Amazon Tavern

My Dad was a food salesman ,so we had lots of boxes of samples,lot of lobster tails,shrimp,but not those other things.

What?? DAMN! That's so unfair! My dad was a chemist for Monsanto. He brought home icky yard chemicals, RoundUp, and Astroturf. &*^$#@% :mad:

Those slimmy things,reminds me .......... Jack!

:) They aren't 'slimy' once you chargrill them. They're usually cooked on the half-shell, but if they have to ship them to you, I guess these little aluminum things last (and smell) better.
They 'sauce' gives the usual bland oysters a great interesting taste.

"Ingredients:
24 oysters, freshly shucked (on the half shell)
4 sticks salted butter
2 bunches green onions, chopped fine
20 cloves fresh garlic, pureed
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped fine
3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped fine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
2 oz white wine
8 oz Romano cheese, grated
1 loaf French bread
"Acme Chargrilled Oysters
Appetizers
Recipe courtesy of Acme Oyster House"
https://louisiana.kitchenandculture.com/recipes/acme-chargrilled-oysters

Last edited:
:) They aren't 'slimy' once you chargrill them. They're usually cooked on the half-shell, but if they have to ship them to you, I guess these little aluminum things last (and smell) better.
They 'sauce' gives the usual bland oysters a great interesting taste.

"Ingredients:
24 oysters, freshly shucked (on the half shell)
4 sticks salted butter
2 bunches green onions, chopped fine
20 cloves fresh garlic, pureed
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped fine
3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped fine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
2 oz white wine
8 oz Romano cheese, grated
1 loaf French bread
"Acme Chargrilled Oysters
Appetizers
Recipe courtesy of Acme Oyster House"
https://louisiana.kitchenandculture.com/recipes/acme-chargrilled-oysters

Maybe I should try them

I like Shrimp but Not in my Chinese Food

"Ingredients

1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed (I used 31-40 count shrimp)
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
4-8 drops Sriracha Hot Sauce
1 teaspoon peanut butter
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs
6 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1/2 of a green onion, diced
and lettuce for garnish, if desired"

"Boom Boom Shrimp! Crispy shrimp get tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce. The result is utterly delicious, and addicting!"
https://drinksfeed.com/boom-boom-shrimp/

"Ingredients

1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed (I used 31-40 count shrimp)
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
4-8 drops Sriracha Hot Sauce
1 teaspoon peanut butter
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs
6 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1/2 of a green onion, diced
and lettuce for garnish, if desired"

"Boom Boom Shrimp! Crispy shrimp get tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce. The result is utterly delicious, and addicting!"
https://drinksfeed.com/boom-boom-shrimp/

I only eat Shrimp alone!
Takes over mixed with other stuff
Same with anchovies on pizza

I would go by the 'R' Rule. Try them in the Fall, Winter, Spring, NOT Summer.
One dozen, IS an appetizer. (So, you're going to need a lot more food) :)

They sound and look amazing! I hardly ever order an appetizer when we eat out because it's more like a meal unless shared by 7 other ppl. lol We went out to a lovely Italian place last night with neighbors/friends. I had salad and garlic bread and only ate a couple spoonsful of my pasta entree. But not to worry, Mr. Owl took care of it for lunch today. lol

They sound and look amazing! I hardly ever order an appetizer when we eat out because it's more like a meal unless shared by 7 other ppl. lol We went out to a lovely Italian place last night with neighbors/friends. I had salad and garlic bread and only ate a couple spoonsful of my pasta entree. But not to worry, Mr. Owl took care of it for lunch today. lol

I want to learn to make homemade pasta

I've been taking an on-line class on making these classic minjiikaawanakizin (Ojibwe split-toe moccasins). Got the first one finished, one more to assemble! We did everything from all the beadwork to sewing them together. I'm going to attach moose hide soles so I can wear them outside. They are made from smoked and brain-tan waawaashkeshiwayaan (deer skin) and are as soft as woven fabric. The smoking process helps make them water resistant. What you think?

Jm3HmX1.jpg

I've been taking an on-line class on making these classic minjiikaawanakizin (Ojibwe split-toe moccasins). Got the first one finished, one more to assemble! We did everything from all the beadwork to sewing them together. I'm going to attach moose hide soles so I can wear them outside. They are made from smoked and brain-tan waawaashkeshiwayaan (deer skin) and are as soft as woven fabric. The smoking process helps make them water resistant. What you think?

Jm3HmX1.jpg

I take size 11 1/2

Back