CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

th

Being left alive gives one the possibility of being exonerated. Execution prevents that.

Being "left alive" gives one the possibility of killing again...including killing fellow prisoners, guards and attendants. Execution prevents that.

The rest of the civilized world has caught on. It’s about time we did.

Lots of "the rest of the civilized world" has also caught on that "life in prison without the possibility of parole" is inhumane and should not be used. Here are some interesting statistics:

We lead the world in the number of "life without parole" for individuals convicted as minors.

The states of Florida and Pennsylvania each have more people serving life without possibility of parole than ANY OTHER COUNTRY outside US.

In my opinion (which is all I am giving here) a sentence of over 15 years is inhumane. If a person is deemed to be worthy of that long a time of confinement IT IS MY OPINION that they should be executed. AT VERY LEAST, they should be allowed to select execution over lengthy confinement.

It appears that no drug company wants to be involved with the death penalty. Looks like they’re catching on as well.

Domer...NOT THIS. PLEASE.

Most drug companies are worried about the bottom line...and only about the bottom line. If they thought providing the drugs would mean more profits, they'd sell them in a second. They suppose selling them for use in this way will hurt their bottom line...and that is the reason they do not...NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE CATCHING ON.

You aren’t everyone, Frank. Some people will choose differently.

Jesus H. Christ...HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ACKNOWLEDGE STUFF LIKE THAT BEFORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU STOP THROWING IT OUT AS IF IT IS SOMETHING I DO NOT REALIZE?

The topic was the decision of the Washington State Supreme Court to rule that the death penalty was illegal under Washington State's Constitution. There is no federal involvement for that reason. I am happy about the decision.

THE TOPIC IS CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.

If you do not like that...go to some other thread.

That's how the Russians used to do it, but even they have eliminated the death penalty because it is ineffective as a deterrent.

Imprisonment itself is ineffective as a deterrent...if what you are trying to do is to deter people from committing capital offense crimes.

But here is an interesting statistic IF EFFICIENCY OF DETERRENCE is a factor in your calculations on this issue:

NO PERSON HAVING BEEN EXECUTED HAS EVER KILLED ANYONE ELSE AFTER HIS/HER EXECUTION.

The Russians should have thought about that.

I think it's more of a question of evidence. If there's absolutely no question whatsoever a person is guilty of a horrendous crime, fry them.
I especially despise pedophiles, and a prison sentence won't change them. If there's undeniable proof they committed that act, hang them
by their toes and shoot them in the balls with a pellet rifle until they bleed to death. Our prisons are overcrowded anyway...

A lethal injection properly administered by a professional...is the way to go.

Being "left alive" gives one the possibility of killing again...including killing fellow prisoners, guards and attendants. Execution prevents that.

Lots of "the rest of the civilized world" has also caught on that "life in prison without the possibility of parole" is inhumane and should not be used. Here are some interesting statistics:

We lead the world in the number of "life without parole" for individuals convicted as minors.

The states of Florida and Pennsylvania each have more people serving life without possibility of parole than ANY OTHER COUNTRY outside US.

In my opinion (which is all I am giving here) a sentence of over 15 years is inhumane. If a person is deemed to be worthy of that long a time of confinement IT IS MY OPINION that they should be executed. AT VERY LEAST, they should be allowed to select execution over lengthy confinement.

Domer...NOT THIS. PLEASE.

Most drug companies are worried about the bottom line...and only about the bottom line. If they thought providing the drugs would mean more profits, they'd sell them in a second. They suppose selling them for use in this way will hurt their bottom line...and that is the reason they do not...NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE CATCHING ON.

Please, Frank, that “killing again” is a weak and bogus argument. Don’t embarrass yourself with it.

The point, Frank, is that other countries have abolished the death penalty. Something you missed.

What you also missed is that drug companies are avoiding anything to do with developing a “humane” lethal injection. What you did seem to pick up on is that it is not good for business.

Jesus H. Christ...HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ACKNOWLEDGE STUFF LIKE THAT BEFORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU STOP THROWING IT OUT AS IF IT IS SOMETHING I DO NOT REALIZE?

Then quit mentioning it Frank. It’s that easy.

You seem to be getting a little defensive here.

Imprisonment itself is ineffective as a deterrent...if what you are trying to do is to deter people from committing capital offense crimes.

But here is an interesting statistic IF EFFICIENCY OF DETERRENCE is a factor in your calculations on this issue:

NO PERSON HAVING BEEN EXECUTED HAS EVER KILLED ANYONE ELSE AFTER HIS/HER EXECUTION.

The Russians should have thought about that.

The death penalty is also not a deterrent.

No innocent person incorrectly executed has gone free, either.

You had best take a look at errors in the judicial system and exoneration rates. How many is an acceotable number for you on those errors? 10%? 5%? 1%?

The Washington state Supreme Court on Thursday unanimously struck down the death penalty there as unconstitutional.**

The final order decreed that any death sentences currently in force in the state be converted to life in prison.

This is conceived by many as a move toward a greater respect for life…and as an adjustment that removes what they see as “cruel and unusual punishment.”

There seems to be majority opinion that “life in prison without the possibility of parole” is less cruel and unusual.

I suppose some people can actually think that…but I consider it nuts to the point of bat-shit crazy.

Putting any human in a cage for the remainder of his/her life with no hope of being released…no matter what that person has supposedly done to deserve it…is FAR from “less cruel” than simply ending that person’s life.

I cannot imagine any sane person wanting to be caged for the remainder of his/her life…rather than finally being put out of his/her misery by a relatively peaceful death.

If the people arguing for the end to capital punishment want to be authentic and consistent…they ought also to be arguing for a maximum sentence for ANY crime of no more than ten years confinement.

A far better move, in my opinion, would be to stop arguing for the end to capital punishment…and instead arguing for easier access to more efficient drugs to carry out humane executions.

I imagine one or two people here may disagree.

Okay…let’s hear from you.

**Reported in several newspapers including:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...id=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news:page/in-the-news

It’s ok Frankie. It will go to the Supreme Court and my boy Kavanaugh will make it right

More death penalty

Of course if I had my way Frankie I would make voting democrat punishable by death. So.......

Please, Frank, that “killing again” is a weak and bogus argument. Don’t embarrass yourself with it.

Nothing weak about it. Name two people who have been executed...who have murdered again after being executed.

And if you cannot name two...name just one.

The point, Frank, is that other countries have abolished the death penalty. Something you missed.

I didn't miss that at all. What on Earth makes you think I did???

What you also missed is that drug companies are avoiding anything to do with developing a “humane” lethal injection. What you did seem to pick up on is that it is not good for business.

The fact that it is not good for business (because people like you would attempt boycotts)...IS mentioned. The reason I MENTIONED IT is because you naively suggested drug companies were refusing to supply drugs for executions because "they get it"...like YOU "get it." That was a laughable suggestion. I was merely pointing out that if they could help their bottom dollar by selling such drugs...and by developing them...THEY WOULD DO IT IN A NEW YORK SECOND.

And you know that.

Execution can be made humane by the use of reasonable drugs that can do the job without pain. It already does...as anyone who has ever had to put a pet "to sleep" can testify.

So stop the bullshit.

You oppose capital punishment...and are willing to allow slow, unending torture in prison instead.

Okay...that is your right.

Takes all kinds!

Then quit mentioning it Frank. It’s that easy.

You seem to be getting a little defensive here.

Well...if people like you have to keep mentioning that some people may disagree with me...as if you are saying something I have not already mentioned...

...I think it incumbent upon me to say it again.

No need for me to be defensive. I'm just having a discussion where I recognize there are two sides with decent arguments...although there are some involved in the discussion who are too thick-headed to realize that.

No problem.

The death penalty is also not a deterrent.

Well...if the "deterrence" being sought is to have a particular killer not kill again...I SUGGEST IT IS A VERY EFFECTIVE DETERRENT.

No innocent person incorrectly executed has gone free, either.

Okay.

If you are suggesting that occasionally innocent people die in this world...you won't get an argument from me.

You had best take a look at errors in the judicial system and exoneration rates. How many is an acceotable number for you on those errors? 10%? 5%? 1%?

Errors happen.

Whatever the error rate is...it is too high for me...and I hope for everyone.

What is your fucking point, Domer?

You oppose capital punishment...I oppose life in prison without the possibility of parole.

I think you are championing something I consider absolutely inhumane.

You seem to think I am championing something you consider inhumane.'

So???

It’s ok Frankie. It will go to the Supreme Court and my boy Kavanaugh will make it right

More death penalty

Of course if I had my way Frankie I would make voting democrat punishable by death. So.......

Fuck you, Asswipe.

But, sorta along your line of "thinking"...in my opinion, "voting Republican" at this point ought to call a person's sanity into question.

I would not suggest punishment of any sort. I would suggest mental health help.

Back