Amazon Tavern

I heard that mushrooms that grow on wood are poisonous.

Yes, I have heard that as well. Never heard of anyone eating it..

That one was pretty odd, as our entire group walked right past that & didn't notice it...

It kinda looks like something nibbled it, but when I looked close it seems to have broken off by touch or just dry rot.:dunno:

That's awesome looking! It's also amazing to think that fungus grow even way up there.

Not all fungus on wood is bad -- oysters grow on wood, and so does chicken-of-the-woods (Laetiporus sulphureus).

Yes, it is close to the top of the tree line (9,000ft aprox here) & my first glance was a big piece of bread, like a large hamburger bun or Middle Eastern flat bread of some type........

chx of the woods?? Sounds tasty..:rolleyes: Is it?? lol

Yes, it is close to the top of the tree line (9,000ft aprox here) & my first glance was a big piece of bread, like a large hamburger bun or Middle Eastern flat bread of some type........

chx of the woods?? Sounds tasty..:rolleyes: Is it?? lol

I'd have to see the underside but it looks like an aged member of the boletus sp. Some of those are definitely edible! When fresh they often look exactly like a hamburger bun.

I'd have to see the underside but it looks like an aged member of the boletus sp. Some of those are definitely edible! When fresh they often look exactly like a hamburger bun.

I didn't want to disturb it so I didn't get a pict of the bottom but perhaps you can see it from the side angle here..

Almost looks like a/c evaporator coilNote: if you click on the pict it will take you to source & you can enlarge it more..

I didn't want to disturb it so I didn't get a pict of the bottom but perhaps you can see it from the side angle here..

Almost looks like a/c evaporator coilNote: if you click on the pict it will take you to source & you can enlarge it more..

Nope, not a boletus; your guy has gills. Boletes are polypores. The underside is porous and kind of resembles a fine sponge.

B. edulis. Typical appearance. This one is edible too.

hHunNT8.jpg

Jack: "Should President Trump resign".
Owl: "I voted no."
Jack: You know Kellyanne, (shaking head) this does NOT surprise me. (SAD)

Have you been drinking Toxic's favorite beverage again? What are you babbling about? BTW, this is a no-politics zone, little boy.

Back