Anyone Here Utilize Cash Back Credit Cards?

Well, I've never missed one payment in my life.

Neither did any of those that claims to do what you do until they did. If you're using the card with a future payment deadline, the possibility will always exists. Whether or not it happens is irrelevant. That it can is.

Neither did any of those that claims to do what you do until they did. If you're using the card with a future payment deadline, the possibility will always exists. Whether or not it happens is irrelevant. That it can is.

Lol. I know how to budget. I'm not going to break the bank filling my gas tank or buying groceries. These are necessary purchases I'd make regardless. I also put certain bills (phone bill, car insurance, etc) on my cash back credit cards and then pay them off immediately.

If you don't trust yourself to not spend that money (that WOULD have gone to those expenses anyway) for the 2-3 days it takes to post to your credit card account, then you must be very irresponsible with money.

Lol. I know how to budget. I'm not going to break the bank filling my gas tank or buying groceries. These are necessary purchases I'd make regardless. I also put certain (phone bill, car insurance, etc) on my cash back credit cards and then pay them off immediately.

If you don't trust yourself to not spend that money (that WOULD have gone to those expenses anyway) for the 2-3 days it takes to post to your credit card account, then you must be very irresponsible with money.

Let's see. I pay cash for everything I buy which means I have to have the cash to do that. How is that irresponsible?

If I can do immediately what you say you when purchases post and you consider yourself responsible, how is it irresponsible for me to use cash? Aren't we doing that same thing just at different times?

The POSSIBILITY still exists for you regardless of how well you claim to budget. It doesn't exist for me.

Let's see. I pay cash for everything I buy which means I have to have the cash to do that. How is that irresponsible?

If I can do immediately what you say you when purchases post and you consider yourself responsible, how is it irresponsible for me to use cash? Aren't we doing that same thing just at different times?

The POSSIBILITY still exists for you regardless of how well you claim to budget. It doesn't exist for me.

I didn't call you irresponsible. I said that someone who spends cash designated for a certain expense on something else is irresponsible.

The difference between you and me is that I get back cash by using credit cards.

I didn't call you irresponsible. I said that someone who spends cash designated for a certain expense on something else is irresponsible.

The difference between you and me is that I get back cash by using credit cards.

"then you must be very irresponsible with your money".

The difference is things can happen where you won't be able to pay it off and that won't happen with me.

More who you are buying from.
Few employees have such authority.

It depends on where you're buying. A lot of what I buy is building materials from building supply locations not Lowes or Home Depot.. They have tiered pricing depending on the customers. When I pay with cash, I get decent discounts that are greater than the cash back I'd get with one of the cards.

I don't think any of us on this site are young enough to still be paying mortgages and car loans anymore. Political boards are typically loaded with people who are old enough to have paid their homes off.

don't kid yourself......half the JPP lib'ruls are still renting......

I actually had a client just last week ask me if the title office would accept $100,000 in cash as part of the purchase price of a house.......they said no.........

Maybe so. I've always assumed that mortgages and car payments were for ages 50 and below, but maybe lefties are on a different program.

hard to say......had my first mortgage when I bought my first house.....refinanced it to start a business.....refinanced again to buy out a partner.......new mortgage on second house.......refinanced to buy a rental house.......refinanced again to pay off kid's student loans........have about $7k balance now.......thinking about refinancing to buy a car since rates are sub 3% on refinances....

hard to say......had my first mortgage when I bought my first house.....refinanced it to start a business.....refinanced again to buy out a partner.......new mortgage on second house.......refinanced to buy a rental house.......refinanced again to pay off kid's student loans........have about $7k balance now.......thinking about refinancing to buy a car since rates are sub 3% on refinances....

I think Auto Loans are at 2%.

Agreed on the percentage back. Car dealerships and other large purchases consider a CC to be the same as cash since since no credit application is necessary.

After I work the deal then I try to put as much on the card as they'll go w/...

Usually they'll go along w/ a decent chunk & then I just pay cash on the rest.....

Back