Do Democrats Comprehend?

Not unless they were expressed as such. You indicated that you predict Manchester United will win the Premiership, after your initial opinion. This made your remark a prediction or prognostication. 'I believe that the shop will have sold out of coke by the time I get there' is a statement of belief, not a prognostication at all, nor is it stated as a prediction of any possible future event. It is articulated as a belief, an opinion, a judgement, not a prediction.

But what if fully one-third of BILLO's predictions were actually predictions, that is, proved accurate??? What then BILLO????????

If you express your opinion as to what WILL happen, it is a prediction.

If you express it as such, you are correct. If you simply say you THINK IT WILL happen, this is entirely different. As I said, there is a clear distinction between an opinion that is predictive in nature, and a formal prediction or prognostication. Are you too intellectually incompetent to realize this distinction? Apparently, you are!

how many angels are we up to on the head of the pin by YOUR count, Dixie?

If I had made as many boneheaded predictions as you had, I suppose I might want to expend a lot of energy talking about the differences between opinions and predictions as a way of diverting the conversation away from how wrong your opinions/predictions had been, regardless of what they are called.

how many angels are we up to on the head of the pin by YOUR count, Dixie?

If I had made as many boneheaded predictions as you had, I suppose I might want to expend a lot of energy talking about the differences between opinions and predictions as a way of diverting the conversation away from how wrong your opinions/predictions had been, regardless of what they are called.

Obviously BILLO hates eating crow!!!!

Oh goody....

we all get to watch the typical Liberal 'Dog Pile" let's see maineman,prakosh and old Iron...undoubtedly working outta that weird Conneticut Senators 'out call house' Hang in there Dixie...none can stand on their own they need to hold each others hands....:cof1:

we all get to watch the typical Liberal 'Dog Pile" let's see maineman,prakosh and old Iron...undoubtedly working outta that weird Conneticut Senators 'out call house' Hang in there Dixie...none can stand on their own they need to hold each others hands....:cof1:

Is that what you call what you are doing here with BILLO, holding hands???? Not that there is anything wrong with that. You may have competition though, I hear he is sweet on the President's butt in those Levis...BILLO really goes for that Brush-clearing persona...

Nah I think...

Is that what you call what you are doing here with BILLO, holding hands???? Not that there is anything wrong with that. You may have competition though, I hear he is sweet on the President's butt in those Levis...BILLO really goes for that Brush-clearing persona...

Dixie likes Condi...oh yeah betta be careful with maineman...I heard via another member that mainman likes to talk about his gay encounters on another board...are you and old iron also on that board...??? see two can play the lib cut game! Only conservs can do it alone...back to maineman and old iron with ya...lol

No, I think he's referring to this response to my last profound and irrefutable point....

View Post Today, 11:18 AM
Remove user from ignore listPrakosh
This message is hidden because Prakosh is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 11:22 AM

View Post Today, 11:23 AM
Remove user from ignore listmaineman
This message is hidden because maineman is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 11:25 AM

View Post Today, 11:34 AM
Remove user from ignore listmaineman
This message is hidden because maineman is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 11:38 AM

It's all good. Prakosh confuses the First Amendment with the Sixth when he wants to, in order to attempt to be right about the ACLU.

BTW - Prakosh. I made some good points up there about them and cases they have tried, many of which have little to do with the First Amendment.

Not the least all those cases you listed for Legal Representation (Sixth Amendment) and then attempted to tell me belonged with the First Amendment.

It's all good. Prakosh confuses the First Amendment with the Sixth when he wants to, in order to attempt to be right about the ACLU.

BTW - Prakosh. I made some good points up there about them and cases they have tried, many of which have little to do with the First Amendment.

Not the least all those cases you listed for Legal Representation (Sixth Amendment) and then attempted to tell me belonged with the First Amendment.

you aren't suggesting that certain parts of the Bill of Rights are less worthy than others?

you aren't suggesting that certain parts of the Bill of Rights are less worthy than others?
Nope. I am suggesting that he was wrong about the ACLU being only about First Amendment Rights...

I was pointing out that his claim that Legal Representation was First Amendment was simply incorrect as it is specifically listed as the Sixth Amendment.

I also pointed out that the Eighth Amendment and Civil Rights directly are covered by the ACLU and gave links to cases of such....

I wonder.... does Dixie put me on his ignore list whenever I point out things he'd rather not have to confront?

lol

No, I mostly use it as a Pinhead noise filter. I can click to read what someone says, if I think it is worthwhile, or if I am interested in hearing what they have to say. Grind and Beefy are on my list because they like to hijack threads and talk about totally unrelated bullshit. Most of the people on my ignore list, are there because they simply like to agitate and provoke. It leads to a very different looking thread on my monitor, I can actually follow a meaningful debate between... say, Damo and Arnold... while ignoring the 'noise' from pinhead antagonists.

From the ACLU's Own Website:

The mission of the ACLU is to preserve all of these protections and guarantees:

* Your First Amendment rights-freedom of speech, association and assembly. Freedom of the press, and freedom of religion supported by the strict separation of church and state.

There is a reason this is at the top of the ACLU's mission statement. Hense my claim that "They are first Amendment guardians, that is what they do."

All the cases regarding courts and the rest of their cases are concened with some aspect of freedom of speech. Whether they argue it on first through the 10th Amendment or beyond, they are concerned with representation and the ability to be heard.

No, I mostly use it as a Pinhead noise filter. I can click to read what someone says, if I think it is worthwhile, or if I am interested in hearing what they have to say. Grind and Beefy are on my list because they like to hijack threads and talk about totally unrelated bullshit. Most of the people on my ignore list, are there because they simply like to agitate and provoke. It leads to a very different looking thread on my monitor, I can actually follow a meaningful debate between... say, Damo and Arnold... while ignoring the 'noise' from pinhead antagonists.

Speaking of posters who post meaningless "noise" on the board, I haven't seen one of your silly FP versus JPP cyber football games in a while.........

From the ACLU's Own Website:

* Your First Amendment rights-freedom of speech, association and assembly. Freedom of the press, and freedom of religion supported by the strict separation of church and state.

There is a reason this is at the top of the ACLU's mission statement. Hense my claim that "They are first Amendment guardians, that is what they do."

All the cases regarding courts and the rest of their cases are concened with some aspect of freedom of speech. Whether they argue it on first through the 10th Amendment or beyond, they are concerned with representation and the ability to be heard.
Also from their site, directly were the links that I listed. It is foolish to say that they are all about it, then change to they are "primarily" about it, and ignore that they work for Civil Liberties which extend far beyond the First Amendment all because you wanted to plow Dix. It turns out you are simply wrong. Get over it.

The cases you listed personally about the "First Amendment" saying that Legal Counsel was about that Amendment were simply about the Sixth Amendment which gaurantees that representation. There is a reason it was listed separately.

Let's get the whole of the Mission Statement rather than sheepishly ignoring the other three...

Your First Amendment rights-freedom of speech, association and assembly. Freedom of the press, and freedom of religion supported by the strict separation of church and state.
(First Amendment)

Your right to equal protection under the law - equal treatment regardless of race, sex, religion or national origin.
(Civil Rights)

Your right to due process - fair treatment by the government whenever the loss of your liberty or property is at stake.
(Fourth, Sixth, Eighth Amendments)

Your right to privacy - freedom from unwarranted government intrusion into your personal and private affairs.
(Fourth Again, and Ninth)

We work also to extend rights to segments of our population that have traditionally been denied their rights, including Native Americans and other people of color; lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgendered people; women; mental-health patients; prisoners; people with disabilities; and the poor.

If the rights of society's most vulnerable members are denied, everybody's rights are imperiled.
(Imagine that they stress here the Civil Rights again... Hmmm... Maybe they really aren't all about the First Amendment)

You can either accept that your idea that they are "Primarily First Amendment" is simply rejected by their site and their mission statement which includes so many more than just that one or you can keep embarrassing yourself and attempting to take their own site out of context.

Back