Does Winterborn = Solitary?

Its your link. Cite where they state they are.

SM, on the Chuck Hawks site, the heading reads as follows:

"The following list shows correct bullet diameters in thousandths of an inch and rifle cartridges that use bullets of each diameter."

You have lied, misquoted and danced for 8 months on this topic. And you still won't admit you are wrong.

This is more entertaining than a free website oughta be.

SM, this is from another article on the Chuck Hawks site:

"A rifle barrel is usually a long (16 to 30 inches), tapering, tube made of steel with fairly thick walls. It starts as a steel bar, which is then drilled and reamed to the "bore diameter" of the cartridge for which it is to be chambered. For example, the bore diameter is .300 inch for a typical .30 caliber cartridge like the .30-30, .308 Winchester, .30-06 or .300 Magnum. The rifling grooves are then cut into the bore. The distance across the grooves is called the "groove diameter." This varies depending on the caliber, but measures .308 inch for typical .30 caliber cartridges."

And SM said he could "guarantee" the rifle would "blow up".

But that wasn't a claim?

Yes it is. And he refuses to backup his own claims, but requires citations and proof of everyone else for their claims.

He knows he is wrong and has been made a fool of, but he is just trying to save face. Too late for that on this topic.

:rofl:

What model?

:rofl: I am not going out in the garage and digging it out. The links to the three or four websites all say the same thing. So unless you have some source that says different, the OD of the bullet and groove diameter of the barrel are both .308 inches on a .308 Win.

That's not how it works.

SM doesn't have to prove his claims are true.

Only you do. Or, you have to prove your claims aren't false. Or something.

See?

That's not how it works.

SM doesn't have to prove his claims are true.

Only you do. Or, you have to prove your claims aren't false. Or something.

See?

Yeah, its funny that he requires proof but doesn't have any himself.

Now he is focusing on the model number of the micrometer I use. :palm:

Translation: you don't have one. :)

No, the translation is that I am not going out into my cold garage and pulling my reloading tools out to get a model number. Since you have shown that you ill continue to argue, without evidence, despite the preponderance of linked evidence I have posted.

Its an RCBS micrometer. I bought it when I bought my Rockchucker press.

Vernier or dial?

I'm sorry, did you post some evidence that I missed? So far all I see is you ignoring linked evidence and pushing for me to prove the point over and over and over.

Admit that you are wrong and be done with it. I'll get my micrometer out and take a picture of it when its not so cold and I am not so comfortable inside.

This is simply you dodging the topic again. The dance ill be called "The SM Side-Step".

If you don't know without looking at it if its a vernier or dial it is obvious that you don't have one, and need the time to go to your buddies house and take a picture of it. You fucking liar.

If you don't know without looking at it if its a vernier or dial it is obvious that you don't have one, and need the time to go to your buddies house and take a picture of it. You fucking liar.

Again, where have you posted any evidence refuting the info I have given? If we are discussing a topic, you really need to stick with it and stop doing The SM Side-Step.

There is no fucking way that you couldn't remember if you had a vernier or dial caliper. No fucking way whatsoever.

There is no fucking way that you couldn't remember if you had a vernier or dial caliper. No fucking way whatsoever.

Have I said I don't? I am just not letting you take the thread off on yet another tangent in order to divert the topic away from the one you have had your ego bruised on. The discussion was on whether the OD of the bullet and the groove diameter of the barrel in a .308 Win are the same. My micrometer is irrelevant. If you want to rant about credibility, the fact that you are ignoring 3 or 4 links to information posted by experts saying the exact smae thing I have said all along, speaks to plenty of credibility where the facts are concerned.

Back