Anyone from coastal NC,SC, GA area?

Were you under the impression you matter?

TzRtHho.jpg

Harvesting what I can from garden while I still have one. Spooky quiet outside. Think the birds are already heading out of dodge.

Harvesting what I can from garden while I still have one. Spooky quiet outside. Think the birds are already heading out of dodge.

Same kind of thing happens at sea. Marine life just vanishes. Even the Storm Petrels disappear. Be careful.

My wife put together a group text between her (in the Piedmont) me (mountains for the week), and the four young adults that are evacuating the low country. My daughter's BF (originally from Wisconsin) just texted "Everyone here is saying that Boone is not safe to evac to"

My response was "stop talking to dumbasses"

The low point in Boone is somewhere around 3000 feet. It has developed a reputation for flooding, not from hurricane surge, but because the creek that runs through the commercial district was buried in pipes back in the day, and the parking lots that have spring up flood. Dumbasses let their kids wade in the water, and then they get sucked into the creek and get sliced up or drowned when they hit a pipe at 15 mph.

It makes me happy that your family will all be crowded in a flood prone area. :)

Wipe out a whole colony at once.

It makes me happy that your family will all be crowded in a flood prone area. :)

Wipe out a whole colony at once.

I don't live in Boone. My mountain home is at a much higher elevation. The water I drink is pure, and my shit runs downhill towards yours.

Oh everybody is freaked out for no reason. It will be very rainy and very windy at worst. Odds are since it is forecast to come at us, it will shift between now and then and whack some place that isn't as prepared. The reality is if you don't already own a chainsaw, you probably need not be running one TBH.

Where are you?

The path has changed since yesterday. Instead of a near miss, current projection has it coming straight at me. FML. Time to make some decisions.....

Oh no! Do you have a place to go? Pets you need to bring along? You can come stay up here with us. We never get 'canes. lol

Back