Amazon Tavern

Ok you got me. :(

Heheheheheh.

uba2pBC.jpg

Going to make meatloaf today.
2 lbs of hamburger,1 lb of ground turkey
4 eggs,a few crushed crackers,lots of mushrooms,onions,peppers,garlic,cooking soy sauce,a few red pepper flakes,Himalayan pink salt
and pepper.oh and celery!

I'm fixing pork cutlets, latkes (potato pancakes), applesauce, carrots with ginger, and chocolate cake for this evening's feast.

Who's watching the Super Bowl tonight, anyone?

I'm thinking of putting Heinz 57 sauce on top,I should have bought some bacon and put that on top.

:whoa:Yuck, I loathe that Heinz stuff. I mix up catsup, basil, Worcestershire sauce, and granulated garlic and pour that over about halfway through the baking time. Mr. Owl hates onions, green peppers and other additives so he gets a separate meatloaf with jalapenos and taco sauce on top. He doesn't know about the teeny tiny bits of chopped carrot in there, so shhhh. lol

The other day a little goldfinch smacked into one of the windows and went *plop* in the snow by the front door. Brought him in and put him in the hospital box by the woodstove. He was pretty concussed. We didn't think he would make it. But after an overnight stay he was perky and alert again. We let him go back to his family yesterday morning.

XOwvCtG.jpg

:hand:

How far out does it freeze?? Any prob w/ Canadian thugs & murders walking over to freedumb & free stuff????

Hahahaha... or a rugged trapper with a cute French accent? lol

In really cold winters up to 90% of the lake freezes over. Typical winters I think it's 60-70%.

:whoa:Yuck, I loathe that Heinz stuff. I mix up catsup, basil, Worcestershire sauce, and granulated garlic and pour that over about halfway through the baking time. Mr. Owl hates onions, green peppers and other additives so he gets a separate meatloaf with jalapenos and taco sauce on top. He doesn't know about the teeny tiny bits of chopped carrot in there, so shhhh. lol

I like the flavor of Heinz 57,especially on chicken.

Hahahaha... or a rugged trapper with a cute French accent? lol

In really cold winters up to 90% of the lake freezes over. Typical winters I think it's 60-70%.

lol...

Wow, that is still a huge ice expanse...

Ppl driving out on it??

Personally I stay off frozen lakes most of the time...

We had a sheet of ice on everything this morning.
C cancelled her rehab today,she didn't want to risk walking on ice.

Yea, ice can be a killer, &/or get your own blood all over your clothes in less than a second..

I use YakTrax on ice, work great.. Used them on Tuesday going up some icy trail steps... Was trying to avoid spending a min to put them on but the icy trail leaned towards a creek 50+ feet below & I thought it would be real stupid to slide down there w/ them in my pocket..lol

lol...

Wow, that is still a huge ice expanse...

Ppl driving out on it??

Personally I stay off frozen lakes most of the time...

I have not seen or heard of anyone driving on it here, but over in Bayfield WI they drive out to Madeline Island (the largest of the Apostle Islands in AI National Park) in the winter. The shore ice here is jumbled and blocky. People do walk out on it even though the Coast Guard is always saying not to.

Mostly they drive on the inland lakes, especially to do ice fishing. Unfortunately this year several trucks and snowmobiles were lost because it's been too warm and snowy for some of the lakes to freeze over to the right depth.

I have not seen or heard of anyone driving on it here, but over in Bayfield WI they drive out to Madeline Island (the largest of the Apostle Islands in AI National Park) in the winter. The shore ice here is jumbled and blocky. People do walk out on it even though the Coast Guard is always saying not to.

Mostly they drive on the inland lakes, especially to do ice fishing. Unfortunately this year several trucks and snowmobiles were lost because it's been too warm and snowy for some of the lakes to freeze over to the right depth.

Crazy.......... I was up @ a lake a couple weeks ago & a guy drove his snow mobile out on it... They fished & hung-out... We were thinking that was nuts, 800lbs of snow mobile & @ least as much in over weight tourist huddling around the hole..

Crazy.......... I was up @ a lake a couple weeks ago & a guy drove his snow mobile out on it... They fished & hung-out... We were thinking that was nuts, 800lbs of snow mobile & @ least as much in over weight tourist huddling around the hole..

Geeze, glad they didn't fall in. We lose a few that way every year here. The other big winter killer here isn't what you'd think -- snow, cold, car accidents. It's snowmobiles vs. trees. Guess what? The tree wins every round.

Yea, ice can be a killer, &/or get your own blood all over your clothes in less than a second..

I use YakTrax on ice, work great.. Used them on Tuesday going up some icy trail steps... Was trying to avoid spending a min to put them on but the icy trail leaned towards a creek 50+ feet below & I thought it would be real stupid to slide down there w/ them in my pocket..lol

No way she was going on ice with a new knee!

Geeze, glad they didn't fall in. We lose a few that way every year here. The other big winter killer here isn't what you'd think -- snow, cold, car accidents. It's snowmobiles vs. trees. Guess what? The tree wins every round.

Oh, I could see that....... The lighting on them is poor from what I have seen & zooming around @ 50+ MPH gives lil time to stop when a big one jumps out in front of you.......

In Iowa they drive on the sides of the two lane "highways" keeping up w/ traffic or faster, @ night... Death wish...

Back