Avengers

OMG we are all such geeks! LOL

I can't believe SF likes Buffy!

Hmmm... Superfreak says 'I prefer intelligent, strong willed, athletic women'...

Darla shocked SF likes Buffy...

further proof that Darla is not the sharpest tool in the shed

Hmmm... Superfreak says 'I prefer intelligent, strong willed, athletic women'...

Darla shocked SF likes Buffy...

further proof that Darla is not the sharpest tool in the shed

Oh you were serious? I thought you just PM'd me that, along with that questionable picture, because I had just said I was drunk.

broke the office record for opening weekend.

I don't usually like comicbook movies. Last year x-men first class was rated like an 8.5/10 on imdb (for anyone not familiar with imdb, anything above an 8 is usually awesome, and even mid 7's are good. There are no movies ranked 9 or 10).

I was bored, so I went to go see it. It was mediocre to blah. But all the fanboys were raving about it.

And that's what you have to take away from this. Fanboys have absolute nerdgasm's over movies like this, and it massively inflates it's public standing.

I swore to myself last year, I said "grind, next year there is going to be another comic book movie, and it's going to get majorly overhyped, DO NOT SEE IT. DO NOT. GO. NO MATTER WHAT, YOU WONT LIKE IT"

But once again, everyone is now saying "oh, well I don't usually like comic book movies, but this looks AWESOME"

Maybe this time, it actually is the "Actually good" elusive comic book/superhero movie. Peer pressure/boredom/and advertising will likely trick me into seeing a decent, albiet massively overrated film, again, against my better judgement.
Well I was going to go see it until you gave it a "meh" on the Grindometer. In that case I'll wait till it comes out on video. I'm just glad you didn't give it a "this is cool!" rating or I wouldn't even bother.

Thanks. I am kind of in between. I liked the first X-Men and Wolverine, but Thor, Capt America and Hulk kinda were the blah.
I haven't seen Captain America either. I thought the first Ironman was blah and the second one was better. I thought Ang Lee production of the Hulk was horrible. He completely didn't get it. Thor was also kinda middlin but for excapist movies I thought they all were fun. I mean their comic book movies......one should not have unrealistic expectations! LOL

I haven't seen Captain America either. I thought the first Ironman was blah and the second one was better. I thought Ang Lee production of the Hulk was horrible. He completely didn't get it. Thor was also kinda middlin but for excapist movies I thought they all were fun. I mean their comic book movies......one should not have unrealistic expectations! LOL

Yeah, the second Ironman was better than the first. Ang Lee should never be allowed near another comic book to movie project. You are right though, they are comic book movies... they are not supposed to be masterpieces.

thanks... I will likely end up seeing it in the theater, just got to wait for the fanatics to get done so that I don't have to wait in a f'in line
Yea me too. I'm going to drag my wifes ass to the theatre to watch it with me just to get even for all those dramas and romantic comedies she's made me suffer through. Makes me wish there was another Dirty Harry movie coming out.

the grindometer is actually very strict. I end up only liking probably 1 or 2 movies a year.
I don't care that much about movies. It's not that important to me. I just want to get my $10 worth. Though I haven't seen a movie yet that's worth payin $8 for a bucket of popcorn. If it's at least worth the price of a ticket that's good enough for me. :)

Yea me too. I'm going to drag my wifes ass to the theatre to watch it with me just to get even for all those dramas and romantic comedies she's made me suffer through. Makes me wish there was another Dirty Harry movie coming out.

I think you and my hubby would be good friends, Dirty Harry is really old, they would need to do, Dirty Harry, Jr.

I think you and my hubby would be good friends, Dirty Harry is really old, they would need to do, Dirty Harry, Jr.
NO Way. As long as Harry has his .44 magnum they could roll his grey haired ass out in a wheelchair and there would be a few less punks to trouble people in San Francisco hangin around. I even got a good name for it. Dirty Harry...Hospice Force!

Back