Barney Fife

Nomad gave you a perfect example how someone (for whatever reason) could have built a reinforced brick column with four continuous length rebar inside the brick cells completely filled with concrete.
YOU ... as usual, ... show your utter lack of the capacity to THINK.

Engineers THINK ... YOU don't.

"Could have", as explained earlier, but didn't, because it would be extremely impractical.

The best engineers knows this...

I can remember when I paid $25 to take an online test to get your Texas State license to become a residential Real Estate Inspector.

I remember that I failed the test by only one question.

I was basically just trying to see if I knew enough already without having to take any coursework or prepare in any way for the test.

Anyway, had I passed the test, I would have received a State license!

Most of what was on the test was just basic common knowledge!

Licensed RE inspectors check to see if the foundation is cracked, windows and doors operate, floors are relatively level, the roof doesn't leak, and there isn't any obvious structural issues. Oh, and that the appliances work. If they have questions about the structure, they are required to report that a qualified professional be consulted.

Jack
Engineers designed the Titanic. Tradesmen built the Titanic.

Hey Grumpy.
It was a sign in an Engineering Department. It was there to put Engineers in their place, some get a little uppity at times. :)
(most Engineers get it, naturally, ... Dark Soul has no clue)

Hey Grumpy.
It was a sign in an Engineering Department. It was there to put Engineers in their place, some get a little uppity at times. :)

Hi Jack (glad we weren't on a air liner) :innocent:

Hey Grumpy.

Back in my architectural draftsman days, the company I worked for used the services of a crusty old civil and structural engineer who studied at The Citadel in South Carolina back in the 40's. He was based out of Volusia County and during his decades in the business, was said to have designed or had a hand in designing just about every bridge, highway overpass and various other infrastructure elements all across Central Florida.

I used to take a company truck and make the 45 minute drive from Orlando to DeLand where his office was located, taking along with me, a few sets of drawings I had recently completed and was in the process of submitting permit applications for, in order to have them sealed.

On the wall behind his desk were photocopies of all kinds of funny little things people would send or email him. There was one that I particularly liked. I read it so many times I still remember it word for word.

It went:

An engineer is said to be a man who knows a very lot about very little.
He continues to learn more and more about less and less until eventually, he knows everything about nothing.

An architect is said to be a man who knows very little about a very lot.
He continues to learn less and less about more and more until eventually he knows nothing about everything.

A contractor is said to be a man who starts out knowing everything about everything but ends up knowing nothing about anything due to his association with architects and engineers.

Back in my architectural draftsman days, the company I worked for used the services of a crusty old civil and structural engineer who studied at The Citadel in South Carolina back in the 40's. He was based out of Volusia County and during his decades in the business, was said to have designed or had a hand in designing just about every bridge, highway overpass and various other infrastructure elements all across Central Florida.

I used to take a company truck and make the 45 minute drive from Orlando to DeLand where his office was located, taking along with me, a few sets of drawings I had recently completed and was in the process of submitting permit applications for, in order to have them sealed.

On the wall behind his desk were photocopies of all kinds of funny little things people would send or email him. There was one that I particularly liked. I read it so many times I still remember it word for word.

It went:

An engineer is said to be a man who knows a very lot about very little.
He continues to learn more and more about less and less until eventually, he knows everything about nothing.

An architect is said to be a man who knows very little about a very lot.
He continues to learn less and less about more and more until eventually he knows nothing about everything.

A contractor is said to be a man who starts out knowing everything about everything but ends up knowing nothing about anything due to his association with architects and engineers.

hahaha ... very funny. This is what most Architects and Engineers are like, very humble and very aware. I like their Pride in creating 'Public Art', the work they do everyday, solving everyday problems.

Thanks for sharing, Nomad.

I can't help but to notice that the liberals here suddenly became quiet. None are man enough to admit being totally wrong. What small people they are.

I can't help but to notice that the liberals here suddenly became quiet. None are man enough to admit being totally wrong. What small people they are.

You must be lonely as shit if you're back in here trolling for a fight just to have someone to talk to.

Back