Amazon Tavern

Speaking of Walmart, we've been avoiding that place since January. Tonight they had an interview with a retired county sheriff who said he won't go in there anymore either after he saw that half the ppl were not wearing masks.

And in other news, our governor opened up the bars and restaurants in Michigan beginning Friday, but ONLY up here and in the Traverse City area (where Jade lives). One more reason to avoid town at peak times... here come the downstate tourists and their cooties.

What a great birthday present they gave me. I was going to get some takeout but I'm not going near restaurants when they open up with all the fucktards around.

What a great birthday present they gave me. I was going to get some takeout but I'm not going near restaurants when they open up with all the fucktards around.

Same here. I'm happy for them and hope that they do well, but not for me. We've been getting carry-out when we go into town. We take along some plates and utensils and napkins and have us picnics down by the Lake or up on the "look-out" at the Meijer parking lot. It sits up way high so you can see a 180-degree panorama of the Lake and the local islands from there, and share with the seagulls. :~)

Good for you, as you should :hand:
They did not bill me but I would not hesitate to have my credit card company deny it.......

I'm not sure what advantage there is to Prime right now anyways; shipping is taking up to a week even with it. I get a student discount of 50%.

One program they have that I really like, because I read a lot, is Kindle Unlimited. A lot of best-selling authors are signing up to "loan" out their books for free, along with the usual indie authors. I'm friends with a couple of indie authors; they said KU works great for them too -- they get more for their books when the customer borrows them than they were getting when they sold them outright.

I'm not sure what advantage there is to Prime right now anyways; shipping is taking up to a week even with it. I get a student discount of 50%.

One program they have that I really like, because I read a lot, is Kindle Unlimited. A lot of best-selling authors are signing up to "loan" out their books for free, along with the usual indie authors. I'm friends with a couple of indie authors; they said KU works great for them too -- they get more for their books when the customer borrows them than they were getting when they sold them outright.

Prime is fine if you're buy enough!

Good morning! :laugh:

What a lovely stretch of beautiful weather we've been having. Here, have this dawn! Wish it was possible to include sound with still photos; the bird song in May is beautiful.

jTIoeNI.jpg

Good morning! :laugh:

What a lovely stretch of beautiful weather we've been having. Here, have this dawn! Wish it was possible to include sound with still photos; the bird song in May is beautiful.

jTIoeNI.jpg

We were supposed to have high 80's about now,according to last weeks forecasting.
But we haven't hit 70 ,and rain every day

We were supposed to have high 80's about now,according to last weeks forecasting.
But we haven't hit 70 ,and rain every day

You guys have been stuck inside a lingering cut-off low pressure system. My daughter who lives in Illinois has been fussing about the rainy, cool weather too. Big flooding in downstate Michigan. Ohio, too. But the good news is all that rain on OH will wash the dog crap out of the junk-filled backyard. :laugh:

You guys have been stuck inside a lingering cut-off low pressure system. My daughter who lives in Illinois has been fussing about the rainy, cool weather too. Big flooding in downstate Michigan. Ohio, too. But the good news is all that rain on OH will wash the dog crap out of the junk-filled backyard. :laugh:

Noah's flood couldn't flood all that dogshit out of the Hovel!

Yes, if I was interested that & their other entertainment it would, but I'm not......

Only need to go over $25 to get the free shipping & it is usually 3-5 days.......... I can live w/ that...:)

Yes, if I was interested that & their other entertainment it would, but I'm not......

Only need to go over $25 to get the free shipping & it is usually 3-5 days.......... I can live w/ that...:)

It's still $25? I though that they had raised it.

WOW.... looks like someone is wondering who ate all the bird seed.....lol

I had a handful of seeds in my hand because I always feed my furry lil chipmunk buddies when I go out. I yelled at Mr. Bruin and threw the seeds at him, and he just started eating them! Definitely no fear of humans at all. I'll talk to the DNR on Tuesday and see if they want to do anything about relocating him since he's not shy at all. We have thousands of campers and tourists heading up here; dozens of camps are just below us closer to the Lake. He could be a real danger to campers, and might end up being shot. :~(

Back