Amazon Tavern

LOL, I have seen some picts of one that looks very similar except it is read & they say very deadly...
Lots of ppl have died eating the pretty lil thing??

I guess so. They're considered hallucinogenic so you just know ppl gonna eat that thing. lol

Yeah, it comes in a red variant too. I don't know enough about them to know if that's a genetic thing (separate species) or more to do with the conditions of the soil where they are. We have the beautiful red ones as well. Here's a young one, cap not opened yet:

dra7e7X.jpg

I guess so. They're considered hallucinogenic so you just know ppl gonna eat that thing. lol

Yeah, it comes in a red variant too. I don't know enough about them to know if that's a genetic thing (separate species) or more to do with the conditions of the soil where they are. We have the beautiful red ones as well. Here's a young one, cap not opened yet:

dra7e7X.jpg

Back in the 70's,I would get those Magic Mushrooms.Never laughed so much in my life.

dra7e7X.jpg

Back in the 70's,I would get those Magic Mushrooms.Never laughed so much in my life.

I only did them once, back in the 70's. I found myself totally unable to speak in coherent sentences. I decided to just roll with it.

I only did them once, back in the 70's. I found myself totally unable to speak in coherent sentences. I decided to just roll with it.

Mescaline?! -- back in h.s. my best friend and I dabbled a bit. Yeah, laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. Time slowed down to the point where it was probable that we would live forever. It was the first time I was invited to have dinner with her family. Her dad told her later that they would invite me back because I was so funny. He was a Lutheran minister. If only they knew. lol

Mescaline?! -- back in h.s. my best friend and I dabbled a bit. Yeah, laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. Time slowed down to the point where it was probable that we would live forever. It was the first time I was invited to have dinner with her family. Her dad told her later that they would invite me back because I was so funny. He was a Lutheran minister. If only they knew. lol

Mescaline is a cactus not a mushroom

dra7e7X.jpg

That is a hallucinogenic?? You eating it??

That is a hallucinogenic?? You eating it??

It is indeed a hallucinogenic shroom... and no... it still lives in the forest! It is really interesting though when I hike past these same shrooms a few days later, how many bites are taken out of them by our forest brothers and sisters. Sometimes they are completely gone!

It is indeed a hallucinogenic shroom... and no... it still lives in the forest! It is really interesting though when I hike past these same shrooms a few days later, how many bites are taken out of them by our forest brothers and sisters. Sometimes they are completely gone!

The two legged forest dwellers??

Calling Mason. Calling Mason.
USFREEDOM911 is begging to be allowed to enter the Amazon Tavern for civil discussion. Please tell him SOMETHING so he'll get off my back. (maybe a Probationary Period?)

USFREEDOM911 is begging to be allowed to enter the Amazon Tavern for civil discussion. Please tell him SOMETHING so he'll get off my back. (maybe a Probationary Period?)

Go away and fight with your whore-wife elsewhere. <kisses>

You guys are getting along.:) :hand:

I second that.. IMHO he is a pretty decent guy, has his moments as do we all.....:thup:

Pretty sure that they are our four-leg relations.

So these critters are catching a buzz or hallucinating??:laugh::laugh:

I have seen lots of fungus of many types, don't recall bites out of them.

Including this tasty looking fried bread look
IMG-20190831-092312.jpg

If you click on these it will enlarge & you can see the texture-ran across this about 8,000+ ft in the Sierra carson pass area

Including this tasty looking fried bread look
IMG-20190831-092312.jpg

If you click on these it will enlarge & you can see the texture-ran across this about 8,000+ ft in the Sierra carson pass area

I heard that mushrooms that grow on wood are poisonous.

That's awesome looking! It's also amazing to think that fungus grow even way up there.

Not all fungus on wood is bad -- oysters grow on wood, and so does chicken-of-the-woods (Laetiporus sulphureus).

Back