Dick Cheney will be voting for Kamala Harris

Former Vice President Dick Cheney, one of the most prominent Republicans in the last half-century, announced Friday will be crossing party lines this election and voting for Vice President Kamala Harris, contending former President Donald Trump "can never be trusted with power again."

"In our nation’s 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump. He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him," he said in a statement.

"As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris."

There goes another chunk of republicans contemplating voting for the velveeta man

I would like to see George Bush Jr and Condoleezza Rice come out in support of the Harris ticket too?!!
If the real republicans want their party back, they must defeat Trump this November?!!
I suspect former House speaker John Boehner will not vote for Trump. Paul Ryan definitely isn't.

Mitch McConnel will never confess, but I bet he votes with a write-in candidate.

It's a matter of degrees of evil.

Cheney may be Darth Vader, but Trump is Emperor Palpatine. Cheney obviously recognizes Trump is way too stupid, way too immoral, and way too evil to lead the United States of America.
Agreed on all points. Something truly evil people refuse to admit:
So Darth Vader is on your side now. Excellent. His moronic daughter will vote for him
Fuck you asshole you called for the assassination of your political opponent so fuck you!

So is crying Adam and Rino Liz. Probably Jeff Flake too. Not to mention the Romney clan.

How many states will their votes carry?

These days you can't find a conservative who will confess to having supported Bush-Cheney and the invasion of Iraq.

So you claim that in 2003 you were protesting the Iraq War....

:magagrin:
Well I didn’t vote for W ever and you’ve known me long enough to know that the Iraq invasion was the straw that broke the camels back in my decision to leave the GOP after over 20 years of being a card carrying Republican.

What’s ironic is when I voiced my opposition to the Iraq War and predicted it would end badly that my reasoning turned out to be correct and that my fellow Republicans right wing told me to not let the door hit my ass on the way out (it didn’t).

That period sealed the end of the moderate wing of the GOP as we either left the party by free will or were outright told to leave.

The irony here and now is that those same traditional right wing conservatives are now in the same situation as they have been sidelined by the populist within the GOP and their cult of personality surrounding Trump and his demagoguery.

So is crying Adam and Rino Liz. Probably Jeff Flake too. Not to mention the Romney clan.

How many states will their votes carry?
“Dick Cheney is an irrelevant RINO, along with his daughter, who lost by the largest margin in the History of Congressional Races!,” wrote Trump on his Truth Social platform.

Unbelieveable! Probably the most hardcore rightwing Republican the country has ever seen and now he is a RINO? And who gives a shit what Liz lost by in her congressional race, how is that pertinent to the subject? Dementia Don at it again belching out shit that has nothing to do with the subject.

Of course real Republicans are losing races, that party is now the party of MAGA.

This should truly be a wake up call to anyone who has the values and conservative ideals of the real Republican party. Trumps party is the MAGA party it isn't yours, you are now a RINO. The sooner Republicans realize that and dump that asshole the sooner they may be able to return to those values and conservative ideals. Trump is a fucking criminal from sexual assault to fraud to being out on bail for 34 felony convictions, since when can any real Republican imagine nominating such a disgusting piece of shit?

Harris receives 2024 endorsements from law enforcement officials​

while law enforcement officials made clear that they believe Harris and Walz earned their 2024 backing, they simultaneously emphasized their opposition to Trump. The former president, their joint statement read, “has repeatedly shown he does not respect law enforcement or the rule of law,” citing the Republican’s stated plans to pardon Jan. 6 rioters who clashed with the police at the U.S. Capitol.

Trump has repeatedly lashed out at those he’s described as “dirty cops,” as part of a larger offensive against law enforcement. He’s also condemned law enforcement officials as “fascists” and accused law enforcement officials of pushing “fake” crime rate statistics as part of a political plot to help Democrats.

A jury recently found Trump guilty of 34 felonies, and he’s still facing dozens of other criminal counts across multiple jurisdictions.

Trump has promised day-one pardons for insurrectionists, many of whom violently clashed with police officers.
Trump doesn't give a shit about police officers and plenty of them know it.
A jury found Trump guilty of 34 felonies and he’s still facing dozens of other criminal counts across multiple jurisdictions. Does that sound like the type of guy that police would be supporting?

Back