Anyone from coastal NC,SC, GA area?

MY two adult children live in the Charleston Area. EvacPlanA has been implemented. Looks like I'm having house guests, plus an extra dog and two cats.

Tell them to stay right where they are, they'll be fine. Good surf the day of the hurricane too, don't want to miss that, make sure to bring the kids.

As I said earlier, you have a level head. I cannot speak for Amazon but hey, anything is worth a try! lol!

Oh everybody is freaked out for no reason. It will be very rainy and very windy at worst. Odds are since it is forecast to come at us, it will shift between now and then and whack some place that isn't as prepared. The reality is if you don't already own a chainsaw, you probably need not be running one TBH.

Wow, I can't imagine anywhere else we could have gotten "advice" that profound.

I have even better advice for you. Camp out on the outer banks of North Carolina and take pictures of the storm coming ashore. I'm sure National Geographic will pay well for the pics. Please take this advice and show us what a fucking bad ass you are.

My sister and one of her sons lives there, they are leaving town tomorrow.

Good. My long-time "bird friend" lives on a barrier island off the coast of SC. She's going to try to ride it out. She has a parrot rescue and has 30+ large birds -- macaws, cockatoos, etc. If Florence changes direction though she will have to try to get them all loaded up and off the island. Fortunately she has some close-by friends to help.

Hope they are wrong about the strength and direction of this thing.

My wife put together a group text between her (in the Piedmont) me (mountains for the week), and the four young adults that are evacuating the low country. My daughter's BF (originally from Wisconsin) just texted "Everyone here is saying that Boone is not safe to evac to"

My response was "stop talking to dumbasses"

The low point in Boone is somewhere around 3000 feet. It has developed a reputation for flooding, not from hurricane surge, but because the creek that runs through the commercial district was buried in pipes back in the day, and the parking lots that have spring up flood. Dumbasses let their kids wade in the water, and then they get sucked into the creek and get sliced up or drowned when they hit a pipe at 15 mph.

Good. My long-time "bird friend" lives on a barrier island off the coast of SC. She's going to try to ride it out. She has a parrot rescue and has 30+ large birds -- macaws, cockatoos, etc. If Florence changes direction though she will have to try to get them all loaded up and off the island. Fortunately she has some close-by friends to help.

Hope they are wrong about the strength and direction of this thing.
Me, too

I have even better advice for you. Camp out on the outer banks of North Carolina and take pictures of the storm coming ashore. I'm sure National Geographic will pay well for the pics. Please take this advice and show us what a fucking bad ass you are.

Were you under the impression you matter?

Back