Are you scientifically literate? Take our quiz

Yeah, looks like you cannot accept the fact that many people are a hell of a lot smarter than you. It's too much of a shot for your ego to take.

You remind me of the kid that sat behind me in chemistry class back in high school. I would usually only show up for class 1 day a week. Friday, because it was test day. And I would ace every test in about 5 or 10 minutes. He would show up every day, study like hell and still only got Cs and Ds on the tests. Then accuse me of cheating simply because, like you, he couldn't accept the fact that people like me are a lot smarter than people like you.
I base my response on that the majority of your posts you come off as a semi-literate moron so it beggars credulity that you would ace this little quiz without googling the answers. I believe Kane's (Billy) honesty far more than I do yours.

Well one of the questions requires that you know that f=ma and another that p=mv, not everybody knows that.
I did at one point in time but physics was never a great love of mine in the sciences. I was far more into biology and chemistry. I took one year of physics in high school and one year intro physics in college. I took 1 year of chemistry in high school and three years of chemistry in college and I took three one year biology classes (biology, AP biology & anatomy/physiology) in high school and I majored in biology/life sciences in college/grad school. So I didn't miss a single life science or chemistry question but I only got about half the physics questions correct.

Yeah, I never took many physics classes, but study enough ballistics and you get enough knowledge (it's also useful in industry). But biology....fuck that shit.

I've always found these “post your results” things very strange. I mean, if you take the test and get a pretty poor score, how many people are going to post it? You might as well post “Hi, everybody. I scored 4 out of 50. Should I change my name to The Fucking Gimp now or wait a couple of days?”? What they'll do is post a score that they think is 'respectable', perhaps something in the 40 range?

Then you'll get the odd fellow who storms the top end of the scale - 49 or 50. Your genuine genius clomping about in their best clogs chuckling at the elementary errors in Steven Hawking's latest paper. Of course, if you post that score many people will simply think “there's no way he/she's done better than me” and accuse them of making it up. So maybe, they lower their score in a show of modesty. Maybe somewhere in the 40 range?

Of course some people will actually post their correct scores (providing they didn't do too badly (i.e. somewhere outside the 40 range). Other people will then assume they have just inflated/reduced their scores.

The last group, an altogether smaller group, generally lacking in all self-awareness, will simply claim they achieved the highest of all scores, probably quicker than anybody else whilst being pleasured by a Brazilian supermodel in their solid gold house.

So, whatever you post, genuine or not, nobody is going to believe it anyway.

LOL Apparently!

Did you google any of the answers?

No not at all. This quiz seriously proved to me my long-time theory about some of the guys here, sorry. You guys all think you are so smart and talk about how you're "scientists". Then one of you puts up this "science quiz" and I discover that as I long suspected, you overrate yourselves and underrate everyone else. I mean, first off, multiple choice, huge advantage to anyone with a brain. Then the fact that some of them were nothing more than trivia questions. And how about, how old is the earth...and only one of the answers is in the billions!! LMAO Oh yeah, need a big time scientist to know that! Newton's first law? Come on are you guys serious? Half of that was grade school shit.

I do apologize because I really did not know that this quiz was actually a measure of manhood and I seem to have sent some people off the rails. I'm just a girl. But yep, I did graduate the 8th grade!

Last edited:
No not at all. This quiz seriously proved to me my long-time theory about some of the guys here, sorry. You guys all think you are so smart and talk about how you're "scientists". Then one of you puts up this "science quiz" and I discover that as I long suspected, you overrate yourselves and underrate everyone else. I mean, first off, multiple choice, huge advantage to anyone with a brain. Then the fact that some of them were nothing more than trivia questions. And how about, how old is the earth...and only one of the answers is in the billions!! LMAO Oh yeah, need a big time scientist to know that! Newton's first law? Come on are you guys serious? Half of that was grade school shit.

I do apologize because I really did not know that this quiz was actually a measure of manhood and I seem to have sent some people off the rails. I'm just a girl. But yep, I did graduate the 8th grade!

Not even your best buddy Grind believes you, I doubt that you did much physics at the womens' madrassa.

On the age of the earth question... Didn't you know God only made the earth something like 8000 years ago? (sarcasm alert!)

I've always found these “post your results” things very strange. I mean, if you take the test and get a pretty poor score, how many people are going to post it? You might as well post “Hi, everybody. I scored 4 out of 50. Should I change my name to The Fucking Gimp now or wait a couple of days?”? What they'll do is post a score that they think is 'respectable', perhaps something in the 40 range?

Then you'll get the odd fellow who storms the top end of the scale - 49 or 50. Your genuine genius clomping about in their best clogs chuckling at the elementary errors in Steven Hawking's latest paper. Of course, if you post that score many people will simply think “there's no way he/she's done better than me” and accuse them of making it up. So maybe, they lower their score in a show of modesty. Maybe somewhere in the 40 range?

Of course some people will actually post their correct scores (providing they didn't do too badly (i.e. somewhere outside the 40 range). Other people will then assume they have just inflated/reduced their scores.

The last group, an altogether smaller group, generally lacking in all self-awareness, will simply claim they achieved the highest of all scores, probably quicker than anybody else whilst being pleasured by a Brazilian supermodel in their solid gold house.

So, whatever you post, genuine or not, nobody is going to believe it anyway.
Oh yea Charver? Well mines bigger!!!

You are certainly a woman of many talents!! :good4u:

Back