Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Yep. He's also right in what he said. No, not all females want to stay at home and be exclusively a mother, but it is much, much, much more likely that a female would seek that life than a male. Women generally love being pregnant. They have baby showers to celebrated, they are getting the babies room ready months ahead of time, they are taking pictures of their growing belly, etc.

Women, in general, just love seeing and holding babies. It doesn't matter if it is a friend's baby or a stranger's baby, either.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with acknowledging norms.
What, exactly, does this have to do with telling a bunch of women university grads that they've been lied to and should be getting excited about marriage and having kids -- but not the male grads? The subtext, of course, is that they should be focusing on marriage/children rather than on their future careers that they just got done studying for. :rolleyes:

Still fucked in the head huh? You know,...there IS help readily available. Even for dumpy little sawed off fatasses like you. :cool: You should man up and put up a CURRENT pic of yourself like I did,....we can play GUESS THAT WEIGHT. ;) You do know Doc its very unhealthy to weigh 260 pounds at your height of 5-8 right? You must be the 8th dwarf they never talk about..........Dumpy!
^^^
I ❤️ Being Proved Correct. LOL

FWIW, I currently weigh 160. Fat Boy continues to prove he's a fucking moron and the dumbest and laziest of three brothers. :)

What he said

Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

“I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother. I’m on this stage today, able to be the man that I am, because I have a wife who leans into her vocation.

“I’m beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all. Homemaker.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So where did he say its their place?
Do you know what "vocation" means? He's saying that his wife's "real" career is being wife and mother, and encouraging the young women graduates to embrace the same career. Notice how he says nothing to the young men graduates about being fathers. Why is that? Fathers are just as important as mothers and if "homemaker" is a worthy vocation, so is "stay-at-home-dad."

His wife is lucky to have had the choice to be a SAHM. Not all women want that or can afford to do that. Choice = freedom. You are in favor of freedom, aren't you?

“When I got into the White House, when people asked me what was gonna be my agenda, I said, ‘Well, my first focus is gonna be ‘Mom-in-Chief’ Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama placed motherhood at the center of her role as first lady​

Did u Kibs here slam her for this? Did u want her canceled over her view on her role?
Isn't the freedom to be able to choice one's role in life, or change it if desire, a wonderful thing?

Well, @Stone wants to call them, "pastors". You two go somewhere and work it out!
Stone thinks he knows more than everyone else. In Protestant churches the leader can have any number of titles -- priest (Episcopal), pastor (Lutheran), preacher (fundie/nondemoninational), reverend, etc. No matter what the name, child abuse by some of these church leaders doesn't belong to just one sect, unfortunately.

We live in "middle America," and always have -- and I found the remarks stupid, bigoted, misogynist, and condescending. He tried to turn a commencement address into a political speech. He's gotten a lot of flak from intelligent, reasonable, personal-freedom-loving citizens both males and females. It's only the women-should-be-subservient-and-stick-to-their-function-as-birthers crowd, like pEarl and Toxic belong to, who found it inspiring. As for the cheering afterwards, it's traditional because now you're free of both school *and* pompous speechifying derps like the football wonk.
And we have some trumpanzees in Boston as well.
It's careless to make general statements, I know.

I'm just trying to imagine a Patriots kicker giving that speech at a Boston school commencement.
Can't do it.

Remember how Michelle was slammed for pushing good nutrition for kids? The fucking morons slamming her favored calling catsup a vegetable and fatty foods.
I voted for the HNIC TWICE...thought he was one of the really good ones,
but I could never stand his old lady and her prissy Bill Maher-like health eating propaganda.
People don't eat just for nutrition. Thy eat for pleasure as well.

She wasn't running for anything though.
Other than seeing her on TV, she was no problem at all.

Butker can be welcome and included, too, if he stops hating on other people.
I've noticed in this discussion none of the Reichwingers want to discuss the other offensive shit in th e football wonk's address. He included snark about gender and gender identity and slams at President Biden. After all, isn't that what commencement addresses are for -- promoting your own personal political POV? :rolleyes:

This thread is making me wear out that eyeroll emoji. lol

Isn't the freedom to be able to choice one's role in life, or change it if desire, a wonderful thing?
Agreed; everyone has unalienable rights and freedom of choice is one of them. Those who oppress and force others into limited areas are assholes.

The only rule should be to not hurt others and this asshole is hurting women by forcing them into the kitchen and out of the professional workplace.

Remember how Michelle was slammed for pushing good nutrition for kids? The fucking morons slamming her favored calling catsup a vegetable and fatty foods.
Oh yes, I remember that. There's a wannabe-"teacher" here who beat Mrs. Obama's "Let's Move" and school nutrition advocacy like a rented mule. Yet the same hypocrite constantly virtue-signals about how SHE allegedly advocated for exercise/PE and making sure school kids didn't go hungry. I guess the difference is that one is a (D) president's wife and the other's just a bimbo hater. lol

I've noticed in this discussion none of the Reichwingers want to discuss the other offensive shit in th e football wonk's address. He included snark about gender and gender identity and slams at President Biden. After all, isn't that what commencement addresses are for -- promoting your own personal political POV? :rolleyes:

This says it all about the Left and gender

Agreed; everyone has unalienable rights and freedom of choice is one of them. Those who oppress and force others into limited areas are assholes.

The only rule should be to not hurt others and this asshole is hurting women by forcing them into the kitchen and out of the professional workplace.
He's not really forcing anybody into anything, thankfully.
He's just shooting off his mouth.
Still an asshole, though.

For real. I've mentioned the "degenerates" comment many times. None of them will touch it. Instead they just keep repeating, "Nothing he said was an insult to anyone."

Back