BCS Championship Game

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
you must be referring to the touchdown from the interception....beyond that Iowa pretty much dominated.....I guess they let the ACC into bowl games because there are so many of them and they don't have enough teams....

Iowa played a great game. But their defense was as big a part of that as their offense. And GATech's defense played well too.

Ok, so all the other bowls are history now. The only one left is the big one.

The question is who will take home the big crystal football.

My opinion? lol No one should be surprised.....

If Texas stacks the box to stop Ingram & Richardson, that will leave big holes for McElroy to find Julio Jones, Marquis Maze, Colin Peek or Darius Hanks for enough yardage to move the chains.

Bama's D will harrass McCoy all night and sack him a couple of times for big losses. They will use some of the same formations they used against Tebow to keep McCoy contained from the outside. Shipley will draw double coverage most of the night, and Mark "Robber" Barron will get at least one pick.

I predict it will be a low scoring affair, with Bama settling for field goals a few times in the first half. The second half will have Bama wearing down Texas with a couple of those 8 or 9 min drives to score.

Bama wins our 13th!

Iowa played a great game. But their defense was as big a part of that as their offense. And GATech's defense played well too.
Personally I don't think the score indicated how badly Ga Tech got beat. Iowa completely dominated on both sides of the ball. If it had not been for some turnovers it would have been a lot worse for the Jackets.

Congrats Hawks! Wish I could have been in Iowa City last night.

Ok, so all the other bowls are history now. The only one left is the big one.

The question is who will take home the big crystal football.

My opinion? lol No one should be surprised.....

If Texas stacks the box to stop Ingram & Richardson, that will leave big holes for McElroy to find Julio Jones, Marquis Maze, Colin Peek or Darius Hanks for enough yardage to move the chains.

Bama's D will harrass McCoy all night and sack him a couple of times for big losses. They will use some of the same formations they used against Tebow to keep McCoy contained from the outside. Shipley will draw double coverage most of the night, and Mark "Robber" Barron will get at least one pick.

I predict it will be a low scoring affair, with Bama settling for field goals a few times in the first half. The second half will have Bama wearing down Texas with a couple of those 8 or 9 min drives to score.

Bama wins our 13th!
I have/had bets on both the Orange Bowl and NCG. I took Iowa and the points (I don't know why Iowa was the underdog. Hell I didn't think GA Tech was even in the Hawkeyes class and that was proven last night....oh well...that was an easy 50 bucks) and I'm taking Texas and the points. Bama and Texas both match up evenly on defese but Texas has a more well rounded and versatille offense. They can both run and pass. So I'm taking Texas and the 4 points. If I lose that one...I break even.

I have/had bets on both the Orange Bowl and NCG. I took Iowa and the points (I don't know why Iowa was the underdog. Hell I didn't think GA Tech was even in the Hawkeyes class and that was proven last night....oh well...that was an easy 50 bucks) and I'm taking Texas and the points. Bama and Texas both match up evenly on defese but Texas has a more well rounded and versatille offense. They can both run and pass. So I'm taking Texas and the 4 points. If I lose that one...I break even.

Alabama's offense is way more versatile ad balanced. McCoy is an excellent passer, but the Longhorn running game is not great at all.

Colt is the winningest QB in college FB History

The Dude can not ignore that blazing fact

Never said that fact should be ignored. But even Colt has said that the Bama defense is likely the best one he will have faced in his 4 years at Texas.

Bama by 13 despite Colt the dolt

I can agree with that.

The difference between the two offenses is which is easier to stop.

Stop Colt and Texas is shut down. Stop Ingram and Richardson will run the ball. Stop the whole running game and McElroy, Julio Jones, Marquis Maze and Colin Peek will beat you with the passing game.

Alabama's offense is way more versatile ad balanced. McCoy is an excellent passer, but the Longhorn running game is not great at all.
Balanced? Maybe but Texas is definately more versatile than Bama. Both in the passing and running game. Bama definately has a superior running back in Ingrahm to anything Texas has. But Texas has 3 backs with better than 4 yds/carry. Bama has two. No one would argue that Texas has the better QB and Bama has no receiver in the class of Shipley. Jones is the best they have and Texas has 3 other recievers (other than Shipley) who are in Jones class.

Bama is gonna have to do what OSU did against the Ducks. They need to come out slinging the ball succesfully and use the pass to set up the run. Other wise Texas will crowd the line of scrimage and on the ends and shut Ingrahm down.

On the other side of the ball Bama will have to shut down Texas passing game early or Texas will do to them what they did to OSU last year and force Bamas defense to do a lot of running covering the pass, wear them out and then run the ball down their throat in the 4th qtr (something Texas is quite good at). If Bama can shut down McCoy in the first quarter, they will probably win.

Special teams will be critical for Bama too. They need to deny Texas field position. Bama is a ball control offense so that's not such a critical issue with them and Texas can score fast so time of possession won't mean much for Bama either unless they can keep Texas backed up in their own territory all night. To illustrate my point using the OSU/Oregon game again, that game would have been a total blow out except that the Ducks kept getting outstanding field position from their special teams. Bama just simply can't allow Texas to do that.

I'm looking forward to a great game tomorow.....but I'm still taking Texas and the 4 points. ;)

Balanced? Maybe but Texas is definately more versatile than Bama. Both in the passing and running game. Bama definately has a superior running back in Ingrahm to anything Texas has. But Texas has 3 backs with better than 4 yds/carry. Bama has two. No one would argue that Texas has the better QB and Bama has no receiver in the class of Shipley. Jones is the best they have and Texas has 3 other recievers (other than Shipley) who are in Jones class.

Bama is gonna have to do what OSU did against the Ducks. They need to come out slinging the ball succesfully and use the pass to set up the run. Other wise Texas will crowd the line of scrimage and on the ends and shut Ingrahm down.

On the other side of the ball Bama will have to shut down Texas passing game early or Texas will do to them what they did to OSU last year and force Bamas defense to do a lot of running covering the pass, wear them out and then run the ball down their throat in the 4th qtr (something Texas is quite good at). If Bama can shut down McCoy in the first quarter, they will probably win.

Special teams will be critical for Bama too. They need to deny Texas field position. Bama is a ball control offense so that's not such a critical issue with them and Texas can score fast so time of possession won't mean much for Bama either unless they can keep Texas backed up in their own territory all night. To illustrate my point using the OSU/Oregon game again, that game would have been a total blow out except that the Ducks kept getting outstanding field position from their special teams. Bama just simply can't allow Texas to do that.

I'm looking forward to a great game tomorow.....but I'm still taking Texas and the 4 points. ;)

Bama has two backs that are better than what Texas will put on the field. When you say Texas doesn't have a back in the same league as Ingram, that is a monumental understatement. Ingram has 1596 yards rushing. The entire Longhorn team only has 1995 yards rushing. And Colt is the #2 leading rusher on the Texas squad. Shipley has an average 12.9 yards per reception. Julio Jones, Marquis Maze, Darius Hanks and Mike McCoy all have a higher average YPR.

In order to stop Bama's running game, Texas will have to stack to box and that will leave our receivers open. Cody will clog the middle and the outside passrush will ruin outside runs.

Our special teams are top notch.

Also, Texas is a precision team, and the lay-off will not do them any good. Bama's offense will fare better after the layoff.

Bama can jump out and score quickly, and then eat the clock with long drives. The Texas ability to score quickly is mainly against lower quality defenses. They certainly couldn't do it against several of their opponents, including Nebraska.

I agree that it will be a great game.

Just as Tebow had a blowout game so will Colt. Like Tebow Colt didn't have a great conf championship game being the favorite.

Bama has two backs that are better than what Texas will put on the field. When you say Texas doesn't have a back in the same league as Ingram, that is a monumental understatement. Ingram has 1596 yards rushing. The entire Longhorn team only has 1995 yards rushing. And Colt is the #2 leading rusher on the Texas squad. Shipley has an average 12.9 yards per reception. Julio Jones, Marquis Maze, Darius Hanks and Mike McCoy all have a higher average YPR.

In order to stop Bama's running game, Texas will have to stack to box and that will leave our receivers open. Cody will clog the middle and the outside passrush will ruin outside runs.

Our special teams are top notch.

Also, Texas is a precision team, and the lay-off will not do them any good. Bama's offense will fare better after the layoff.

Bama can jump out and score quickly, and then eat the clock with long drives. The Texas ability to score quickly is mainly against lower quality defenses. They certainly couldn't do it against several of their opponents, including Nebraska.

I agree that it will be a great game.
Yes it should be and even if Bama wins, as long as it's by less than 4 pts I'll be happy. :) :clink:

Man I wish they could play the game tonight up here in the Shoe. The weather is just absolutely perfect for football. It's about 28 deg F with about 4 inches of snow. No to little wind...I mean this is just the best football weather! :)

Back