Favorite alcoholic drinks

Most tequila producers in Jalisco make at least three variants of their product: plata, reposado, and anejo. The difference lies in how long they have been aged. Plata is usually clear and is the youngest of the three. I like plata in margarittas and palomas. Next is reposado... Aged in oak for up to one year... Smoother and mofre mellow than plata, if you find a good one, it is fine on the rocks. Finally, anejo is aged in oak for at least a year and usually longer. It's the smoothest and can be sipped neat or on the rocks.

I never thought of Rum/Rhum as sipping whiskey until I went to the Philippines and my future brother in-law shared some Tanduey Rhum. Good stuff man.

It's Tanduay in case anyone wants to get some. The "good stuff" is really all about the aging, climate, and the barrels used- including the size of the barrel. A pallet for rum is all about deciding if you like it spiced or not; dark or not. A real top shelf rum that is still affordable is Pyrat. A seriously smooth sipping rum. I'm not so certain the "h" carries all that much weight with regards to what's a good rum. I think like most things alcoholic it's to the individuals taste.

Most tequila producers in Jalisco make at least three variants of their product: plata, reposado, and anejo. The difference lies in how long they have been aged. Plata is usually clear and is the youngest of the three. I like plata in margarittas and palomas. Next is reposado... Aged in oak for up to one year... Smoother and mofre mellow than plata, if you find a good one, it is fine on the rocks. Finally, anejo is aged in oak for at least a year and usually longer. It's the smoothest and can be sipped neat or on the rocks.

Yeah maineman i was gonna ask you about the differences! LOL thanks for the information..

The difference in many fine Tequila's also depends on if it's 100% Blue Agave (cheaper brands can mix up to 50% with sugar cane and still legally be called "tequila" but it's cheap crap. I call it "rumquila") and how many times it's been distilled. A triple distilled Anejo made from 100% Blue Agave is going to be of a higher quality than a single distilled Anejo.

The only kinds they sell in liquor stores where I live are all 100% blue agave.

Damn, but I DO love good tequila, and I used to be a scotch guy. Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes!

Back