Amazon Tavern

Thank you....:)

Going to be hot 100 or so

Oh yuck. It's pretty sticky here today. It got up to 82F (with matching humidity), but the Lake Superior Swamp Cooler just kicked on and now it's dropped to 74F with a lovely cool breeze off the Lake. It's been super dry here though. Hoping that none of the summer ppl decide to indulge in fireworks tonight!

Oh yuck. It's pretty sticky here today. It got up to 82F (with matching humidity), but the Lake Superior Swamp Cooler just kicked on and now it's dropped to 74F with a lovely cool breeze off the Lake. It's been super dry here though. Hoping that none of the summer ppl decide to indulge in fireworks tonight!

... We have 20% humidity, 1:30PM & already cracking 97.... We'll be higher than the 99 predicted I am sure...

It was down to mid 50's last night but by the time I opened up it was 59 so the house is fairly cool for now........ We'll see if I get up to 80... 80, breeze & dry is doable but we have not had much time to acclimate week ago we were topping out in the low 70's w/ westerly winds (from the cold ocean 70 miles away)

... We have 20% humidity, 1:30PM & already cracking 97.... We'll be higher than the 99 predicted I am sure...

It was down to mid 50's last night but by the time I opened up it was 59 so the house is fairly cool for now........ We'll see if I get up to 80... 80, breeze & dry is doable but we have not had much time to acclimate week ago we were topping out in the low 70's w/ westerly winds (from the cold ocean 70 miles away)

The dry is a whole lot more bearable than what we've had today!

BTW when we were gone today Mr. Bear came back. He knocked the windchimes off the deck and knocked over the grill. We take the bird feeders in at night and when we're gone. Poor bear. I'm going to see if the DNR will put out a trap for him before he ends up hurting someone or being shot as a nuisance.

BTW when we were gone today Mr. Bear came back. He knocked the windchimes off the deck and knocked over the grill. We take the bird feeders in at night and when we're gone. Poor bear. I'm going to see if the DNR will put out a trap for him before he ends up hurting someone or being shot as a nuisance.

I don't understand people living in the wilderness and don't like the animals coming around and feel they need to murder them.

I don't understand people living in the wilderness and don't like the animals coming around and feel they need to murder them.

I know. I'd rather they relocate this cutie pie to a more remote area where he won't bother ppl and end up dead. He has no fear of people at all, which can make him a danger especially to pets or kids.

The one in danger is him from people!
He's just being a bear in his neighborhood

Not really. He's become habituated to human homes and has no fear of us. Other bears we've had around here have run for the hills when they saw a person; not this guy.

Trapping them causes no harm to them and saves their lives. We won't shoot him unless he attacks, but others see a bear and are terrified even if he isn't aggressive.

Not really. He's become habituated to human homes and has no fear of us. Other bears we've had around here have run for the hills when they saw a person; not this guy.

Trapping them causes no harm to them and saves their lives. We won't shoot him unless he attacks, but others see a bear and are terrified even if he isn't aggressive.

If your neighbors are scared of animals,they should move back to the city

Good idea, some rambo wannbe will shot him..

82 must be nice compared to that! It doesn't usually get that hot there, does it?
Last year was unusually hot and early on. Hopefully it won't be as brutal this year. It's only 82 because it's raining. Seasonally it would be in the high 80s or 90ish. Still, nothing is worse than at or near 100. :(

Last year was unusually hot and early on. Hopefully it won't be as brutal this year. It's only 82 because it's raining. Seasonally it would be in the high 80s or 90ish. Still, nothing is worse than at or near 100. :(

Ugh, for real. I can just see your electric meter whirling around going "Wheeee! Wheeee!" lol

Ugh, for real. I can just see your electric meter whirling around going "Wheeee! Wheeee!" lol

They do time of day here where holidays, weekends & evenings are the lowest rate- between 5PM 8PM is the peak rate....... It gets spread out more starting next month as everyone is running their A/C more..

They do time of day here where holidays, weekends & evenings are the lowest rate- between 5PM 8PM is the peak rate....... It gets spread out more starting next month as everyone is running their A/C more..

It finally cooled off here. We've had a string of lovely days, interspersed with much-welcome rain. Hope you're having an excellent weekend!

Back