Climate change is pure bullshit!!

Functionally retarded it is!
He states that Sweden is not to the east of the UK.
He denies the existence of the sciences of paleoclimatology, psychology and anthropology.
He recently brought us the news that Australia is not in the Antarctic.

He is the forum's scientific sociopath

Haw, haw............................................haw.

He states that Sweden is not to the east of the UK.
He denies the existence of the sciences of paleoclimatology, psychology and anthropology.
He recently brought us the news that Australia is not in the Antarctic.

He is the forum's scientific sociopath

Haw, haw............................................haw.
Holy crap.

I hope it hasn't reproduced.

This is exactly the experiment I described ... except that it is completely different and totally unrelated.

Bo Zhen, Chia Wei Hsu, Ling Lu, A. Douglas Stone and Marin Soljačić didn't perform any experiment with any initial hypothesis. They wrote a paper about some non-repeatable observations, perhaps because they wanted to publish something in their downtime. The general gist is that photonic crystal slabs don't trap/store/contain light in any way, but rather "guide" light along in the same way that fiber optic cable guides light, or how train tracks "guide" a train, ... except that at random times, parts of the train "leak" away, ... and that is the topic of the paper.

I won't keep you waiting.

I have never lost to you, and unless you get demonstrably better in a hurry, I won't be losing to you anytime soon.
Just to highlight how full of shit you are.

In general, light can
escape from the surface of the slab and propagate to the far
field, but for a portion of the photonic band (that is “below
the light line”)
light is perfectly confined to the slab by
the generalized form of total internal reflection

The correct answer is NOT "none" unless you are arguing that light that is "guided" infinitely in the slab is not contained in the slab.

This is from the abstract of a more recent paper and perhaps is a better explanation of what a BIC is.
Bound states in the continuum (BICs) defy the conventional wisdom that assumes a spectral separation between propagating waves, that carry energy away, and spatially localized waves corresponding to discrete frequencies. They can be described as resonance states with infinite lifetime, i.e., leaky modes with zero leakage.

Nope. The experts recognize Beryl as very ordinary.

Hey everybody, hurricane Beryl knocked out power in Texas! Oooooh! Aaaaah! People were inconvenienced! Ooooooh! Aaaaah!

Crepitus, you are so totally correct. This is earth-shattering. We should create a new religion: Global Blowing and Climate Wind. We could refer to Hurricane Acidification and Low Pressure Forcings as an existential threat to humanity.

It's such a good thing that you listen to "experts" who do your thinking for you, and I am so fortunate that I have you bringing these things to my attention. Thank you, from the bottom of my Climate Ground Zero.

Question: How are we going to blame Trump for Climate Change if we steal the election again?
Beryl is recognized as not being ordinary because it is the earliest in the year that a Cat 5 hurricane has formed in the Atlantic.
Beryl reached Cat 5 status on July 2nd.
There is only one other Cat 5 hurricane in the record books that has formed in July and that didn't form until July 16.

But then you think destruction of property is not a violent crime so it's understandable you think things out of the ordinary are very ordinary.

Beryl is recognized as not being ordinary because it is the earliest in the year that a Cat 5 hurricane has formed in the Atlantic.
The reason that Beryl is recognized as being totally ordinary is that nothing about the time of year prevents cold air from descending, and thus nothing about the time of year is an inherent characteristic of any hurricane in question.

An ordinary hurricane in July is an ordinary hurricane, even considering warmizombie fear-hype.

I know that you are overdue to blurt out "it's UNPRECEDENTED" so as to make yourself feel better, so go ahead. Beryl is still totally ordinary.

Back