Amazon Tavern

Pizza,and tacos too.

Actually Pizza is Italian, and Tacos are Mexican. Stuff like Hamburgers, were actually American created staples. We did create variations on stuff though, like Chicago style pizza.

Here's a few American created dishes. Gumbo, Thanksgiving turkey, hamburger, lobster roll, chili, hot brown, meatloaf, biscuits, and gravy, anything made with American buffalo meat basically.

Nothing says American food like Italin, Chinese & or course Mexican food....... Prob 60+% of the restaurants here are one or more of them..

Over in South Sacramento we have an Chinese, Italian & Vietnamese restaurant & many fusion places as well... Out in the delta is a world famous, locally, restaurant that has Mexican & Chinese & down the street we have a Thai Mexican place as well & they have a Filipino guitar player on weekends... :)

It seems hard to say one food being universal in the USA but I think there are a few, like fried chicken, burgers and fries of course, mac N cheese?? Hot Dogs? Meatloaf? Turkey............ Oh & tacos....... :)

See? We're a melting pot of food just like we are of ppl!

I think corn, particularly corn on the cob, is American. My bff from school, who is from Ukraine, said that in Europe they think of corn as animal feed. People don't eat it. Man, are they missing out! Pass me that butter please.....

Actually Pizza is Italian, and Tacos are Mexican. Stuff like Hamburgers, were actually American created staples. We did create variations on stuff though, like Chicago style pizza.

Here's a few American created dishes. Gumbo, Thanksgiving turkey, hamburger, lobster roll, chili, hot brown, meatloaf, biscuits, and gravy, anything made with American buffalo meat basically.

What is "hot brown"?

I think corn, particularly corn on the cob, is American. My bff from school, who is from Ukraine, said that in Europe they think of corn as animal feed. People don't eat it. Man, are they missing out! Pass me that butter please.....

lol, I had a fresh ear (second crop of the year) of white corn for breakfast...... cooked it in the microwave-no butter, no salt needed...

The corn they are growing is different. I was in Iowa, there the deer wouldn't eat it, & they eat anything..

They don't even pick it, they leave it to dry out in the fields & then make ethanol out of it..

There are different types of corn. Pop, sweet, ornamental (Indian), the huge stuff you get in Ecuador, and maize. The hard stuff used for maize, is basically cattle feed until you process it

Authentic Pizza is Italian,plenty of it isn't authentic(Dominos)so I wouldn't call that stuff Italian.
Same with fast food Mexican like Taco Bell!

Authentic Pizza is Italian,plenty of it isn't authentic(Dominos)so I wouldn't call that stuff Italian.
Same with fast food Mexican like Taco Bell!

WTF?? Just cause dominoes pizza taste like shit doesn't mean it aint authentic..:mad:

lol, IMHO that is the worst pizza made in America..... I have not had it in maybe 20 years, but I will never eat it again...

A cheap store brand frozen pizza is superior........ Someone should call the pizza police & start busting some heads......:)

lol, I had a fresh ear (second crop of the year) of white corn for breakfast...... cooked it in the microwave-no butter, no salt needed...

The corn they are growing is different. I was in Iowa, there the deer wouldn't eat it, & they eat anything..

They don't even pick it, they leave it to dry out in the fields & then make ethanol out of it..

Here in Corn Country,most of what's grown isn't sweet corn,but industrial corn.
But for about three weeks,the Sweet Corn homegrown around here is amazing!Last years,was the best ever!

They probably don't grow sweet corn!Ya never had real great corn,till you have sweet corn homegrown from corn country!
We have corn fields miles long!

Here in Corn Country,most of what's grown isn't sweet corn,but industrial corn.
But for about three weeks,the Sweet Corn homegrown around here is amazing!Last years,was the best ever!
Awesome, fresh picked is always the best.

I have grown it in my backyard a few times..

I think most here in Calif is sweet corn but IMHO they grow to much white corn, which is usually sweet/sweeter than yellow but does not have that good corn flavor you get in yellow corn..

Do any animals, wild or domestic eat that corn??

I think most here in Calif is sweet corn but IMHO they grow to much white corn, which is usually sweet/sweeter than yellow but does not have that good corn flavor you get in yellow corn..

We get a lot of bi-color half yellow half white corn.

WTF?? Just cause dominoes pizza taste like shit doesn't mean it aint authentic..:mad:

lol, IMHO that is the worst pizza made in America..... I have not had it in maybe 20 years, but I will never eat it again...

A cheap store brand frozen pizza is superior........ Someone should call the pizza police & start busting some heads......:)
LOL. I never liked Dominos either.

We have a farmer come in the Y pool,he has a little woods by his fields,he always leaves three or four rows by the woods for the deer.

Back