American woman reveals the 23 reasons why British are better than Americans

I seriously doubt anyone in the world has the food scene the U.S. Does simply because no nation has the scope of agriculture we do combined with our entrepreneurial capacity. We have it all in mind numbing variety from cheap peasant food and corporate plastic to Haute Cuisine of Michelin quality to the freshest of seasonal farm products and everything in between. That and we're not tied into any culinary traditions.

Wait, you eat tires?!!?

Says the mancub that's never been outside of the USA. We have more varieties of cheeses, beers, cakes, chocolates, pastries, sausages, pies and confectionery that just about anywhere on Earth.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/british-food-is-better-than-american-food

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, I will probably live British cuisine whenever I make it out there. But, I'm a guy who could live on pub food. This is one of those arguments where you don't want me on your side, because my palate is garbage.

I am currently reading, 'White Trash' and what is often forgotten is how much our nation was defined by the British, both as place for business to exploit nature and people, but also as a place to dump the waste, in this case people waste. Interesting book read it.

You think people are trash?

I seriously doubt anyone in the world has the food scene the U.S. Does simply because no nation has the scope of agriculture we do combined with our entrepreneurial capacity. We have it all in mind numbing variety from cheap peasant food and corporate plastic to Haute Cuisine of Michelin quality to the freshest of seasonal farm products and everything in between. That and we're not tied into any culinary traditions.
Mott, you're a good bloke but hopelessly naive. Get your arse over here and stop being so jingoistic.

You're in London?? Nice mix...

I have a friend that "had" a restaurant that served several of those, it closed but was called nine doors in reference to the nine country cuisines he offered..

Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Malay, Indian, Korean, can't recall the others.:(

No I don't live in London, I live in Yorkshire. You would find similar choice if you went to Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and a dozen or more cities in England. My sons live in London and the choice there is truly mind blowing, but can be very expensive. The latest fashion appears to Indian street food or chola, I guarantee that you lot have never heard of it!

Last edited:
California? That explains everything right there.

Yes you live in the land of grits, biscuits, gravy and donuts, a cuisine to truly brag about. No wonder heart disease is so prevalent in the US.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I will probably live British cuisine whenever I make it out there. But, I'm a guy who could live on pub food. This is one of those arguments where you don't want me on your side, because my palate is garbage.
One of the more recent phenomena is the so called gastro-pub. There are a huge number of those around now, some even have Michelin stars.

Last edited:
Yes you live in the land of grits, biscuits, gravy and donuts, a cuisine to truly brag about. No wonder heart disease is so prevalent in the US.

You will have less choices once obama puts you in the back of the line! Be prepared for a diet of catfood!

No I don't live in London, I live in Yorkshire. You would find similar choice if you went to Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and a dozen or more cities in England. My sons live in London and the choice there is truly mind blowing, but can be very expensive. The latest fashion appears to Indian street food or chola, I guarantee that you lot have never heard of it!

I my daughter has mentioned it...

One of her favorite foods is Mexican & that seemed to be seriously lacking in Lincolnshire & surrounding area.

She liked the Indian choices..

I my daughter has mentioned it...

One of her favorite foods is Mexican & that seemed to be seriously lacking in Lincolnshire & surrounding area.

She liked the Indian choices..
There is a Tacky Bell just down the road from me, not that I'd ever go there. There are also a couple of Mexican restaurants but any number of tapas bars which are a damn sight better.

Funny, or not, both of our countries have bragging rights for great food- that's not native...:)

Personally I don't go out and eat "American"...

I prefer small mom and pop places..

We have four afghan restaurants and one afghan-Greek place I'm going to later..

Back