chicken thighs each.Is that to much?
Plus what is the best source of fats.
We are doing good on carbs.
Now we need to adjust protein and fats.
The people who do "strict keto" do a calculation on what percentages their fat, carbs and protein should be, and with keto, fat is the largest %. Look up keto macro calculator. I do what they call lazy keto or low carb.

Fats, olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc.

Places like Lowe's and Depot have the same old plants every year, IMO. Maybe one new flavor of the year but mostly stuff like hostas, Stellas, coreopsis, coneflower etc. A few years ago giant zinnias were the big thing, now nobody has them anymore. I have a bunch of nurseries that I visit every year. That's where I get the heliotrope. One year I bought heliotrope seeds on ebay and the seller included a free packet of coreopsis. You guessed it, the heliotrope didn't grow and the coreopsis is overrunning the garden!

Isn't that how it always works though? The first year I planted some red seed pots. that didn't do especially well. Apparently I missed a few at harvest because a couple came up last year. This year that whole half of the bed was filled with them! Mr. Owl said "Doesn't it annoy you when the volunteers do better than the stuff you planted?" Yes, honey, it does. lol

We don't have much choice in plant nurseries here. There is only one. Last winter some of its greenhouse were collapsed and destroyed by the heavy snow, so their offerings this season were pretty paltry. :~(

Places like Lowe's and Depot have the same old plants every year, IMO. Maybe one new flavor of the year but mostly stuff like hostas, Stellas, coreopsis, coneflower etc. A few years ago giant zinnias were the big thing, now nobody has them anymore. I have a bunch of nurseries that I visit every year. That's where I get the heliotrope. One year I bought heliotrope seeds on ebay and the seller included a free packet of coreopsis. You guessed it, the heliotrope didn't grow and the coreopsis is overrunning the garden!
Lowe's and Home Depot still have nice plants, especially in the Spring. I've been to fancy-pants nurseries all decked out with water fountains and music playing like the garden of Eden, they aren't always that great. They just charge a lot more.

The people who do "strict keto" do a calculation on what percentages their fat, carbs and protein should be, and with keto, fat is the largest %. Look up keto macro calculator. I do what they call lazy keto or low carb.

Fats, olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc.

We are trying to do strict keto,I want to lose weight,and have normal sugar,she is trying to lose weight for a knee replacement in October!

We are trying to do strict keto,I want to lose weight,and have normal sugar,she is trying to lose weight for a knee replacement in October!

I bought pecan oil to use because I mostly eat healthy fats. Flax Oil is another good one.

Then you will need to calculate the macros you need, percentages of each food group and track everything you eat. You can find keto calculators on the web.

Lowe's and Home Depot still have nice plants, especially in the Spring. I've been to fancy-pants nurseries all decked out with water fountains and music playing like the garden of Eden, they aren't always that great. They just charge a lot more.

My point was about the variety of Lowe's and HD's plants, not the quality.

Isn't that how it always works though? The first year I planted some red seed pots. that didn't do especially well. Apparently I missed a few at harvest because a couple came up last year. This year that whole half of the bed was filled with them! Mr. Owl said "Doesn't it annoy you when the volunteers do better than the stuff you planted?" Yes, honey, it does. lol

We don't have much choice in plant nurseries here. There is only one. Last winter some of its greenhouse were collapsed and destroyed by the heavy snow, so their offerings this season were pretty paltry. :~(

I hear ya about volunteers. About four years ago I bought one grape tomato plant. Now every year I have grape tomatoes up the wazoo. This year I pulled out all the seedlings but one and that survivor is producing tomatoes like wildfire.

I think it fears me lol.

I hear ya about volunteers. About four years ago I bought one grape tomato plant. Now every year I have grape tomatoes up the wazoo. This year I pulled out all the seedlings but one and that survivor is producing tomatoes like wildfire.

I think it fears me lol.

LOL! Those things are crazy! When she moved to Vermont, my gardening daughter gave me a huge trash bag full of compost she had created. I spread it all over a new garden in the front. Tomatoes started coming up. I pulled them up. More came up. Finally I let one live just to see what it would do. You guessed it -- grape tomatoes! They did better in that bed than the ones growing in the carefully-prepared veggie bed in the back yard. lol

Not the brightest of auroras last night, but definitely energetic -- look at that red!

ndUVzZE.jpg

Wow, is that common this time of year??? I would love to see it one day...

The aurora does seem to occur more often around the equinoxes. That being said we're in solar minimum right now so the geomagnetic activity is mostly pretty low. This is the first halfway decent shot at it we've had for almost a year! Looking forward to the next solar maximum!

Back