Dexter Season 6 Discussion thread (Spoilers)

Yeah maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. I remember seeing The Sixth Sense with my aunt. She really bugged me to see it with her but she had already seen it. She wanted me to see it. So we go and near the end she leans over and whispers really loudly (so, embarrassing) "did you figure it out yet?" And of course exactly when she said that, i did. And I was so mad. LOL

Sorry, and really, this is just speculation on my part.

She probably knew, like the rest of us have figured out, that you're a little slow on things like that.

We have just downloaded and watched a trailer for this Dexter programme. Mm. Very loud. Very, very American with clean cut actorets and unnecessary heroism.
Not a patch on Luther. Nowhere near. I'd rather watch a cooking show!!!
I guess it's what you are used to. Wah wah bang bang is not for me.

Here's a solution that even you can probably follow; but then, you might need some assistance in following through.
Don't fucking watch it.

Luther is such an awesome show, and I hate to see its reputation tarnished by the fact that an ex-pat baffoon such as Low watches it. Tune into Luther, people, it is a terrific show!!

Now, back to Dexter... :cof1:

For the elitest non-american, I suggest Boardwalk empire, a decent mix of subtlety and violence. Plus you get to see america in the prohibition era.
If that doesn't suit you, there is always the wire.

Choosing not to be deafened is hardly elitist. I guess if you are a 'teen or twenty' or a 'wannabe teen or twenty' wah-wah-bang-bang is OK. But I always thought most people here were a little more adult. I have never heard of Boardwalk Empire, I'll most certainly see if it is available. I do not watch much TV though.

Luther is such an awesome show, and I hate to see its reputation tarnished by the fact that an ex-pat baffoon such as Low watches it. Tune into Luther, people, it is a terrific show!!

Now, back to Dexter... :cof1:

The word is 'buffoon'.

I don't consider Dexter to be all that noisy or explosive, myself. Police shootouts are a rare occurance, and we are spared the ourtageous carnage of actually seeing Dex dismember bodies. It might come off as such, because the psychology gets very involved, in order to draw the audience in and frighten them a little, but its a relatively subtle show, once you get past the bloodwork and the crime scenes themselves, which frequently fall upon us as unexpectedly as they do the characters.

For the elitest non-american, I suggest Boardwalk empire, a decent mix of subtlety and violence. Plus you get to see america in the prohibition era.
If that doesn't suit you, there is always the wire.

I miss The Wire, it was just brilliant. I never did find out what the title means though?

aweesome episode.

I am really stoked the direction this season is taking. awesome to see brian back and dexter really almost going full blown psychopath. This is going to rock.

Line of the night: "of course i am going to play the partner card it's this type of fucking situation that the partner card is for!" - LOL.

aweesome episode.

I am really stoked the direction this season is taking. awesome to see brian back and dexter really almost going full blown psychopath. This is going to rock.

Line of the night: "of course i am going to play the partner card it's this type of fucking situation that the partner card is for!" - LOL.

I just caught up nd am blown away. Sensational. It is scary how I want him to be bad.

I just watched the first season of The Hour. It was fantastic!! Slow to start, during the first couple of episodes, and then picked up with an excellent episode three, getting progressively better. The season is a short six episodes, so I encourage everyone to join me in getting caught up on that.

Is anyone else watching Homeland? I am finding that Dexter is suffering in comparison this year. I do wish that I could watch them completely separately. But I never would have watched Homeland if it didn't immediately follow Dexter in the first place. I would have thought it was a dumb 24-type show. This show amazes me every week and last night was, well, you're not seeing this in the movies I will tell you that. It was incredible. I've completely forgotten what happened on Dexter because I was so blown away by Homeland. I would put last night's episode side-by-side with Madman's "The Suitcase" from last season. One hour of riveting television.

I haven't seen Homeland, but for me Dexter didn't get really good until last week when he strangled that guy at the beach! I didn't see last night's episode yet.

I haven't seen Homeland, but for me Dexter didn't get really good until last week when he strangled that guy at the beach! I didn't see last night's episode yet.
Oh last night was great. Dexter was right on the Edge of going completely over to the darkness.....but didn't. I think it's becoming clearer that Darla is right about the killer.

Back