Does Winterborn = Solitary?

Not at all. My education and experience with mechanics tells me that if the ID of the hole is smaller than the OD of the inserted part, that is called an "interference fit", resulting in extreme friction between the parts usually to the point of seizure. This is a simple fact of physics that can't be ignored, and governs all machine parts, which of course includes firearms.

Further, I've provided evidence that shows that the OD of a lead bullet of a certain caliber is in fact smaller then the ID of the bore (in firearms terms with a rifled barrel, the ID is the larger grove diameter, which is sometimes called the OD of the bore).

I recall your explanation of why you think the bullet is larger, something to the effect that the outer layer of lead is sheared off or some other nonsense. That would result in extreme fouling of the rifle bore, lead contamination of the shooting area and possible vaporization of the lead; a deadly situation for the shooter even assuming that the gun didn't blow up in his face.

So you can scream and cry all you want but you cannot defy the laws of physics.

My manufacturing engineer friend who facilitated the VIP sale agreed, and we had a little laugh over the issue at your expense. This appears to have caused you much embarrassment although you weren't even privy to the conversation. You've been shamed to the point where you have taken this issue to several threads. You've even denied the existence of my friend as well as the sale, yet you refuse the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is.

So I'm drawing a line here with this issue and refuse to read any more of your explanations until you either admit that the sale took place as I stated or you bet me $100 with the parameters that I stated earlier. :)

Not at all. My education and experience with mechanics tells me that if the ID of the hole is smaller than the OD of the inserted part, that is called an "interference fit", resulting in extreme friction between the parts usually to the point of seizure. This is a simple fact of physics that can't be ignored, and governs all machine parts, which of course includes firearms.

Further, I've provided evidence that shows that the OD of a lead bullet of a certain caliber is in fact smaller then the ID of the bore (in firearms terms with a rifled barrel, the ID is the larger grove diameter, which is sometimes called the OD of the bore).

I recall your explanation of why you think the bullet is larger, something to the effect that the outer layer of lead is sheared off or some other nonsense. That would result in extreme fouling of the rifle bore, lead contamination of the shooting area and possible vaporization of the lead; a deadly situation for the shooter even assuming that the gun didn't blow up in his face.

So you can scream and cry all you want but you cannot defy the laws of physics.

My manufacturing engineer friend who facilitated the VIP sale agreed, and we had a little laugh over the issue at your expense. This appears to have caused you much embarrassment although you weren't even privy to the conversation. You've been shamed to the point where you have taken this issue to several threads. You've even denied the existence of my friend as well as the sale, yet you refuse the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is.

So I'm drawing a line here with this issue and refuse to read any more of your explanations until you either admit that the sale took place as I stated or you bet me $100 with the parameters that I stated earlier. :)

You education apparently did not involve reading, since the links I have provided woud educate you even further on the details of ballistics. Something you admitted that you knew little or nothing about.

As for your friend, it doesn't embarrass me at all. I know the facts about the .308 round and have shown them to be true. Your example was an older round (originally made with black powder) that does not fit the parameters of what I described. But that does not say anything about the truth of what I posted.

I have made fun of your imaginary friend, because either he doesn't exist or he doesn't know his business. I have not harped on the purchase nearly as much because, while I didn't believe it, it isn't where my expertise and knowledge is solid. Your bet is a joke.

Yes, I have brought these thing up in other threads. But only in response to you making such a big deal over whether I am Solitary or not. Your insistence that a lie about my actual identity is somehow connected to whether my posts are credible is especially laughable since you have lied on these forums. The fact that you made claims you insisted were fact, and then backed off when challenged shows you are clueless.

You want to draw a line? Thats fine with me. I can see that you are too cowardly to debate me on issues on this board, so if this line is now closed I am rid of your obnoxious personal attacks on me and my family.

Thanks for the line and the enjoyment of your humiliation. Its been a lotta laughs.

Last edited:
P.S. If experience arguing with you has shown me one thing, its that you don't walk away from a topic unless you are losing.

Sweet victory! :rofl:

P.S. If experience arguing with you has shown me one thing, its that you don't walk away from a topic unless you are losing
You are describing yourself:

I have made fun of your imaginary friend, because either he doesn't exist or he doesn't know his business. I have not harped on the purchase nearly as much because, while I didn't believe it, it isn't where my expertise and knowledge is solid. Your bet is a joke.

My bet proves the existence of my friend as well as the item purchased. :)

You are describing yourself:

Again, you try to make fun of me for continuing, and yet it is a continuation that we both make.

My bet proves the existence of my friend as well as the item purchased. :)

Your bet proves nothing about your imaginary engineer. The fact that he claimed that firing a bullet, with a diameter of .308 inches, thru a barrel with a groove diameter of .308 inches and a bore diameter of .300 inches would cause the gun to blow up, is proof of you either lying about what he said or lying about what he does.

Which proves the point I made pages and pages ago.

Back to your favorite logical fallacy I see: straw men.

1. I'm making fun of you because you are the one walking away from an issue because you are afraid to lose $100, not for the reason you are trying to claim.
2. My bet proves his existence. Care to take it?
3. My conversation with him about the issue wasn't that detailed. I told him that some guy thought that a bullet had a slightly larger OD than the ID of the bore, and we had a laugh about that.

1. I'm making fun of you because you are the one walking away from an issue because you are afraid to lose $100, not for the reason you are trying to claim.
3. My conversation with him about the issue wasn't that detailed. I told him that some guy thought that a bullet had a slightly larger OD than the ID of the bore, and we had a laugh about that.

1. I'm not walking away. I just don't trust you.
2. The claim you made disproves him being either what you claim or his existence.
3. And if he doesn't know that all bullets will have a slightly larger OD than the bore diameter, then he isn't in the firearms manufacturing business.

Also, there is no strawman. I pointed out the hypocrisy of you talking about me not quitting these threads. The only time I continue on is when you keep posting.

The rest is self-explanatory when you understand that I am 100% accurate in my description of the .308 Win.

Also, there is no strawman. I pointed out the hypocrisy of you talking about me not quitting these threads. The only time I continue on is when you keep posting.

The rest is self-explanatory when you understand that I am 100% accurate in my description of the .308 Win.

As usual, you can't admit, or perhaps even see your own strawman. This is exactly why I refuse to have "debates" with you. It's senseless to argue with a complete imbecile. :)

As usual, you can't admit, or perhaps even see your own strawman. This is exactly why I refuse to have "debates" with you. It's senseless to argue with a complete imbecile. :)

If you want to make that claim as to why you don't debate me, thats fine. Maybe there is someone out there who believes you. Most won't.

If you were arguing with an imbecile, and were proven wrong, where does that leave you?

The gun debate is one in which you were proven wrong, and you still refuse to admit it. You arguments were either inaccurate (using the 7.62x54R) or were childish.

Now you claim a gun manufacturing engineer thinks a bullet with an OD slightly larger than the ID of the bore would cause the gun to explode? If the bullet were smaller or the exact same size as the ID of the bore, the rifling would have no effect on the round. It would be like a shotgun slug or musket ball. Even if he isn't an expert in ballistics he would know that the projectile must be large enough for the rifling grooves to cause it to spin.

I will bet you that Remington sold me that rifle directly from the factory and I picked it from their world headquarters in a VIP sale. $100 via paypal, Damo to hold the money.

My evidence will be the packing list for the shipment with my name on it and the executive who made the transfer. Damo will be the sole judge and you will only see a redacted version of the paper which will clearly indicate "VIP SALES".

:)

That is fine, bet with the one who pressed that issue.

My issue is still the original argument about the dimensions of the .308 Win. The arguments you made prove you lie on this website, which makes your insistence that if I am actually Solitary, it matters at all towards my credibility. (of course, no one else seems to have an issue with my credibility)

You are the only person on this website who cares at all. And it has been shown that you lied, and admitted lying to the gov't (which is still lying) so your own credibility is gone as much as you claim mine would be.

Damn Southener only notices strawmen when they have massive erections, because it gets him all riled up and horny.

SM loves to deny people's arguments based on his treasured Logical Fallacies. But he is guilty of using these same logical fallacies as the basis for his arguments as well.

Its called "Hypocrisy", and its why he hates debating me. He has to debate properly, and he can't.

Back