Dexter Season 6 Discussion thread (Spoilers)

Then again nothing in the entire homicide department is believable. It's the one great weakness of the show is that only one of the cops come off as believable (Batista). The rest are charicatures played by hack actors. The less the get involved with the homicide departments melodrama and focus more on Dexter,s dark passenger, the better off the show is.

Personally I think you're wrong about LeGuarda being set up for the kill. My guess is that Deb is the one getting set up to be killed based on her (Jennifer Carpenter) and Michael Hall getting divorced. I always have found it kinda creepy that a husband and wife are playing brother and sister.....but then again the show is supposed to be creepy.

Then again nothing in the entire homicide department is believable. It's the one great weakness of the show is that only one of the cops come off as believable (Batista). The rest are charicatures played by hack actors. The less the get involved with the homicide departments melodrama and focus more on Dexter,s dark passenger, the better off the show is.

Personally I think you're wrong about LeGuarda being set up for the kill. My guess is that Deb is the one getting set up to be killed based on her (Jennifer Carpenter) and Michael Hall getting divorced. I always have found it kinda creepy that a husband and wife are playing brother and sister.....but then again the show is supposed to be creepy.

I don't think they can kill Deb off. I think the whole payoff of this show has to be the final season where Deb slowly starts to suspect what and who Dexter is, and the moral choices she's going to have to make.

I don't think they can kill Deb off. I think the whole payoff of this show has to be the final season where Deb slowly starts to suspect what and who Dexter is, and the moral choices she's going to have to make.

I agree, Deb is too critical for Dexters sanity. I believe it will be LeGuarda, or Quinn this season, both a treat to Deb and Dexter.

Well, I am starting to be pretty convinced that Edward James Olmos' character only exists in Hanks' mind, mirroring the Harry/Dexter relationship.

So far, I liked last_ season better, but it's not that I dislike this season.

I think the fact that Homeland directly follows and is just effing OMG incredible, kind of hurts Dexter by comparison.

Well that or someone gets fed up with her potty mouth and pops a cap in her ass! ;)

Well, I am starting to be pretty convinced that Edward James Olmos' character only exists in Hanks' mind, mirroring the Harry/Dexter relationship.

So far, I liked last_ season better, but it's not that I dislike this season.

I think the fact that Homeland directly follows and is just effing OMG incredible, kind of hurts Dexter by comparison.
Oh that's interesting. If so....the Dexter really screwed up last night.

Oh that's interesting. If so....the Dexter really screwed up last night.

Well, I didn't see last week's episode until last night, so I watched two in one night. And it really showed up that no one else ever seems to talk to Olmos. The waitress that Hanks' picks up (and don't even get me started on what a pasty-faced pudd he looks like, and he's got this hot waitress dying to go home with him, ech, get some women writers people!) and then has sex with and then next scene she's tied to the stove. We never see who ties her there, and when Hanks walks in, she never once looks at Olmos, she only looks at Hanks.

I could be totally wrong, but it's starting to be something that I am really noticing. We'll see. And yes, Dexter really screwed up in that case.

Well, I didn't see last week's episode until last night, so I watched two in one night. And it really showed up that no one else ever seems to talk to Olmos. The waitress that Hanks' picks up (and don't even get me started on what a pasty-faced pudd he looks like, and he's got this hot waitress dying to go home with him, ech, get some women writers people!) and then has sex with and then next scene she's tied to the stove. We never see who ties her there, and when Hanks walks in, she never once looks at Olmos, she only looks at Hanks.

I could be totally wrong, but it's starting to be something that I am really noticing. We'll see. And yes, Dexter really screwed up in that case.
Great observations. I'll have to go back and re-watch the previous episodes but it sounds like your on to something.

Promoting Deb was so unbelievable. She has come off in every previous episode like a rookie with barely enough skill to hang on to the job and now she's the Lieutenant? Give me a break.

i dont know i thought in the context of the show she's been seen solving a lot of different homocides (mainly due to the help of dexter). so she's done a pretty good job in miami's eyes

well they started the show before they got married.

a lot of people say this, which is why people were so pissed about season 5 cause they wanted someone else to finally know about dexter. thing is, when that happens, the tension is gone and it really kills the vibe.

you may be on to something.

if you turn out to be right, i'll probably be mad at you for robbing me from being surprised O_O

you may be on to something.

if you turn out to be right, i'll probably be mad at you for robbing me from being surprised O_O

Yeah maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. I remember seeing The Sixth Sense with my aunt. She really bugged me to see it with her but she had already seen it. She wanted me to see it. So we go and near the end she leans over and whispers really loudly (so, embarrassing) "did you figure it out yet?" And of course exactly when she said that, i did. And I was so mad. LOL

Sorry, and really, this is just speculation on my part.

We have just downloaded and watched a trailer for this Dexter programme. Mm. Very loud. Very, very American with clean cut actorets and unnecessary heroism.
Not a patch on Luther. Nowhere near. I'd rather watch a cooking show!!!
I guess it's what you are used to. Wah wah bang bang is not for me.

We have just downloaded and watched a trailer for this Dexter programme. Mm. Very loud. Very, very American with clean cut actorets and unnecessary heroism.
Not a patch on Luther. Nowhere near. I'd rather watch a cooking show!!!
I guess it's what you are used to. Wah wah bang bang is not for me.

For the elitest non-american, I suggest Boardwalk empire, a decent mix of subtlety and violence. Plus you get to see america in the prohibition era.
If that doesn't suit you, there is always the wire.

Back