Amazon Tavern

You can come on up here to "The Midwest's Playground"! Our average highest high is in mid-July at 76F. It IS humid because we have a maritime climate, but it isn't the oppressive humidity of the lower midwest or the south.
I can't believe such a place exists......76 is perfect weather. We haven't hit 90 yet, I think that happens next week. But that isn't anything until it gets up into the mid-90s "with a heat index of 113". That's what I can't take.

You growing them inside the basement or something??

No, we have endless miles of forest brimming with edible shrooms of all kinds.

When we get what they call the pineapple express~warmer storms back to back coming up from Hawaii we can have huge accumulations as the high Sierra essentially forces all that high water content snow to fall.. On radar it looks like a river of moister for thousands of miles..

I've heard that term .... wow! You are on the coast side of the mountains?

You get snow drifts there than can be quite high??[/QUOTE]

Yep. Our house on March 1st of this year. I can walk under the deck with no problem.... it's 7 ft high.

udDRVDh.jpg

You get snow drifts there than can be quite high??

Yep. Our house on March 1st of this year. I can walk under the deck with no problem.... it's 7 ft high.

udDRVDh.jpg

Beautiful

I can't believe such a place exists......76 is perfect weather. We haven't hit 90 yet, I think that happens next week. But that isn't anything until it gets up into the mid-90s "with a heat index of 113". That's what I can't take.

Yea, I couldn't take that any more either.... As you mentioned the other day, our heat is dry.. I am close to the delta so we have from about ten-to fifteen percent humidity on average in summer up to thirty percent on the higher end.... Further you go away from here, north, south or east it gets drier & hotter~unless you go up in elevation of course..

That's even worse than St. Louis. How do you cope? Do you mostly just stay inside?

udDRVDh.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I am about 80 miles in from the ocean & the only thing between us & the ocean is the low coastal hills, a little over 1,000 ft so they don't extract a lot of moisture.. Looks beautiful & cold. :)

I never really cared for cold but when I started snow-shoeing I like it a lot, I prefer it not get over 32 for the high, but those days are over for now..

I am not big on them & would be afraid to pick wild ones.....

udDRVDh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is the lake in the background??

udDRVDh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's a gorgeous picture! We have had snow like that in inland Maine. Caribou got slammed with snow this year, but here at the coast, we didn't get as much. We did get a lot of ice down here.

That is the lake in the background??

Yes.

I was afraid of the wild mushrooms too. Took a couple of classes in ID, gathered several books, and picked the brains of the guys who sell them at the Farmer's Market. I only go after the ones that don't have close look-alikes.

That's a gorgeous picture! We have had snow like that in inland Maine. Caribou got slammed with snow this year, but here at the coast, we didn't get as much. We did get a lot of ice down here.

Thanks! Oh dear. Ice. Absolutely hate that. Hope you'll get a chance to pick up those ice cleat things before next winter.

Mother Nature loves her little jokes. Sadly we will not be celebrating Beltane/May Day today by frolicking skyclad through the fields and forests. lol

MnEUUgB.jpg

Thanks! Oh dear. Ice. Absolutely hate that. Hope you'll get a chance to pick up those ice cleat things before next winter.

Mother Nature loves her little jokes. Sadly we will not be celebrating Beltane/May Day today by frolicking skyclad through the fields and forests. lol

MnEUUgB.jpg

That's today?

MnEUUgB.jpg
Brrrrrrr, sorry

MnEUUgB.jpg

Yes, I am going to pick them up so that I can be ready for the winter ice this year. LOL! No, I guess no frolicking today! That would be too cold! :eek:

Back