Awesome interview by Harris!

Anyone with half a brain knows that it is a lie. Of course, MAGA has always been about lies being repeated ad nauseum.

There used to be a show on t.v. about entrepreneurs who pitched to Walmart. In every case, Walmart refused the deals unless the price point was reduced. They then strongly suggested manufacturing in Walmart.

Which was why I mentioned 'entrepreneurs' in my original post.

Cutting Corners to Cut Prices: The Walmart Story

No doubt Walmart pressures their vendors and pushes for cheaper prices. The point was that they don't dictate that all manufacturers only provide Chinese products as previously quoted.

Is the result the same? Yes. Still, it's a matter of who is making the decision.

FWIW, one reason Walmart is putting so much pressure on their vendors is because Amazon is killing them. Especially in electronics. Not so much in bananas and eggs. The markup on food is much less than on electronic goods. Ergo, their profit margin is taking a hard hit.

When I was in HS and college, I worked at a pre-Walmart drugstore chain named Skaggs as a clerk/cashier/shelve stocker. It was there where I learned how much markup there was on certain products such as women's makeup and vitamins. When things go on sale, they rarely go on sale below cost. When you see something on sale for half off, that's a good idea on how much markup there was on the product. When it goes on sale for 10-20% off and never lower, that indicates less markup.

Amazon can offer lower prices because they only pay for warehouses, not a store full of workers to help customers, operate cash registers, pay for lights, A/C and rent....plus still have a warehouse staffed with workers like Walmart. Additionally, Amazon has a good market on used and refurbished goods, something Walmart doesn't do.

Joe Biden withdrew.

He put himself out to pasture.
The MAGAts are pissed and scared just like their Orange Jesus. They're angry that Biden dropped out and, possibly, had planned this all along to fuck them over. Team Crazy just spent two years planning and executing a plan to go head-to-head with Biden and, about four months before the election, Biden tells them to kiss his ass and drops out with a lateral pass to Harris. The results are obvious: Harris is winning and Trump is not only losing, but becoming crazed and incoherent causing him to lose even more.

While I doubt most former Trump supporters will switch to Harris, like the Bernie supporters in 2016, there's a good chance many of them will either stay home or vote Third Party. The result would be a Harris win in November.

trumpets lowered the expectations. The Vice President exceeded them by far.

She gave an awesome interview.

On to the debate!
Hahahahah, she had to bring an old white man along to hold her hand and be her emotional support animal for a tiny 18 minute interview. Meanwhile Trump has been sitting around for multi-hour long form interviews the last month or so.

And then we got this gem from her: “He even called for termination of the United States Supreme, the supreme land of our nation, the United States Constitution.”

Do you give lessons in how to be stupid?

You do stupidity so well...you ought to consider it.
ExLax claims to be a doctor, but never displays the acumen, maturity and demeanor of a doctor. Ergo, I think it's more likely he was a "Meth Doctor" who sampled too many of his own wares in Milam, TX.

One reason why he hates the Mexicans might be because they took over the family business. LOL

However, methamphetamine is the most dangerous drug here in East Texas.

Meth is a highly addictive stimulant that is illegal and affects your central nervous systems, according to the National Institue of Drug Abuse.

“Meth is your prime problem in the county,” said Boatie Hillhouse, Henderson County Sheriff.

While home-brewed meth labs are large safety problem, most of the drugs come straight from the border, shipped by cartels to big cities like Dallas, Houston, and Austin.

From there they spread to small cities and towns, including East Texas.

“We used to see a lot of meth labs and we don’t see them anymore,” said Hillhouse. “The cartels have taken over and lowered the price and we’re seeing a finished product.”

One example is an arrest Hillhouse made along with Tyler police, where 53-year-old Teresa Michelle Steppe of Chandler was found with possession of methamphetamine.

Steppe had half a pound of meth, which sells for $22,000 on the street.

As I said, MAGATs have no clue about economics and esp. not global economics. A pair of shoes made in America costs more than a pair of shoes made in Vietnam because labor is cheaper there, much cheaper. It has nothing to do with OSHA, the EPA (which was created by Nixon who was not a Democrat), or any of your other boogeymen.

And why is that? Do workers in China, Vietnam, wherever get overtime as required by law in the US? How about working conditions? OSHA can come in and shut down sweat shops in the US. It can come in and shut you down for all sorts of insane niggling things. The EPA says your cloth has to have zero lead content--ZERO. You have even a couple parts per billion in it, some lawyer is going to sue your company over it because they can. Not in China though...
Bet in China or Vietnam the manufacturer of something doesn't have to provide safety showers and eyewash stations, hand out PPE, or ensure that workstations and equipment meet some standard. All of that costs money and time in compliance. It all creates opportunities for lawyers to sue the company for non-compliance.

Handicap access under the ACA? Not in China or Vietnam...

That Nixon created OSHA and the EPA has nothing to do with the Democrats being the ones that piled on the new regulations after they were created and left them unchecked.

For example, just in the last 8-ish years:

The number of “significant rules”—regulations impactful enough to be overseen by the Office of Management and Budget—increased by 451 in Biden’s first 18 months, as opposed to 270 in the same period for Trump. Biden also created 142 “major rules,” which have economy-wide effects, to Trump’s 81.

That is a consistent pattern for decades. The Democrats pile on the regulations compared to Republican administrations.

Walmart, Target, etc. do have a choice where they purchase the goods that they sell. They choose to import products made in foreign countries because the profit margin for them is higher than if they bought the same stuff made here. They sell it because you and other Americans want to pay less, even if it's foreign-made, rather than pay more to patronize American companies.

There often isn't a choice. There's simply nobody left in the US willing to make some item because it is just too expensive and uncompetitive to make it here.
Rather than whining about China and outsourcing of American manufacturing, stop buying shit made elsewhere. Can't find what you want that was made in America? Then blame the legislators who allow American corporations to outsource and American corporations that are allowed to import it.

Yes, I do blame government for a lot of that, and it is primarily the Democrats that are allowing it to happen, as I demonstrated.

Biden chose not to run again, after having won last time… Your question makes no sense. Biden was too old.
Biden didn't choose not to run, he chose TO run. The politburo running the un-Democratic party decided to put him out to pasture, and that was that. Joke was no longer in the race and their backroom chosen--who gives a shit about what our rank-and-file want--replaced him.

You are correct. The laws "piled on by DEMOCRATS" protect worker, insure that children not work, exact other safety standards, and require a reasonable rate of pay...do prevent America from competing with China, Vietnam, India and such.

Fucking Democrats...caring about people. What is wrong with them?

Better to be more like the American conservatives and say, "Fuck the people."

RIGHT?
Wrong. In some cases, yes, they do and are worthwhile. But with the 'zero tolerance' mentality of government bureaucracies they usually, and frequently, go overboard on their rules making rules of near zero value that cost businesses millions upon millions a year in compliance costs. Right now, the cost of regulations per worker in the US, on average, is $12,800 a year--PER WORKER! That's $12,800 an employer can't pay their worker. It's $12,800 an employer can't use to expand their business.

Small businesses, the sort the Democrats always tell us they want to encourage and support suffer the most. Their costs can shoot up as high as $50,000 per employee. Big corporations get economy of scale benefits, so in a very real way, the Democrats are backing big corporations and The Rich by increasing regulations like they do.

So, your reducito ad absurdum argument is an irrelevant fail. It is the Democrats that are fucking the people. Sensible, common sense regulations backed by open and good science and data are necessary. ZERO TOLERANCE regulations should be extremely rare but are now becoming the normal case with government, often backed by questionable, often unavailable science and data.

trumpets lowered the expectations. The Vice President exceeded them by far.

She gave an awesome interview.

On to the debate!
....it was awesome....
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

After watching this highly edited hour-long infomercial which contained 18 minutes of edited interview, I came away wondering if Kamala realized she's been the number two person in this administration for nearly four years.

She's basically claiming she is going to fix everything she and Biden broke if elected. Did she just fall out of the sky one day and become the anointed saviour of her previous three and a half years. :rofl2:

Biden didn't choose not to run, he chose TO run. The politburo running the un-Democratic party decided to put him out to pasture, and that was that. Joke was no longer in the race and their backroom chosen--who gives a shit about what our rank-and-file want--replaced him.
He had every intention of running again until he was shown how badly his freezing in the debate hurt him. It was so obvious, even a Trumpy like you could see it.

Joe Biden chose NOT TO RUN.

You have trouble with that because Kamala Harris seems to be kicking Trumps ass...and since you have your head up his ass...that means you are getting a beating.

Wrong. In some cases, yes, they do and are worthwhile. But with the 'zero tolerance' mentality of government bureaucracies they usually, and frequently, go overboard on their rules making rules of near zero value that cost businesses millions upon millions a year in compliance costs. Right now, the cost of regulations per worker in the US, on average, is $12,800 a year--PER WORKER! That's $12,800 an employer can't pay their worker. It's $12,800 an employer can't use to expand their business.

Small businesses, the sort the Democrats always tell us they want to encourage and support suffer the most. Their costs can shoot up as high as $50,000 per employee. Big corporations get economy of scale benefits, so in a very real way, the Democrats are backing big corporations and The Rich by increasing regulations like they do.

So, your reducito ad absurdum argument is an irrelevant fail. It is the Democrats that are fucking the people. Sensible, common sense regulations backed by open and good science and data are necessary. ZERO TOLERANCE regulations should be extremely rare but are now becoming the normal case with government, often backed by questionable, often unavailable science and data.

TA...you have gotten so full of shit lately, I almost cannot remember when I thought you might be one right-winger who might have the brains to get out.

You actually cannot see that American conservatives (Republicans) are the people fucking the common person.

Oh, well...fools come in all sizes...including yours.

And why is that? Do workers in China, Vietnam, wherever get overtime as required by law in the US? How about working conditions? OSHA can come in and shut down sweat shops in the US. It can come in and shut you down for all sorts of insane niggling things. The EPA says your cloth has to have zero lead content--ZERO. You have even a couple parts per billion in it, some lawyer is going to sue your company over it because they can. Not in China though...
Bet in China or Vietnam the manufacturer of something doesn't have to provide safety showers and eyewash stations, hand out PPE, or ensure that workstations and equipment meet some standard. All of that costs money and time in compliance. It all creates opportunities for lawyers to sue the company for non-compliance.

Handicap access under the ACA? Not in China or Vietnam...

That Nixon created OSHA and the EPA has nothing to do with the Democrats being the ones that piled on the new regulations after they were created and left them unchecked.

For example, just in the last 8-ish years:

The number of “significant rules”—regulations impactful enough to be overseen by the Office of Management and Budget—increased by 451 in Biden’s first 18 months, as opposed to 270 in the same period for Trump. Biden also created 142 “major rules,” which have economy-wide effects, to Trump’s 81.

That is a consistent pattern for decades. The Democrats pile on the regulations compared to Republican administrations.

There often isn't a choice. There's simply nobody left in the US willing to make some item because it is just too expensive and uncompetitive to make it here.

Yes, I do blame government for a lot of that, and it is primarily the Democrats that are allowing it to happen, as I demonstrated.
It sounds as though you dislike and resent the protections that civilized industrialized nations put in place to protect their citizens. If these protections are so onerous, why have Republicans failed to repeal them when they had the opportunity? Answer: The American people want these laws in place.

You're not an Independent. You're an Anarchist.

TA...you have gotten so full of shit lately, I almost cannot remember when I thought you might be one right-winger who might have the brains to get out.

You actually cannot see that American conservatives (Republicans) are the people fucking the common person.

Oh, well...fools come in all sizes...including yours.
So, are you trying to say that government regulations don't have costs and consequences for the market attached to them?

Here's the simple version: The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

It sounds as though you dislike and resent the protections that civilized industrialized nations put in place to protect their citizens. If these protections are so onerous, why have Republicans failed to repeal them when they had the opportunity? Answer: The American people want these laws in place.

You're not an Independent. You're an Anarchist.
If you don't get this video, you are part of the problem.

I see it like Mike Rowe does. I'm responsible for my safety. Not OSHA, not some employer, ME. Back in June, I was putting a service panel in for a customer. The guys that came out to pull the meter and disconnect the service (I'm legally not allowed to do that), had on some leather gloves with some electrical tape over a couple of the fingers, no safety glasses, nada, zip point shit. These guys were to disconnect the service for a big corporation (Arizona Public Service APS). I stood back, didn't say a thing, and let them do what they had to do.

They did the disconnect. I wasn't particularly thrilled that the incoming service cables were hot and just covered with some electrical tape, but that's what I had to work with. I made damn sure--double damn sure--when I was taking the old panel out and putting the new panel in that I didn't nick or otherwise scrape those cables. No OSHA or safety officer present. I was responsible for my own safety. That's how it works in reality and all the government does is get in the way and keep the stupid, ignorant, lazy, and sloppy from killing themselves. They're doing nature a disservice in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back