Amazon Tavern

There are cheese chips with zero carbs but they are expensive. Brands are called Whisps and Parmesan Crisps but I think they are easy to make in the oven. I've bought some and have them for a snack. You can also have things like beef jerky and slim jims. It is very limited but you do get used to it. Good for you for your perseverance. It will pay off in spades.

My middle daughter makes her own kale chips. If anyone wants the recipe I'll get it for you.

My middle daughter makes her own kale chips. If anyone wants the recipe I'll get it for you.

I make my own as well.:) I usually do them when I roast my almonds. Same time & temp......

My adult kids love it.. They will eat a whole tub of it along w/ the almonds

I don't know,it was hard enough to find one with low carb,but probably.

Oh, I was asking about the jerky. Good lean stuff but terrible for sodium, usually. Perky Jerky makes a very good turkey jerky product.

Speaking of jerky, does anyone have a good way to soften it up when it gets hard? Jerky, that is, just jerky. Nothing else. lol

MMMmmmm! How do you make your kale chips?

Basic- pull leaves away from thick inner vein. Rub w/ olive oil-thin coating. Sprinkle w/ garlic powder. NO SALT. They come out naturally w/ a hint of salty flavor naturally.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & spread them on a cookie sheet (I use an aluminum pizza tray) for exactly 15 mins (some ovens can run hotter so you might wannna check 13-14 till you see how it runs.... (Should look about the color of seaweed)

Take them out exactly/immediately or it will get charcoaly.. (can vary if the curly leaves are not thoroughly dried-I use organic & only give a light sprinkle if need be-dirt from the field or something-but that is rare)

I put them in the frig in a big bowl w/ almonds which I roast @ the same time & temp but nothing on them. Some of the roasted garlic & olive oil gets on them so it is slightly flavored I guess.

Oh, I was asking about the jerky. Good lean stuff but terrible for sodium, usually. Perky Jerky makes a very good turkey jerky product.

Speaking of jerky, does anyone have a good way to soften it up when it gets hard? Jerky, that is, just jerky. Nothing else. lol

So was I a lot of jerky has added sugar.

Basic- pull leaves away from thick inner vein. Rub w/ olive oil-thin coating. Sprinkle w/ garlic powder. NO SALT. They come out naturally w/ a hint of salty flavor naturally.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & spread them on a cookie sheet (I use an aluminum pizza tray) for exactly 15 mins (some ovens can run hotter so you might wannna check 13-14 till you see how it runs.... (Should look about the color of seaweed)

Take them out exactly/immediately or it will get charcoaly.. (can vary if the curly leaves are not thoroughly dried-I use organic & only give a light sprinkle if need be-dirt from the field or something-but that is rare)

I put them in the frig in a big bowl w/ almonds which I roast @ the same time & temp but nothing on them. Some of the roasted garlic & olive oil gets on them so it is slightly flavored I guess.

I want to try that. Sounds like they would satisfy my burning desire for salty crunchy snacks w/o the calories from frying and from carbs. Do they need to be refrigerated after you make them?

I want to try that. Sounds like they would satisfy my burning desire for salty crunchy snacks w/o the calories from frying and from carbs. Do they need to be refrigerated after you make them?

no, but I do... I dunno if the humidity is a factor but an air tight container should do it

What a lovely dawn this morning! Hope you FL guys are okay down there.

i3XZx8a.jpg

awesome... Green is from Argon in the upper atmosphere or solar wind??

It's the charged plasma/particles from the solar wind interacting with the oxygen in the atmosphere that causes the green. Collisions with oxygen molecules can also cause that gorgeous red, depending on how energetic the storm is. Sometimes you see magenta or blue; that's from nitrogen. The blue ones are relatively rare. I actually caught one though, back in May!

3vuE2g8.jpg

It's the charged plasma/particles from the solar wind interacting with the oxygen in the atmosphere that causes the green. Collisions with oxygen molecules can also cause that gorgeous red, depending on how energetic the storm is. Sometimes you see magenta or blue; that's from nitrogen. The blue ones are relatively rare. I actually caught one though, back in May!

3vuE2g8.jpg

Interesting..... Hopefully I will see them myself.thnx

Back