Christmas only discussion.

Christmas isn't Biblical.
Christians should celebrate Passover thru the POV,that Jesus came as the Passover Lamb,to save us from the power and office of the Passover Angel of Death.

Tomorrow, Christmas Eve, going up to Baton Rouge with my son to look at an 'abandoned Fixer-upper' with my son. They're asking $19,000, will probably take 10,000 - 12,000. It looks like a 'Katrina-house'. It's been stripped of all it's sheetrock, all the insulation in the walls and ceiling have been removed. My big question: 'How's the Foundation?' It's on Piers and looks like a 12 inch crawl space. I'm envisioning dead rats, HIV-infected drug needles, ... and mud.
It's near LSU and the Freeway, but in a 'bad area'. My son says the immediate area is well kept. I asked him if all the houses have Burglar Bars, he can't remember. (one of the first things I look for)

Hmmmm ... my granddaughter is going up there for the Ride with us ... (rubbing chin) ... I think I'll hand my granddaughter the flashlight and tell her to 'check the crawlspace, you're small'. :)

Wow, that is cheap.... Good luck, to you & her.....lol

Have her bring her phone to take picts......

Maybe better as you would likely have to tear the mold infested rat trap down anyway.:dunno:

Enjoy! Is it an arcade with video games? What do you play?

It's been quite a bit above normal here for the last week. Normal high is mid-20s; it's been hitting the low 40s. Still have plenty of snow though. Glad the ice is off the parking lots in town.

Wow, this time of year & you're not much colder than we are... We will have snow down to about 2,500 feet tonight but not a lot...

:) She won't be getting dirty. She likes truckin' around with her Uncle. We'll stop for Eats, maybe sightsee around Baton Rouge, go to LSU (a subliminal message implant), and do 'construction' stuff. We're taking a ladder, maybe put her on the roof, you know, for the view ... and that 'empowerment' feeling.

"The last evidence on display marking the beginning of the end of Huey P. Long is about 4 1/2 feet up a marble column on the first floor of Louisiana's sky-scraping capitol building. It's a bullet hole, big enough to hold the tip of your pinky finger.
People of all ages have visited this capitol for more than 70 years, eager to see the spot where the legendary Louisiana governor and U.S. senator was assassinated at the height of his almost dictatorial power in 1935."
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2007-11-09-0711080903-story.html

I use to love drivin over the Huey P Long bridge..... Amazing it is standing...

Wow, that is cheap.... Good luck, to you & her.....lol

Have her bring her phone to take picts......

Maybe better as you would likely have to tear the mold infested rat trap down anyway.:dunno:

My son is looking at it. I'm just there to give an opinion. You know, 'two heads are better than one'.

I use to love drivin over the Huey P Long bridge..... Amazing it is standing...

:) Ever been stuck in traffic at the top, and the train goes by? You're actually swaying back and forth.

"The Huey P. Long Bridge,[4] located in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, is a cantilevered steel through-truss bridge that carries a two-track railroad line over the Mississippi River at mile 106.1 with three lanes of US 90 on each side of the central tracks.
Opened in December 1935, the bridge was named for the late Governor Huey P. Long, who had been assassinated on September 8 of that year. The bridge was the first Mississippi River span built in Louisiana and the 29th along the length of the river."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huey_P._Long_Bridge_(Jefferson_Parish)

Christmas isn't Biblical.
Christians should celebrate Passover thru the POV,that Jesus came as the Passover Lamb,to save us from the power and office of the Passover Angel of Death.

nope there is no human sacrifice in Judaism as that is abhorrent to Jews, nor will messiah be a supernatural being to be worshiped, that is idolatry, plus the bible teaches one cannot die for another sins

Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:

Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
Jewish belief is based on national revelation.
But first, some background: What exactly is the Messiah?

The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word Mashiach, which means "anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil. (Exodus 29:7, 1-Kings 1:39, 2-Kings 9:3)................

Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world – on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

C. Torah Observance
The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

Throughout the Christian "New Testament," Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. For example, John 9:14 records that Jesus made a paste in violation of Shabbat, which caused the Pharisees to say (verse 16), "He does not observe Shabbat!"

(3) Mistranslated Verses "Referring" to Jesus
Biblical verses can only be understood by studying the original Hebrew text – which reveals many discrepancies in the Christian translation.

A. Virgin Birth
The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the "suffering servant."

In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in the singular form because the Jews ("Israel") are regarded as one unit. Throughout Jewish scripture, Israel is repeatedly called, in the singular, the "Servant of God" (see Isaiah 43:8). In fact, Isaiah states no less than 11 times in the chapters prior to 53 that the Servant of God is Israel.

When read correctly, Isaiah 53 clearly [and ironically] refers to the Jewish people being "bruised, crushed and as sheep brought to slaughter" at the hands of the nations of the world. These descriptions are used throughout Jewish scripture to graphically describe the suffering of the Jewish people (see Psalm 44).

Isaiah 53 concludes that when the Jewish people are redeemed, the nations will recognize and accept responsibility for the inordinate suffering and death of the Jews.

What Christians call The "old Testament" can only be understood in Hebrew which hasn't changed in over 5000 years

https://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html

Last edited:
I think he was born in April? Some time around the Roman Census.

Most likely in early spring, around the vernal equinox. Shepherds would be out "keeping watch over their flocks by night" -- the time when lambs are born. The early Church had a lot of competition with the local pagan religions. There's a lot of evidence that over time the date of Christ's birth was moved to coincide with the pagan solstice celebrations.

:) Ever been stuck in traffic at the top, and the train goes by? You're actually swaying back and forth.

"The Huey P. Long Bridge,[4] located in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, is a cantilevered steel through-truss bridge that carries a two-track railroad line over the Mississippi River at mile 106.1 with three lanes of US 90 on each side of the central tracks.
Opened in December 1935, the bridge was named for the late Governor Huey P. Long, who had been assassinated on September 8 of that year. The bridge was the first Mississippi River span built in Louisiana and the 29th along the length of the river."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huey_P._Long_Bridge_(Jefferson_Parish)

Been stuck in traffic (accidents) looking out @ that mass of water thinking this bridge is hella OLD... & yea in the high winds & pounding rains you can feel it sway

Most likely in early spring, around the vernal equinox. Shepherds would be out "keeping watch over their flocks by night" -- the time when lambs are born. The early Church had a lot of competition with the local pagan religions. There's a lot of evidence that over time the date of Christ's birth was moved to coincide with the pagan solstice celebrations.

Yep. 'Christians' ... always trying to take over stuff. :(

Been stuck in traffic (accidents) looking out @ that mass of water thinking this bridge is hella OLD... & yea in the high winds & pounding rains you can feel it sway

What the heck were YOU doing down here?

About 5 or 10 years ago a ship's Mast hit the Bridge. Apparently the Mississippi River was high, and the ship had unloaded Cargo upriver and failed to add enough ballast to compensate for the weight of the Cargo for the return trip downriver. You'd think THAT would have done some MAJOR structural damage to the Huey P., but noooooo, just patched it up and everything was copasetic.

Today I pay homage to one of the great moral philosophers of antiquity. I leave the Trump worship to the phony Christians.

"How dreadfully has it tormented me (and torments me even now) this longing for faith, which is all the stronger for the proofs I have against it. And yet God gives me sometimes moments of perfect peace; in such moments I love and believe that I am loved; in such moments I have formulated my creed, wherein all is clear and holy to me.” -

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

What the heck were YOU doing down here?

About 5 or 10 years ago a ship's Mast hit the Bridge. Apparently the Mississippi River was high, and the ship had unloaded Cargo upriver and failed to add enough ballast to compensate for the weight of the Cargo for the return trip downriver. You'd think THAT would have done some MAJOR structural damage to the Huey P., but noooooo, just patched it up and everything was copasetic.

Went to live down there after getting out of the army.. Stayed a few years there.. It was like going back in time..

Back