Avengers

LMAO... just watched Serenity last night...

OMG man, you will LOVE the Avengers...it's filled with typical Whendonisms!

The Hulk has THREE very specific scenes that will have you cheering!

And you should also check out Whedon's Cabin in the Woods...it is the funniest Horror movie I've ever seen...even funnier than Evil Dead II.

OMG man, you will LOVE the Avengers...it's filled with typical Whendonisms!

The Hulk has THREE very specific scenes that will have you cheering!

And you should also check out Whedon's Cabin in the Woods...it is the funniest Horror movie I've ever seen...even funnier than Evil Dead II.

cool, thanks... I will check them both out.

Did you see Alan Tudyk in Dollhouse? He was so freaking awesome. his character could not possibly be more different than Wash.

Haven't seen that yet, but God Bless DVD's...one day I will.

I love Tudyk in Dodgeball...Steve the pirate...Yaaahrr!

If you like Tudyk, go check out a preview for "Tucker & Dale vs. Evil".

broke the office record for opening weekend.

I don't usually like comicbook movies. Last year x-men first class was rated like an 8.5/10 on imdb (for anyone not familiar with imdb, anything above an 8 is usually awesome, and even mid 7's are good. There are no movies ranked 9 or 10).

I was bored, so I went to go see it. It was mediocre to blah. But all the fanboys were raving about it.

And that's what you have to take away from this. Fanboys have absolute nerdgasm's over movies like this, and it massively inflates it's public standing.

I swore to myself last year, I said "grind, next year there is going to be another comic book movie, and it's going to get majorly overhyped, DO NOT SEE IT. DO NOT. GO. NO MATTER WHAT, YOU WONT LIKE IT"

But once again, everyone is now saying "oh, well I don't usually like comic book movies, but this looks AWESOME"

Maybe this time, it actually is the "Actually good" elusive comic book/superhero movie. Peer pressure/boredom/and advertising will likely trick me into seeing a decent, albiet massively overrated film, again, against my better judgement.

You need to go see The Hunger Games.

ok this might piss some people off, but the hunger games isn't some chick movie right? For whatever reason I keep hearing how a lot of girls liked it

ok this might piss some people off, but the hunger games isn't some chick movie right? For whatever reason I keep hearing how a lot of girls liked it

It has moments like that, yes. But it's very downplayed. My wife almost slapped me for getting too....emotional....in the theater. I was nearly screaming in encouragement, which I haven't done since V for Vendetta.

If you want an alternative to Hunger Games or you want more violence, there's a J-Horror film called Battle Royale that has almost exactly the same plot.

"The Place: Japan. The Time: The not-so-distant-future. Faced with the prospect of losing control over the nation's young people, a totalitarian government decides upon a ruthless demonstration of power. The Battle Royale Act annually sends a randomly-selected class of high school students to an uninhabited island where they are compelled to kill each other until only one of their number survives."

You get more deaths and the added benefit of having many of the "contestants" being nubile schoolgirls wearing skimpy Catholic School outfits.

Can't wait to see The Avengers. Especially Scarlett Johansson.

BTW, speaking of other coming attractions like Snow White and the Huntsman. Please, no one see Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter when it comes out. I want that movie to bomb horribly so that Hollywood never attempts to do anything this stupid ever again. I won't even be going to see it for free, which I can do, because I have a friend who works in the business.

Can't wait to see The Avengers. Especially Scarlett Johansson.

BTW, speaking of other coming attractions like Snow White and the Huntsman. Please, no one see Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter when it comes out. I want that movie to bomb horribly so that Hollywood never attempts to do anything this stupid ever again. I won't even be going to see it for free, which I can do, because I have a friend who works in the business.

Well, I WAS planning on seeing it, based solely on how stupid it was going to be (think Springtime for Hitler).

Back