Economy Surges Ahead Despite Housing

If you are an able body who is willing to work its not a problem to find a job in this country. If you want a better job its not a problem to get a loan and go back to school in this country. Yes its still the land of opportunity.. for hardworking people.

What's your point?

Mine was that the median income has declined yet again while the economy grew and that the top 10% are experiencing phenomenal income growth while the rest are treading water.

Sure you can get a job. Sure you can get a better job with more education. Sure there are many opportunities in this country. That doesn't change the facts as I've stated them above. Growth is good but don't try to convince people not benefiting from the growth that everything is fantastic when their bottom-line tells them otherwise.

And better education is not the fix all.
If all got college degrees would there be suitable jobs for all of them ?

I am all for better education. I have already set up college trust funds for my GC. And if things go well plan to offer a few scholorships on my own next year.

What's your point?

Mine was that the median income has declined yet again while the economy grew and that the top 10% are experiencing phenomenal income growth while the rest are treading water.

Sure you can get a job. Sure you can get a better job with more education. Sure there are many opportunities in this country. That doesn't change the facts as I've stated them above. Growth is good but don't try to convince people not benefiting from the growth that everything is fantastic when their bottom-line tells them otherwise.

So let me ask the questin? What is the median income?
You can go to community college for 18months to become an RN and make upwards of 100K per year in MA. A new nurse with zero experience can make 50K working 24hours per week.

You can become a teacher and make 50K out the gate

you can go to some technical classes and get an associate degree and make over 100K as a programmer.

So enlighten me as to what the median income in America is and why all those making min wage are unable to make more. Please educate me.

good your grandkids won't be brick dumb like you
Dungshit meadian income is NOT going down moron.
It's 48,000 and rising

From toppers link:

GDP growth may have slowed to just above 2 percent in the current quarter and many analysts believe growth will slow even further in the final three months of this year as the full impact of the recent market turmoil is felt.

I'd guess topper's gonna ignore this...

You can go to community college for 18months to become an RN and make upwards of 100K per year in MA. A new nurse with zero experience can make 50K working 24hours per week.

you can go to some technical classes and get an associate degree and make over 100K as a programmer.

So enlighten me as to what the median income in America is and why all those making min wage are unable to make more. Please educate me.

Chap your guestimates are high.
I work in the programming /software development field. Most programmers make 75K or less that I have known of.
BTW i support an client server application with over 3 million lines of code.
and we have outsourced many programming jobs to India. a decision well over my head btw.

I know several nurses and they tend to make 60 k or less....

I make $75/hr with a technical education.

I will believe the census data.

The median income is right around $41,000. And Chap, use that block sitting atop you neck and between your shoulders. I'm sure you can figure out why everyone can't be a teacher or a programmer or a RN and why some people work at Dunkin Donuts or Bickfords or Dennys and its got nothing to do with not being "willing" or not "working hard."

good your grandkids won't be brick dumb like you
Dungshit meadian income is NOT going down moron.
It's 48,000 and rising

The folks at the Census Bureau disagree. I'll take their word over yours.

Edit: I'm referring to individual wages, not household income.

Last edited:
The median income is right around $41,000. And Chap, use that block sitting atop you neck and between your shoulders. I'm sure you can figure out why everyone can't be a teacher or a programmer or a RN and why some people work at Dunkin Donuts or Bickfords or Dennys and its got nothing to do with not being "willing" or not "working hard."

So we have more retarded people in the country driving the medium income down?

Chap lives in Mass. salaries are prob much higher there. In Louisiana and Texas they are closer to USC's number.
60 and 75,000 is good money and plenty to get rich on if you spend as much time in the Wall Street Journal as you do on buying a car.

Right. Who is actually "working hard" and who is actually a lazy ass?

Am I "working hard" while the girl sweating over a McDonald's fryer, or cleaning offices is a "lazy ass"?

I'm sitting on my butt and posting on this board all day.

And, in case no one has noticed? I'm not alone.

Chap your guestimates are high.
I work in the programming /software development field. Most programmers make 75K or less that I have known of.
BTW i support an client server application with over 3 million lines of code.
and we have outsourced many programming jobs to India. a decision well over my head btw.

I know several nurses and they tend to make 60 k or less....

I make $75/hr with a technical education.

I will believe the census data.

well maybe its indexed for My state.

From the story:
However, analysts believe the Federal Reserve will act to avert a full-blown recession. If financial turmoil persists, they think the Fed will wield its major policy tool, cutting its target for the federal funds rate, the interest that banks charge each other. That rate has been at 5.25 percent for more than a year, but investors are starting to hope that the Fed will begin reducing it in quarter-point moves starting at their next meeting on Sept. 18.

Good. Lower the rates! Nothing like a good boost to help out against the housing bubble.

Am I "working hard" while the girl sweating over a McDonald's fryer, or cleaning offices is a "lazy ass"?

And how did you get to your position? you saying you never had to work hard to get your easier job?

:)

Yep it is a feature of our society, the more you make the less you work.

And how did you get to your position? you saying you never had to work hard to get your easier job?

I've never worked like someone who cleans houses, and actually, I don't think I've ever done any real hard work, as an employee, at all. I write stuff. How hard is that? I'd say I've had it pretty easy. The hardest part of my job has always been meetings, like the one I have at 11:30, which annoy me to no end.

Is sitting through a meeting of pompous dumbasses, "hard work"? I doubt it.

Bingo baby
use the noggin, get paid for your brain power not your back power.
Pay for back power is going down fast

Back