Debunking the fear machine about middle classs

Riddle me this, Batman:

If payroll earnings are down, household income is up modestly, yet the consumer price index, healthcare, and housing costs have all skyrocketed.......then, what happens to overall, gross disposable money (income) for the family? (Hint, its a matter of simple arithmetic)

-Consumer Price Index:

CPI.jpg

-Cost of Healthcare:

Housingcost1.jpg

-Cost of Housing:

Housingcost.jpg

Uhhh, Topper?

US Census Bureau agrees with me: Wages are down, and income is up only up because more people in the household are working - and at crappier jobs.

That's what I've been telling you all week:

Family income up, but not pay

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

Household income rose faster than inflation last year for the first time since 1999, but families got ahead only by working at more jobs that paid less money, the Census Bureau reported Tuesday.

Median household income adjusted for inflation climbed 1.1% to $46,326 in 2005. That means half of U.S. households earned more and half earned less. Per capita income rose 1.5% to $25,036, the agency said.

The rise in income hid some somber news.

Earnings actually fell for people working full time. Household income rose because more people in the households worked, although at lower-paying jobs. Median earnings of men declined 1.8% last year. For women, the decline was 1.3%.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/income/2006-08-29-poverty-rate_x.htm?POE=click-refer

So topper? You can quit now with the "Incomes are up! It proves the middle class is doing better than ever!" bullshit.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
After the incredible Burn Darla put on me earlier I owed her this.

May 07 overall inflation 2.9%
by category
food 3.9
housing 3.3
apparel (.8)
trans 1.8
medical 4.0
recreation 4
education 2.7:clink:

Uhhh...not sure...

I believe all persons should be required to pass at least 2 semesters of personal finances classes before graduating school.
And I am talking middle and high school here. One semester in each school.
How to balance check books, how loans and interest rates work, 401K's, credit cards, etc....
Darn parents are too lazy/stupid to do it in many cases.

about your school system...but in my little county this is required in MS and HS....***shrug***

Triumphant Goldilocks
The big theme in today’s Dow crossing the 14,000 threshold for the first time is one of unprecedented global economic growth and a worldwide stock market boom.

Simply put, this is the greatest global stock market boom in history.

What we are witnessing here, in virtually every corner of the globe, is the success and the spread of unbridled free market capitalism. It is a dynamic worldwide march toward lower tax rates, deregulation, and, as market strategist Don Luskin put it on last night’s show, the “interconnectedness” of global economies through free trade, the free flow of capital, and the robust free exchange of information.

Despite the persistent doom and gloom refrain from various sourpuss prognosticators, it remains the greatest story never told.

And it's not over yet.

This Goldilocks stock market and economy is celebrating her one-year anniversary in a remarkable bull market run that began last July. Since last summer, the Dow is up over 30 percent; Europe is up 40 percent; Japan is up 18 percent; and the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) index is up a mind blowing 64 percent.

That’s called global prosperity.

Here in the U.S., we’re getting a welcome speedup in the economy with profits and cash flow shares at record highs.

touche he's a bush bootlicker
But he's got a good show with good economist and market makers.
The fact that he turned Jesus freak as 85 doesn't bother me too much.

Triumphant Goldilocks
The big theme in today’s Dow crossing the 14,000 threshold for the first time is one of unprecedented global economic growth and a worldwide stock market boom.

Simply put, this is the greatest global stock market boom in history.

What we are witnessing here, in virtually every corner of the globe, is the success and the spread of unbridled free market capitalism. It is a dynamic worldwide march toward lower tax rates, deregulation, and, as market strategist Don Luskin put it on last night’s show, the “interconnectedness” of global economies through free trade, the free flow of capital, and the robust free exchange of information.

Despite the persistent doom and gloom refrain from various sourpuss prognosticators, it remains the greatest story never told.

And it's not over yet.

This Goldilocks stock market and economy is celebrating her one-year anniversary in a remarkable bull market run that began last July. Since last summer, the Dow is up over 30 percent; Europe is up 40 percent; Japan is up 18 percent; and the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) index is up a mind blowing 64 percent.

That’s called global prosperity.

Here in the U.S., we’re getting a welcome speedup in the economy with profits and cash flow shares at record highs.

Global prosperity which utilizes slave labor and condemns any loyalty to anything but money is a sham prosperity. A lie.

it creates prosperity and your wage is slave compared to mine but I'm ok with that. You don't produce much anyway.

Topper, I don't believe you ever addressed this:

Uhhh, Topper?

US Census Bureau agrees with me: Wages are down, and income is up only up because more people in the household are working - and at crappier jobs.

Family income up, but not pay

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

Household income rose faster than inflation last year for the first time since 1999, but families got ahead only by working at more jobs that paid less money, the Census Bureau reported Tuesday.

Median household income adjusted for inflation climbed 1.1% to $46,326 in 2005. That means half of U.S. households earned more and half earned less. Per capita income rose 1.5% to $25,036, the agency said.

The rise in income hid some somber news.

Earnings actually fell for people working full time. Household income rose because more people in the households worked, although at lower-paying jobs. Median earnings of men declined 1.8% last year. For women, the decline was 1.3%.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/income/2006-08-29-poverty-rate_x.htm?POE=click-refer

So topper? You can quit now with the "Incomes are up! It proves the middle class is doing better than ever!" bullshit.

:rolleyes:

it creates prosperity and your wage is slave compared to mine but I'm ok with that. You don't produce much anyway.

No. It creates prosperity for some and puts others out of work. You aren't paying attention. Again, your argument goes back to you being an elitist shithead.

Last edited:
Cypress net worth is far more important.
Again we are FAR wealthier than were were pre Reagan. Why do you not even attempt to address this:clink:

those that try get rewardeed >50% in the stock market

the bottom 50 needs to be informed on how good it is.:readit:

Back