Amazon Tavern

Hahahaha.... I saw a picture of those palmetto bugs. Holy geebers, no thanks!

Palmetto bugs are a way of life in the south. I have an exterminator who sprays monthly. Every once in a while we will find a dead one. I have been in million dollar homes with servants and seen one run across the room so no one is exempt.

Palmetto bugs are a way of life in the south. I have an exterminator who sprays monthly. Every once in a while we will find a dead one. I have been in million dollar homes with servants and seen one run across the room so no one is exempt.

Blech! In Missouri we had things ppl called "wood roaches" that were much bigger than the regular disgusting smaller ones, and usually outside. They came out at night in the summer and were attracted to lights. I wonder if they are related to your palmetto bugs? *shudder*

Blech! In Missouri we had things ppl called "wood roaches" that were much bigger than the regular disgusting smaller ones, and usually outside. They came out at night in the summer and were attracted to lights. I wonder if they are related to your palmetto bugs? *shudder*

They are both types of cockroaches according to Orkin.

Look at this cool bird, called a Harpy Eagle....

62514122_2384737175117386_93503237625217024_n.jpg

We had a busy day. Took the neighbors out for breakfast early this morning, then helped with packing, then had a nap because moving is hard. lol We are sure gonna miss them. They're moving to S. Dakota to be closer to their son who is a Border Patrol agent at the Wyoming-Canada border. It's not *real* close but six hours' drive is better than 18!

Got some of the planters for the deck finished this afternoon, till the potting soil supply ran out. Meanwhile, Mr. Owl carved up some more logs which we'll split tomorrow.

Best of all, adopted Grumpy's roast-beef-in-the-smoker recipe. Smoked it for an hour. Now it's in the crockpot with carrots and potatoes. Smells like a BBQ place in here!

Hope all you dads out there were properly honored and revered this day.

We had a busy day. Took the neighbors out for breakfast early this morning, then helped with packing, then had a nap because moving is hard. lol We are sure gonna miss them. They're moving to S. Dakota to be closer to their son who is a Border Patrol agent at the Wyoming-Canada border. It's not *real* close but six hours' drive is better than 18!

Got some of the planters for the deck finished this afternoon, till the potting soil supply ran out. Meanwhile, Mr. Owl carved up some more logs which we'll split tomorrow.

Best of all, adopted Grumpy's roast-beef-in-the-smoker recipe. Smoked it for an hour. Now it's in the crockpot with carrots and potatoes. Smells like a BBQ place in here!

Hope all you dads out there were properly honored and revered this day.

he will be keeping us safe from those Canadians.:)

Back