Amazon Tavern

At least it's not me asking. I wear a 14, extra wide. Of course I've been wearing an old 13, extra wide, but it's was always been without socks. I probably wouldn't do well in a fresh 13.

Good grief. You nswi-waawaashkeshiwayaan-nini!!! (three-deer-hide man). My friend beaded a pair of moccasins for her boss who wears size 13s. Not a little beading like mine, but completely covered. It took her months. She's going to make his wife a pair next and is grateful that she has a much smaller size. lol

OMFG. Do NOT trigger Jack by saying "feet"! Next thing you know, we'll be treated to one of his disgusting reminiscenses about that time in Saigon, shortly after the tattoo parlor, when the boys wandered into the Inn of the Bound Foot.

I like Jack creative writing!It can push the envelope,but never boring!

I've been taking an on-line class on making these classic minjiikaawanakizin (Ojibwe split-toe moccasins). Got the first one finished, one more to assemble! We did everything from all the beadwork to sewing them together. I'm going to attach moose hide soles so I can wear them outside. They are made from smoked and brain-tan waawaashkeshiwayaan (deer skin) and are as soft as woven fabric. The smoking process helps make them water resistant. What you think?

Jm3HmX1.jpg

They're absolutely beautiful! I love them!

Aw thanks! I'm so grateful to have been taught this skill. The instructor's hope is that we will teach others and keep this indigenous knowledge going into the future.

You are very welcome! That would be great if you could definitely pass that on. It's sad when things like that are lost.

It's just going with the vibe of conversation. I said the last bit,as a reflective statement, that it's not entirely true.

Jade. We are all aware of the guy that slides up to the stool next to the Hot Babe in the Bar and utters "I wear a 14, extra wide".
(Yes. This IS the Amazon Tavern ... but I did NOT think you would be that brazen) ;)

Jade. We are all aware of the guy that slides up to the stool next to the Hot Babe in the Bar and utters "I wear a 14, extra wide".
(Yes. This IS the Amazon Tavern ... but I did NOT think you would be that brazen) ;)

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me!

I was basically searching for a certain response. I wanted to see Owl say; Oh hell no, I'd be working on that one forever

I was basically searching for a certain response. I wanted to see Owl say; Oh hell no, I'd be working on that one forever

Jade: "I wanted to see Owl say; Oh hell no, I'd be working on that one forever".
Jack: Yes. Yes. I can see Owl saying something like that.

I didn't tell the Hot Babe I wore a size 12, but I showed them I could dance :cool:

Pay day tomorrow,no pool,lots of shopping and errands.
Two of the guards at the Y,keep telling us to try Express Panda.
Any one familiar?

Not very authentic, like grocery store Chinese food..

I've tried it a few times & the only thing that I liked was the orange chicken, although it was to sweet..

Back