Do Democrats Comprehend?

It leads to a very different looking thread on my monitor, I can actually follow a meaningful debate between... say, Damo and Arnold... while ignoring the 'noise' from pinhead antagonists.

How dare you say I'm not a pinhead antagonist! :D

It leads to a very different looking thread on my monitor, I can actually follow a meaningful debate between... say, Damo and Arnold... while ignoring the 'noise' from pinhead antagonists.

How dare you say I'm not a pinhead antagonist! :D

It's okay Arnold, you are still an idiot. I just don't put you in the classification as those pinheads who can't even think of anything stupid to argue about. You don't just post drive-by snipes and take cheap shots, you do actually try to talk about something, even though it is totally ignorant. You have earned my respect, not because of your wisdom and intellect, but because in spite of having very little, you maintain a certain civility and don't resort to the juvenile ad hominem attacks, like most pinheads.

You have earned my respect,

Dixie, don't say things like this... It will ruin my credibility amongst my liberal comrades... :)

Dixie...haven't you learned your lesson about prognostication? Your suggestion that America will do anything is a clear cut indication that exactly the opposite will occur!

Really..... give it up. You suck at it.
He's right about 1/3 of the time.

that is an exaggeration. I cannot think of a single thing he has been right about since the reelection of Bush. Schiavo, nuclear option, effect of Zarqawi's demise, end of the insurgency, the american death toll in Iraq, effectiveness of the culture of corruption campaign slogan, the demise of the democratic party, the results of the midterm....

can ANYONE come up with ONE accurate Dixie prognostication?

that is an exaggeration. I cannot think of a single thing he has been right about since the reelection of Bush. Schiavo, nuclear option, effect of Zarqawi's demise, end of the insurgency, the american death toll in Iraq, effectiveness of the culture of corruption campaign slogan, the demise of the democratic party, the results of the midterm....

Nothing of any consequence. Its astonishing really, that someone could be wrong nearly all the time.

Except that he probably predicted Bush would win in 2004.

Well, let's take a more objective look... I said at the time of Sciavo, no one would even remember her name by election time, and low and behold, Schiavo didn't even make the list of concerns from the voters. The reason Mike DeWine and Lincoln Chaffee lost, was because of their involvement in McCain's little 'Gang of 7', and the voters punished them. Had republicans actually taken the nuclear option, they would have been better off in the midterms, it was the weak-knee capitulation to liberals that cost them the election. There was a huge decline in car bombings and IED's after Zarqawi's demise, and even though the insurgency wasn't ended, or the deaths, I believe they were drastically reduced, and the enemy hindered by the loss. The Culture of Corruption theme worked, but not in the magnitude you had hoped, and the problem you kept running into, was the Culture of Even More Democrat Corruption. The American people will always throw crooks out of office, so this time, you picked off a few of ours, next time, we'll pick off a few of yours. The Culture of Corruption theme is not a viable means to re-surge your power in the long run, and your leaders know it.

This shoestring midterm win, is not proof that the Democrat party is not in demise, and if they don't demonstrate any clue of how to lead, they will be relegated to the back seat again in '08. 60% of this country is conservative, not liberal. As long as the Democrat party is controlled by liberals and policy is shaped around liberalism, the Democrat party is in troubled water. You can manage to keep from going under, by dog-pedaling with faux conservatism, and dirty tricks, but eventually, people will realize you are liberals and reject you. Will this be the end of the Democrat party? I have no way of knowing, I don't predict the future, I just don't think the current liberal Democrat party has much life left.

call it something other than a prediction if you like, and spin like crazy away from all of your dead wrong prognostications of the past, you have been wrong about all of it and you will be wrong about the future. thank God.

call it something other than a prediction if you like, and spin like crazy away from all of your dead wrong prognostications of the past, you have been wrong about all of it and you will be wrong about the future. thank God.

That's precisely what I thought you'd have to say!
I should have made a prediction, dammit!

That's precisely what I thought you'd have to say!
I should have made a prediction, dammit!

and if you HAD made such a prediction before I said that, then that would have been the FIRST correct one you would have made in a long long time.

and if you HAD made such a prediction before I said that, then that would have been the FIRST correct one you would have made in a long long time.

Well, since I am not in business making predictions, and seldom do it anyway, it doesn't matter. I was right about Schiavo, the voters didn't vote on Schiavo. Zarqawi's demise did decrease the car bombs and IED's, as I said it would, it didn't 'end the insurgency' as you claim I 'predicted' it would. AS for the culture of corruption, let's pretend my list of corrupt Democrats and your list of corrupt Republicans, are our dicks, shall we compare?

You can twist and mangle my words all you like, you can call my opinion a prediction if you want to, I can't help the retarded. My opinion, as I state my opinion, is mostly right. I am not always right, and I don't think I am, like SOME people here.

your position on Schiavo was that standing against Bush's idiotic intervention would severely damage the democrats. that was wrong.

Zarqawi's demise has not slowed the carnage in Iraq one iota.... Americans have been dying at a faster clip since his demise than in the same period before his demise...and the carnage amongst Iraqis has skyrocketed.

Your claim about the culture of corruption was that it would not be an effective campaign issue. Karl Rove disagrees with you.

Regarding your opinions, you are hardly ever right.

I certainly don't think I am right all the time.... I thought Kerry could win in '04 so my fallibility is documented.....

and the long list of prognostications that you have made (and that you shamelessly try to wriggle away from) is also well documented.

Like I said, the retarded kid on my son's little league team had a better batting average than you do.

"My opinion, as I state my opinion, is mostly right"

Actually, it isn't. It's insane to even say such a thing. You have been wrong about pretty much everything, for as long as I can remember. You were wrong about where Iraq was headed after Saddam's statue fell, after the 1st & 2nd elections there, and after the Constitution. You were wrong about where casualties were headed, and what Iraq's long-term prospects were. You were wrong about the intel leading up to the war, and you were wrong about the decision to invade.

You were wrong about the backlash you said Dems would feel with your "STFU on Iraq" threads. You were wrong about the backlash you said Dems would feel about Schiavo, much as you try to spin that; you were wrong in the same regard on Bolton, and on how corruption would affect the GOP's electoral prospects. You were wrong on the mood of the electorate, and the Democratic prospects in '06. You were wrong about how what you portrayed as YOUR majority felt about the Iraq War.

I can't remember an instance where you were right, except perhaps the fact that Bush does, from time to time, wear blue jeans.

bush may wear blue jeans, but I, for one, have never found that he looked "hot" in them......

I would prefer to see him in prisoner's coveralls...I think he would look great in THAT attire!

Like I said, the retarded kid on my son's little league team had a better batting average than you do.

I certainly understand why you have to resort to such lowly attacks on my opinions. It's a simple 'if-then' thing... If you draw the perception that Dixie is always wrong, then any future point can be easily discounted. I get it, Maine.

I just don't understand what you are so afraid of. It's obvious that Liberalism has kicked the Conservative Religious Right to the curb in defeat, and America is falling in line behind Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank, to march across Jesusland in a nationwide gay pride parade! This razor-thin victory in a 6th year mid-term proved that! Democrats were completely straight-up with America and ran on all the Liberal agenda, and won control of Congress, so it's obvious that America is now a Liberal Mecca, and wants nothing but liberal ideals in their daily lives. Why are you so afraid of my "always wrong" opinion?

Dixie.... it is not a "perception" it is fact. You have a well deserved reputation as a wacko neocon who is nearly universally incorrect in your "opinions".

Regarding this election: the democrats ran to the middle and the republicans ran away from it. republicans had been tarred with Iraq and with incompetence and corruption and that was entirely self-inflicted.

I don't think that America has changed its overall political philosophical makeup in decades...our views fall along a pretty well defined bell curve. The problem that you faced in '06 is that we got the middle and you didn't.

And the middle came our way precisely because of the issues of Iraq, corruption and incompetence. And we will do nothing to cede any of those issues back to you in the upcoming two years.

And where do you get the idea that I am "afraid" of ANYTHING you say? I sometimes get angry at what you say, but mostly, I just get a good laugh. And I do get a bit of a guilty pleasure out of kicking you to the curb with such regularity. It's kinda like: what day is it? time to kick Dixie to the curb.

another day, another kicking.

ho hum

"My opinion, as I state my opinion, is mostly right"

Actually, it isn't. It's insane to even say such a thing. You have been wrong about pretty much everything, for as long as I can remember. You were wrong about where Iraq was headed after Saddam's statue fell, after the 1st & 2nd elections there, and after the Constitution. You were wrong about where casualties were headed, and what Iraq's long-term prospects were. You were wrong about the intel leading up to the war, and you were wrong about the decision to invade.

You were wrong about the backlash you said Dems would feel with your "STFU on Iraq" threads. You were wrong about the backlash you said Dems would feel about Schiavo, much as you try to spin that; you were wrong in the same regard on Bolton, and on how corruption would affect the GOP's electoral prospects. You were wrong on the mood of the electorate, and the Democratic prospects in '06. You were wrong about how what you portrayed as YOUR majority felt about the Iraq War.

I can't remember an instance where you were right, except perhaps the fact that Bush does, from time to time, wear blue jeans.

that's a pretty good summary.

It's almost as if the dude is a troll - intentionally trying to look like a bumbling idiot. . He admits to having invented an "online persona", anyway. Simply being honest, I guess isn't enough for him.

Back