Amazon Tavern

We had Major Astro and Blinky the Clown. Do you remember Kukla, Fran and Ollie? Sherri Lewis and Lamb Chops? Romper Room?
We had those, plus the already mentioned Sheriff John, and Captain Kangaroo and Bozo the clown. Then there were the PBS shows, like Sesame Street.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We had those, plus the already mentioned Sheriff John, and Captain Kangaroo and Bozo the clown. Then there were the PBS shows, like Sesame Street.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I remember Bozo and Capt. Kangaroo, but not Sheriff John. I was too old for Sesame Street when it debuted, but watched it with my children. Electric Co. was also a great show on PBS

I remember Bozo and Capt. Kangaroo, but not Sheriff John. I was too old for Sesame Street when it debuted, but watched it with my children. Electric Co. was also a great show on PBS

I loved watching Electric Company with my kids when they were little. Did you know that Tom Lehrer wrote some of the songs?

In the SF bay area in the AM they had "romper room", which I think was a local production & in the afternoon they Captain Satellite, which really just showed mostly old cartoons..

So raise your hand if you ever sat in front of the TV on Saturday morning with a bowl of cereal, watching Loony Tunes? lol

I gravitated towards Scooby Doo and Johnny Quest.
For some reason I also got hooked on those weird vintage Japanese cartoons as well....Go Speedracer!

For some reason I also got hooked on those weird vintage Japanese cartoons as well....Go Speedracer!

Oh, you're a young 'un. Did you like He-Man and She-Ra too? My oldest kids liked those cartoons. And Speedracer too. And Transformers.

I loved Johnny Quest! Scooby Doo was good, too. I remember Speedracer and watched it as well. My brother loved it.

Back