Does Winterborn = Solitary?

Well the 250 only did that speed with a 80gr bullet (I'll double check on that). But try and haggle him down a little. There is ALWAYS room to haggle on guns.

The thing about the 250 is is that quarter bores (.25 caliber guns) were never too popular here at any time period. The most popular will always be the 257 Roberts, and with good reason. In 2nd place is the 25-06 because of the ease it can be made with 30-06 cases, important to handloaders. The 250 is a unique case, and isn't better than the 257, so.... yeah.

I've never been interested in a .25 for anything except long range varmint hunting. The 25-06 I shot would do that is grand style. I have a friend who swears by his .257 Roberts. But he also complains that a .270 kicks to hard to hunt with.

I like a bigger bullet that will hit hard. I guess I read too much Elmer keith when I was a kid.

I've never been interested in a .25 for anything except long range varmint hunting. The 25-06 I shot would do that is grand style. I have a friend who swears by his .257 Roberts. But he also complains that a .270 kicks to hard to hunt with.

I like a bigger bullet that will hit hard. I guess I read too much Elmer keith when I was a kid.
The 270 does have more kick to it for such a light bullet. I too am a big bore fan. Specifically 45-70.

The 270 does have more kick to it for such a light bullet. I too am a big bore fan. Specifically 45-70.

I loved my Marlin 45-70, and was a fool for selling it. But the newer models have bigger loops on the lever, without looking like a prop from the Rifleman tv show.

With the LeverEvolution ammo, its perfect for most deer hunting I do, and the best rifle ever for hog hunting.

Since you are going to pretend you didn't see it, lets repost it here.
I will bet you that Remington sold me that rifle directly from the factory and I picked it from their world headquarters in a VIP sale. $100 via paypal, Damo to hold the money.

My evidence will be the packing list for the shipment with my name on it and the executive who made the transfer. Damo will be the sole judge and you will only see a redacted version of the paper which will clearly indicate "VIP SALES".

:)

I loved my Marlin 45-70, and was a fool for selling it. But the newer models have bigger loops on the lever, without looking like a prop from the Rifleman tv show.

With the LeverEvolution ammo, its perfect for most deer hunting I do, and the best rifle ever for hog hunting.
I HATE the bigger loop. It's so... stupid looking. I'm tryin to find a replica of the original Henry 'ironsides' rifle. THAT is a classy lookin gun.
henry-1860.gif

You're a pussy Cap'n. Take the bet. :)

Man up and admit you were full of shit when you argued with me about the bullet and barrel diameters in a .308 Win.

I've posted proof. It also tells us that your "engineer" either doesn't work where you said, isn't who you claim, or is completely invented.

I HATE the bigger loop. It's so... stupid looking. I'm tryin to find a replica of the original Henry 'ironsides' rifle. THAT is a classy lookin gun.
henry-1860.gif

I'm looking for a suitable pic of the Marlin I want. I'm not looking for a Henry-lookalike. I want a tough, compact piece of heavy firepower.

SM, you seem to have failed reading comprehension. When I said you were on my ignore list, I meant that you were on my ignore list and I will not see any posts of yours.

I looked one of the new Guide Guns over in a local shop. Its short, handy, and the bigger loop works great with gloves on. It is well balanced. With the newer ammunition I can reliably reach out to 200 yards or more. And whatever I hit is anchored to the spot with one 325 gr punch.

I looked one of the new Guide Guns over in a local shop. Its short, handy, and the bigger loop works great with gloves on. It is well balanced. With the newer ammunition I can reliably reach out to 200 yards or more. And whatever I hit is anchored to the spot with one 325 gr punch.
The new ammo is pretty much a necessity anyways, since it's also the cheapest 45-70 that I know of.

The new ammo is pretty much a necessity anyways, since it's also the cheapest 45-70 that I know of.

By "new" I was meaning the LeverEvolution ammo with the pointed tip bullets. It takes the old 45-70 and makes it a 250-300 yard round. Its not as acheap as most ammo. The cowboy action rounds are great for just shooting. Less recoil and a touch of blackpowder for some smoke.

Yes I'm aware of my epic pwnage of you on that, but you could not have missed my private message making the same challenge. :)

I have no doubt you read my post concerning the dimensions of the .308 Win. barrel and bullet. And yet you are not willing to man up and admit you made a fool of yourself in that argument.

Of course, that would mean admitting your imaginary engineer is clueless too.

Didn't read it. :good4u:

First of all, I think that is another lie. But on the off chance you didn't, I guess its easier to maintain you are correct if you ignore any proof to the contrary. Typical.

You were pwnd in that entire thread. So I can imagine you just want it to go away. Funny you would be the one to bring it back to the top of the Sports forum again.

Back