Amazon Tavern

It's a bit different growing in the north. It's still in the low forties today.

Wow, that might work starting them indoors..

I grow a garden every year but in Northern Calif.... I stopped growing turnips/collards etc as we can get the 80's occasionally in early Feb & they bolt to seed making them very bitter..

I grow bok choi, pok choi(Chinese mustard-mild) guy lan & winter melon as well.... I don't know if I have ever tried Chinese celery.. What does it taste like??

Wow, that might work starting them indoors..

I grow a garden every year but in Northern Calif.... I stopped growing turnips/collards etc as we can get the 80's occasionally in early Feb & they bolt to seed making them very bitter..

I grow bok choi, pok choi(Chinese mustard-mild) guy lan & winter melon as well.... I don't know if I have ever tried Chinese celery.. What does it taste like??

It's supposed to be basically celery, with a more concentrated flavor. It's apparently a stir-fry standard to some. https://www.specialtyproduce.com/produce/Chinese_Celery_966.php

Last edited:
Bok Choy is usually called Chinese celery

Bok Choy is Chinese Broccoli..... It is in the cabbage family.. Some call gai lan Chinese broccoli as well or Chinese kale, although it is much closer to broc IMHO..

Chinese Long Bean is also very good, it is also called Asparagus bean as it has a similar flavor.......

Grows very easy, like blue lake green beans..
Beans-asparagus.jpg

Here, Chinese cabbage is called Napa.. In China & Korea it is the favorite..
NapaCabbage_000007916299.jpg
It grows well in colder regions & is more tender than cannonball cabbage..

I've never used it much. How's it cook up? Say if I wanted to try it for my favorite cabbage dish, cabbage rolls.

I've never used it much. How's it cook up? Say if I wanted to try it for my favorite cabbage dish, cabbage rolls.

Very good, more tender-like you find in Kim-chee, if you have had that...

Not as good in cabbage rolls (Love them, & the Grape Leave rolls especially) it will tear to easily..

It is great in a green salad as well..

If you can find the seeds there, you should try those asparagus beans, it is quite different flavor then most reg varieties.. Is great in a tempura batter as well.. :)

We have a well known ex-Amazonian.Bringing up the committee on a thread she hides on.
I checked the ban list,she's not on it?
Why doesn't she post her opinion here like an adult,I know that would take guts.
Maybe she's working on her Prom dress.

We have a well known ex-Amazonian.Bringing up the committee on a thread she hides on.
I checked the ban list,she's not on it?
Why doesn't she post her opinion here like an adult,I know that would take guts.
Maybe she's working on her Prom dress.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Scooby's been posting it on social media all evening!

avSwrQE.jpg

Yum! All of those veggies look deelish! I can't wait to start my gardens. I can put out whatever I plant now, finally!

I see this is why we can't have nice things. Everyone was getting along until CO dragged his stinking baggage in and started flinging poo at everyone else. But he's NOT obsessed with JPP, the former Amazonites, getting revenge, ragging on Jade who wasn't even talking to him, telling other ppl what they should do, and giving out unsolicited and stupid advice along with shit-flinging.

Mason, can you put that angry monkey back in his cage? Muchas gracias.

Jade shot off his mouth,saying that if TOP came here it would because she is creepy.

Back