Does Winterborn = Solitary?

Our discussion has been about the .308 Winchester. I have even made sure I typed out the entire name in most posts.

The site referenced shows that you have been wrong. It also shows that either you lied about the engineer, lied about what he said, or that he is an idiot.

Unless you can show some reliable source that says the specs for the bore grrove diameter and the bullet diameter are the tolerances that are not the same, you are chasing a moot point.

As is the case with the .223 Rem and the 5.56mm, it may well be the pressures developed that make it unsafe to use 7.72x51mm rounds in a .308 Win rifle.

Ok, so where will SM run now?

He has been shown to be wrong in the ballistics discussion AND made to look a fool in his "where did I say certain" diversion.

Dance SM, dance away quickly. :rofl:

You're the one making the accusation. It's up to you to prove the exact dimensions and tolerances, not me.

When we talked in the other thread it was about the .308 Win. The link proves that the bore groove diameter is .308 inches and the bullet outside diameter is .308 inches. That is what you have adamantly argued against the entire time.

Well, you also went with the "when did I say 'certain'" thing earlier, but that was shot down rather quickly. lol

So are you still not "budging"?

Your error here is not understanding that the advertised diameters and the actual, measured diameters appear to be different. Again, have you accurately measured them?.

The link I posted has nothing to do with advertised diameters. It states the physical dimensions.

Yes, as a matter of fact I have accurately measured them. The measurements agree with the specs listed.

Have you any actual evidence to dispute the facts posted? Or is it, as I stated, that you stubbornly stick to your incorrect argument?

I see you are still avoiding discussing your being served a nice helping of crow on the "when did I say 'certain'"?

No, those are merely advertised dimensions.

What type of tool do you have to measure bullet OD and grove ID? :)

Where do you get that they are advertised dimensions? That is not a manufacturer posting the specs.

Please cite where the links state that the dimensions are anything but actual specs?

Its your link. Cite where they state they are.

The measurements are listed under the headings "308 Winchester Barrel Specifications:" and "308 Winchester Cartridge Specifications:".

You made the claim that they are simply advertised specs, so you have to provide evidence to back it up.

I have provided two links today that show my claims to be accurate. Show some evidence to dispute it or admit that you lost this argument. (or lied about your claims)

Back