Anyone Here Utilize Cash Back Credit Cards?

my citibank card pays 1% when I charge and another 1% when I pay......before Gretch the Wretch closed the courts I used it for all my filing fees, running $10-$20k month through the card......

:thup:

I use a chase, credit union & an Amazon card for my Amazon purchases.... I also pay all my bills w/ them.

I put everything (w/ few exceptions) on a card & pay it off @ the end of the month..

If you believe that actually happened, you're a bigger fool than originally thought.

He doesn't live far from you. I notice you never threaten him...............

You know you'd get your ass nailed & feed to gators & pieced out for alligator gar bait.......:laugh:

Go to a new car dealer with cash in your pocket. Take their best offer and slice off 10% and show him the cash. See what happens.
But anyplace with a cashier, forget it.

I don't discuss how I will pay until the price is confirmed-out the door..

W my credit union & costco as well have buying plans where they work deals w/ local dealers/fleet sales.........

I start w/ that price & work from there.... There are many dealers in this area & I don't care if I have to go 50+ miles to pick it up.......

The possibility that something could happen where you couldn't pay off the card exists for you but not for me.

The last car I bought paying cash got me far more off the price than that.

What type POS car did you buy for $15,000?

You don't know that.

You really should save your strawman for another thread......

It appears many of us have been doing this for many years...........

Just weasel away, you really have said you use cash, we don't care-get back under your rock & enjoy your life.........

He doesn't live far from you. I notice you never threaten him...............

You know you'd get your ass nailed & feed to gators & pieced out for alligator gar bait.......:laugh:

He's welcome any time he thinks he's man enough. So are you. I don't recall seeing either of you.

I start w/ that price & work from there.... There are many dealers in this area & I don't care if I have to go 50+ miles to pick it up.......

the F150 I currently drive I bought through a craigslist ad from a private owner in Ohio.......about 200 miles......it had low mileage.......only used by a retired schoolteacher to pick up sheep of low moral values for her son......

It depends on where you're buying. A lot of what I buy is building materials from building supply locations not Lowes or Home Depot.. They have tiered pricing depending on the customers. When I pay with cash, I get decent discounts that are greater than the cash back I'd get with one of the cards.

As you yourself note, this is accomodated but its a very narrow view.
Try it at CVS or Walmart and you will get a vacant stare.

As you yourself note, this is accomodated but its a very narrow view.
Try it at CVS or Walmart and you will get a vacant stare.

What I buy at places like CVS or Walmart doesn't add up to a lot nor would the cash back amount to very much. However, when you buy $10,000 or more worth of lumber several times a year and get a cash discount, it does.

the F150 I currently drive I bought through a craigslist ad from a private owner in Ohio.......about 200 miles......it had low mileage.......only used by a retired schoolteacher to pick up sheep of low moral values for her son......

:laugh:

& here I took you for a beamer or Lexis guy............. :laugh:

Nice try but a weak excuse. I'm far smarter than you and can spot your kind easily.

You're not smarter than me. Maybe you need reading comprehension classes.

Here's what I wrote:

If you don't trust yourself to not spend that money (that WOULD have gone to those expenses anyway) for the 2-3 days it takes to post to your credit card account, then you must be very irresponsible with money.

I wasn't accusing you of being irresponsible with money. I was using "you" in a general sense.

You're not smarter than me. Maybe you need reading comprehension classes.

Here's what I wrote:

I wasn't accusing you of being irresponsible with money. I was using "you" in a general sense.

Was I included in that general "you" that you claim you meant?

Most people who own pickup trucks don't need to. If you're a contractor, a van is superior in that it offers more space and greater protection against thieves.

Why do you think it's your place to determine what someone you don't know needs or doesn't need?

I can carry 18' long boards in my truck. I can't do that in a van that isn't even 18' long.

As far as protection, rest assured I have it.

Go to a new car dealer with cash in your pocket. Take their best offer and slice off 10% and show him the cash. See what happens.

What is going to happen is the dealer will file form 8300 with the IRS which will then lead to the IRS investigating your use of such a large amount of cash for financial transactions.

What I buy at places like CVS or Walmart doesn't add up to a lot nor would the cash back amount to very much. However, when you buy $10,000 or more worth of lumber several times a year and get a cash discount, it does.

Are they giving you a cash discount or a quantity discount? Those are 2 different things. Quantity discount will save you more than a cash discount. They must love you if they only have to give you the cash discount.

Frankly, if you are buying that much you would be better off opening an account with the lumberyard and negotiating a discounted price for everything. Then depending on the business they might give you an additional 2% discount for payment within 10 days. Actually, if you are buying that amount of lumber, you would be better off not buying from a lumberyard but instead opening an account with a lumber distributor. Cash isn't king when it comes to business, accounts are.

Once again, if you are paying $10,000 with actual cash then they are reporting your payment to the IRS if they are following the law.

Are they giving you a cash discount or a quantity discount? Those are 2 different things. Quantity discount will save you more than a cash discount. They must love you if they only have to give you the cash discount.

Frankly, if you are buying that much you would be better off opening an account with the lumberyard and negotiating a discounted price for everything. Then depending on the business they might give you an additional 2% discount for payment within 10 days. Actually, if you are buying that amount of lumber, you would be better off not buying from a lumberyard but instead opening an account with a lumber distributor. Cash isn't king when it comes to business, accounts are.

Once again, if you are paying $10,000 with actual cash then they are reporting your payment to the IRS if they are following the law.

Both. If I buy a dozen 2x4x104 5/8" pre cut studs, I don't get a volume discount but they give me a better price for cash. The quantity discounts don't usually apply to small orders.

Paying cash is a discounted price. Cash is king when you can pay the bill, get the same price as what you're saying with an account, and you don't have to concern yourself with having to keep up with paying later.

Do you consider a check the same as actual $100 bills? The money is there to back it up when it's written and not having it would mean they could report me to the police for knowingly writing bad checks.

Back