Amazon Tavern

Perhaps. I'm not as terrified of a non-venomous snake, you can tell those by the shape of the head. The ones with an arrowhead/triangular shape are the poisonous ones. I saw a snake the other day slithering through some red mulch and it was copper colored with a pattern and I panicked thinking it was a copperhead, but the head was small and narrow. I looked it up and it was a corn snake.

My biggest fear is a moccasin, which is very common around here.

Moccasins are not just venomous but super aggressive as well! You guys also have coral snakes down there, right?

Yuck! What do you think of this guy?

jdb4ock.jpg

That's my foot, by a banana slug, in Sitka. Harmless but pretty icky. He leaves a slime trailer bigger than SheWhoMustNotBeNamed's. lol

Ewww. I wouldn't pick it up with my bare hands. I can handle worms and grubs but not slugs or caterpillars!

Perhaps. I'm not as terrified of a non-venomous snake, you can tell those by the shape of the head. The ones with an arrowhead/triangular shape are the poisonous ones. I saw a snake the other day slithering through some red mulch and it was copper colored with a pattern and I panicked thinking it was a copperhead, but the head was small and narrow. I looked it up and it was a corn snake.

My biggest fear is a moccasin, which is very common around here.

Michigan's only worry is the massasauga rattlesnake. It's rare, because it's endangered. Of course I think we have water snakes, that's bite can often go septic.

Michigan's only worry is the massasauga rattlesnake. It's rare, because it's endangered. Of course I think we have water snakes, that's bite can often go septic.
I *think* snakes hibernate when it's cold and come out when it warms up. So you probably don't have to deal with them quite as long.

Yes, we do but I've never seen one, thankfully. Water moccasins are aggressive and very scary!

We got chased by one at my sister's house years ago. She had a small lake with a floating swim dock. We had been out swimming then got out and sat on the dock to dry. It came out of the reeds towards the dock, swimming fast, so we retreated back to the shore. No matter where we went, it followed us! Finally my b.i.l. shot it with a .22. Never saw a snake act like that. We were glad the kids had already gone back in the house.

I *think* snakes hibernate when it's cold and come out when it warms up. So you probably don't have to deal with them quite as long.

They mostly live in the wetlands. Of course we live about two miles from a wetland preserve, and across the the lake, where it turns into the river, is swamp.

I sometimes wonder if the often female snake aversion, has Biblical standings. The serpent is the form the devil took, when he tempted Eve. I have a slight aversion to snakes, if they are poisonous. The little snake would just slither around me harmlessly, in the flower garden. It loved the place for shade.
Yet Genesis says nothing to connect the devil to the serpent. That came much later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yet Genesis says nothing to connect the devil to the serpent. That came much later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's not like I'm a purist in Christianity anyway. Quite frankly I care little about a lot that's in the Bible. My faith comes from my life, and all that I've seen. I know the Noah thing isn't quite what they think. It wasn't two of every animal in the world, You'd need something bigger then the size of a Star Destroyer to fit them all. You have to realize perspective from those writing, and what their view of the world is. In those days the only world you knew, was what was around you. If Noah happened it was likely two of every Animal around where he was.

What is the deal,with moths and light?

That is a good question! I think they like the light just simply because they're assholes. Where else do you put the outside light but next to the damned door? I swear they know that I hate them because they also seem to think my head is a convenient landing strip. :barf:

That is a good question! I think they like the light just simply because they're assholes. Where else do you put the outside light but next to the damned door? I swear they know that I hate them because they also seem to think my head is a convenient landing strip. :barf:

I wonder what they do all day?

Back