Amazon Tavern

he will be keeping us safe from those Canadians.:)

Heh, that's what I told him at breakfast. He had come to help his parents load the truck and get stuff done. He keeps getting posted back to the southern border for 30-day stints though. He said it's a disastrous mess down there. He said that the cartels are using children as mules; they often see the same kids over and over. He also said that many ppl are pretty sick when they are coming to the border -- influenza, measles, mumps, chicken pox, diarrheal diseases, etc. One of his friends spent half of his 30-day posting in the hospital. It sounds terrifying and horrible. He has to go back again for another 30 days in August. Nice kid, I hope he stays healthy and safe.

Heh, that's what I told him at breakfast. He had come to help his parents load the truck and get stuff done. He keeps getting posted back to the southern border for 30-day stints though. He said it's a disastrous mess down there. He said that the cartels are using children as mules; they often see the same kids over and over. He also said that many ppl are pretty sick when they are coming to the border -- influenza, measles, mumps, chicken pox, diarrheal diseases, etc. One of his friends spent half of his 30-day posting in the hospital. It sounds terrifying and horrible. He has to go back again for another 30 days in August. Nice kid, I hope he stays healthy and safe.

Yep, hope he stays healthy & safe.....

Yep, hope he stays healthy & safe.....

For sure. We're sad that they're moving away, but now we have an excuse to go visit that part of the country. They're building a house just outside the Black Hills National Forest, and fairly close to Mount Rushmore.

We had a busy day. Took the neighbors out for breakfast early this morning, then helped with packing, then had a nap because moving is hard. lol We are sure gonna miss them. They're moving to S. Dakota to be closer to their son who is a Border Patrol agent at the Wyoming-Canada border. It's not *real* close but six hours' drive is better than 18!

Got some of the planters for the deck finished this afternoon, till the potting soil supply ran out. Meanwhile, Mr. Owl carved up some more logs which we'll split tomorrow.

Best of all, adopted Grumpy's roast-beef-in-the-smoker recipe. Smoked it for an hour. Now it's in the crockpot with carrots and potatoes. Smells like a BBQ place in here!

Hope all you dads out there were properly honored and revered this day.

How did the smoked roast come out? Hope it was tasty and tender.

How did the smoked roast come out? Hope it was tasty and tender.

Oh man, was it ever! Mr. Owl commanded that I must make it the same way hereverafter. Even when it's -20F and blizzarding out. lol He even liked the carrots that I threw in the crockpot with it. The leftovers will make super BBQ sammiches too.

Oh man, was it ever! Mr. Owl commanded that I must make it the same way hereverafter. Even when it's -20F and blizzarding out. lol He even liked the carrots that I threw in the crockpot with it. The leftovers will make super BBQ sammiches too.

Great I am very happy my recipe worked as well for you as it does for us.

Who uses essential oils?
I have been trying a number,since quiting Ativan.
Really like Lavender,Valerian and Chamomile,just ordered Lemongrass

I need a new flavor!
Been eating same stuff,same places.
Sometimes you just want a whole new flavor!
Oh wait!
Fostoria's rebuilt McDonald's reopens tomorrow:palm:

Back